New ML owner in Bavaria, Germany

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiFiFuchs

Reaction score
Smile New owner of a pair of ML Aerious

Hi everybody,

Since app. 40 years I have been into HiFi, the last 30 years into sensible high end tube amplified HiFi.
My aim is to get the best possible sound without spending an arm and a leg
Please let me introduce my system:

CD Player: Modified Arcam Alpha+ The player was modified with new OP-Amps, new caps and a discrete NOS-Board with a high quality clock app. one year ago. It is connected to the pre-amp via pure silver Audio Note chinch cables.

Analog record payer: System Dec IIS with a Helios Aurum tone arm and a Audioquest MC system. The audioquest system is a low output MC version and connected to the preamp with a passive pure silver step-up trafo from Audio Innovations (now Audio Note UK).

Pre amp: Edison One tube pre amp (designed by Audio Innovations). CD input is passive = ony component in the signal path is the potentiometer which is swapped with a step ladder attenuator build with Dale resistors. All coupling caps are Wonder Caps. Interconnects between pre and power amp is OFC Audio Note chinch cables.

Power Amp(s): 2 x Audio Innovations S800 stereo amps in bi-amping. The S800 power amp is a push-pull amp with EL34 tubes in pure Class A. Within the last year I changed all components in the power supply and in the signal path.

Until a few weeks ago I had a pair of wonderful LS - TDL Monitor Compact which I also upgraded with complete new cross overs (Mundorf components).
I have always been dreaming of hooking my tube amps up with a pair of ESLs. I realised this dream some weeks ago and I am sooo happy I took this step. My new second hand Aerius are just wonderful and I am looking forward to share my joy with you all and hope to receive some insider hints from some of you.
This weekend I upgraded the cross overs in the Aerius - I have posted the tweak and the result on the Tweak thread.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regard
Rino

A bit of a late introduction; but welcome!

of wonderful LS - TDL Monitor Compact

TDL speakers are truly wonderful. I hope you still have them!! Those unique transmission lines were a sound to be heard. But the Aerius will amaze you. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
You mentioned that your CDP was modified with new op amps. Have you tried the op amps built with discrete components? I have no experience with them; have just read about them.

You mentioned that your CDP was modified with new op amps. Have you tried the op amps built with discrete components? I have no experience with them; have just read about them.

Sorry Bernard for my very late ansver. No sorry I have not made any experience with "op amps built with discrete components".
I do not know if I mentioned that I swapped the 24 legged "oversampling" IC with a NOS-Board (non oversampling board) build with descrete components and with a higher Quality clock integrated. I bought it from: http://www.net-audio.co.uk. It was well worth it, great Sound improvement.

Back