Election: Who's the winner and when will it be called

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I started a similar bet at the office. Two parts. Based on current polls and regardless of your personal preference:

1) Who will win the Presidential Election?

2) When will it be called by CNN and at what time (Eastern Standard time)?

My prediction. Clinton / 8:45PM.

What does the MLO member get if they are the closest either side of the stated time?

Beats me but maybe someone has an idea. :devil:

Gordon

Four more days! Four more days!

I just want this election cycle OVER !!!!!

Clinton to win, but I think the bigger question is whether Trump will concede or if he will turn this into another reality TV production.

Based on polls throughout the last month, the electoral college map, Trump's lack of ground game, Trump's lack of appeal to minorities and women, Clinton's financial advantage and better-organized campaign, and the number of establishment republicans repudiating Trump, I think Clinton is bound to win. I also predict it will be called by 11:00 pm eastern. We'll see.

Edit: The bigger question is who wins control of the Senate. Too close for me to make a prediction, but I am hopeful the democrats can take it. The republicans need to suffer some consequences for their obstruction and the complete abdication of their Constitutional duty to advise and consent on Supreme Court nominations.

Last edited:
Clinton .........and hopefully she turns out to be a better president than expected by the right.

'Chicken Noodle News' will call it by 2218 ........

It makes me mad to think that in addition to the threats of Al Qada terror attacks, the US may have to contend with violence by home-grown terrorists who have been created by claims of poll rigging and being asked to monitor polling stations.

For your sakes guys I sincerely hope that neither of those situations occurs.

I say they call it at 11:05 EST. For Hillary I believe. They will wait for California to close is my thought. Although this could be a race to call it first. Just seems they have been cautious about this recently.

Four more days! Four more days!

I just want this election cycle OVER !!!!!
They

Clinton to win, but I think the bigger question is whether Trump will concede or if he will turn this into another reality TV production.

I don't see this happening. I also don't see violence at the polls... but hey you never know - I believe I saw agreement that the Dems sent people to trump rally's to incite violence - who knows if the vote is tight what they might do!!! Lol. Pathetic. We don't stand a chance

I don't see this happening. I also don't see violence at the polls... but hey you never know - I believe I saw agreement that the Dems sent people to trump rally's to incite violence - who knows if the vote is tight what they might do!!! Lol. Pathetic. We don't stand a chance

You don't see what happening? Hillary winning or Trump conceding defeat?

Clinton .........and hopefully she turns out to be a better president than expected by the right.

'Chicken Noodle News' will call it by 2218 ........

Dave,

Gotta be sooner. That's past my bedtime. :D

You don't see what happening? Hillary winning or Trump conceding defeat?
Sorry. I wasn't real clear. I don't see violence at the polls happening and I don't see trump waving his arms around if he loses. Now I'd say he could if it is really close. You know similar to what al gore did? But something close is legit to question. I just don't know if the electoral vote is going to be close enough to warrant a fuss. See post 6 for my prediction. I can't say it again!! :).

Last edited:
Sorry. I wasn't real clear. I don't see violence at the polls happening and I don't see trump waving his arms around if he loses. Now I'd say he could if it is really close. You know similar to what al gore did? But something close is legit to question. I just don't know if the electoral vote is going to be close enough to warrant a fuss. See post 6 for my prediction. I can't say it again!! :).

Fair enough.

I was reading that we have OVER 200M people registered to vote with VERY strong registration going on. The new voters registering are 42-50% Democrat 10-28% Republican and the difference are registering Independent.

In addition we are expecting good weather on Tuesday.

It looks like the perfect conditions for a huge voter turnout.

This election IS a media event and it appears young people want to be part of it.

went to my polling place around 1015 this morning. no wait, I was voter 1375 !, my township alone has 3 polling places so with the great weather here the turnout will be big.

I saw quite a few parents bringing their kids which I thought was good as well.

I saw this and thought it might be appropriate.

14962656_10207667694391113_8661302653781604361_n.jpg

I think the thought of CNN calling the race is a bit one sided but, I'll play along...CNN will call the race as a win for Hillary at 7:40pm EST which is 9:40pm here in Tucson.

There are many polling issues happening as we speak. Just an example, my mother lives in Oro Valley, just north of Tucson. This area is a very strong red part of normally blue Tucson. She has voted at the Baptist church for the last 20 years, she is 76 years old, she went there and no one was around, no signs of the polling place change or where to go. She's a young 76 and still works as a realtor, she called the number on her ballot and was told where to go. How many other elderly voters will do that or, just give up and go home?

Many of these older voters believe in the process and refuse to mail in ballots, they take pride in getting in line and casting their vote as they have done all their long lives...Bless Them!

So, I'm saying even if a winner is called by CNN, it ain't over by a long shot my friends...

So, I'm saying even if a winner is called by CNN, it ain't over by a long shot my friends...

Hi Craig, what's going to happen if HRC wins the election.

Best,

Gordon

PS: As an aside, don't you think that this country has gone through enough pain, divisiveness, and chaos and needs to come together to accept the result and move towards a more productive, positive direction?

Last edited:

Oh, I'm pretty sure once the race is definitively called, it's over. All this bluster by The Donald of challenging the result is just that: bluster. He will go out with a whimper, not a bang.

Edit: oh, and Stuwee, you might want to reconsider your time zone calculations. 7:40 Eastern is 5:40 mountain (not 9:40).

Last edited:
Gordon, I totally agree that if HRC wins, and that is very likely, we should all work together. I have a very strong dislike for Paul Ryan and other so-called Republicans however, I do like his stance on starting at the local level and picking the right reps for your beliefs. I've been doing that for years, and very strongly especially this past 18 months.

I personally got over 100+ young 18 to 25 year olds that have never voted to look up all the issues and decide how they wanted to vote. About half I got to send in early ballots, the rest I followed up on and made sure they got to their polling place today. I DID NOT tell them who to vote for or try to influence them in any way.

BTW, I voted for several liberal Dems on issues I hold dear, like the environment...solar energy sources, and certain district court judges...even prop 205, that makes recreational marijuana use legal in AZ. I even bit my tongue and went against John McCain for the Senate seat!!

I'm very willing to work with whom ever to get some much needed things done.

Rich, please forgive my time zone calculations, I mistakenly flipped the times, I've been enjoying some Crown Royal this afternoon/evening :cool:

I'm not going to gloat, not in my nature, in fact I'm very surprised!

I hope we can all work together and get along. It's 12:30am here, the Crown Royal has done me in, see ya's in the morning, and Peace my friends!!

Craig

Latest posts

Back