Thread: state by state members list !

Default state by state members list !

I am not sure if its been suggested or done. I didn't research this so if its been talked about I APOLOGIZE! I am sure it would take time and effort to do but having a state by state members list would be nice so members can search out fellow members whom may live close by to demo systems or just plain get to know each others. We used to have local MI get together s and I am trying to re unite the group.

Wouldn't it be nice if you wanted to hear a specific speaker you were interested in buying and you could look up members in your state and see if anyone was close enough to contact and ask to demo..

With the high pay rate as a administrator I would hope that it would be doable !

Martin Logan... Odyssey...Krell KSA 100s...Krell KRC3 Pre Amp...Krell Connect Media server/DAC
    My system here

ROFL!!! That's a good one, CAP

Last edited by TomDac; 10-26-2016 at 08:11 AM.
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!

I think people would want the choice to opt into something like this.

For example if there was a master list showing where Neoliths are located across the country, it could make them targets for theft.
    Mark
    JRiver Media Server 21 on Windows 10 -> (Async USB) -> OPPO 105D -> Emotiva XPA-2 gen 2 -> Martin Logan Ethos -> my ears

I really like this idea. I live in a small town so contact locally is probably zero. But as I travel within the state it certainly could be worked in. This summer I went to Niagara Falls and on the CA forum found someone by accident that had equipment of interest - Bricasti M28 amps. We set a time and spent like 4 hours listening, swapping stories and just enjoying each others company. We will probably reunite at 2017 Axpona. There are negatives to everything like RCHeliGUy mentioned but I think the upside would be far greater.
    Music Rm #503: CLX Art DC / 2-212's / Bricasti M12/28's / Aurender N10 / Nordost: O2 Loom / V2 Pwr Spk & Subs, QX4, QV2, QK1, QB8, Sort Fut, Lift & TC Kones, QKore 6, Earth Grd, Acoustical Panels Media Rm #504: 13A's Balsalt Blk /Descent i's / Vanquish / Focus / Parasound 3-A23 & 31 / 65" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM60 / Nordost V2/T2/H2 Pwr & IC, H2 HDMI & Net, QK1, QV2, QB8 & QX2 / Entreq SM / SBooster / Sony 4K Blu-ray

Quote Originally Posted by RCHeliGuy View Post

For example if there was a master list showing where Neoliths are located across the country, it could make them targets for theft.
    keep it 'macro' ........
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

Try the Facebook group - it allows more advanced searching.
    Marantz 8300 SACD / Squeezebox Touch --> Audiolab M-DAC --> Copland CTA-305 --> Classé CA-101 --> MartinLogan Vista / Behringer DEQ2496 --> Whise Profunder sub

Click here to see my system

A simple "opt in" solution is to just list all the states alphabetically in a sticky post, and folks can then "reply with a Quote" and add their name (+/- speaker owned) to the growing list. Only downside would be the repetitive copying/growth of the master list.

BTW, in the Florida West Coast area we have many ML owners in these two audio clubs...
    Suncoast Audiophile Society... http://www.meetup.com/Suncoast-Audiophile-Society/
    Sarasota Audiophile Society... http://www.meetup.com/SarasotaAudiophiles/
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.
    Click here to see my entire sytem. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

Quote Originally Posted by RCHeliGuy View Post
    I severely doubt that. Try nicking a pair of Neoliths. Not easy! Far easier more valuable targets around like cars.

In practise in this country where we do do a lot of house to house visits fed off forums, there is very little practical trouble. I know of precisely none. It is a lot easier here, though. It is a tiny country.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I severely doubt that. Try nicking a pair of Neoliths. Not easy! Far easier more valuable targets around like cars.

In practise in this country where we do do a lot of house to house visits fed off forums, there is very little practical trouble. I know of precisely none. It is a lot easier here, though. It is a tiny country.
    I consider myself to be pretty safe. Not only that but crime rates have been dropping for years.

I've just become very sensitized to information sharing.
    Mark
    JRiver Media Server 21 on Windows 10 -> (Async USB) -> OPPO 105D -> Emotiva XPA-2 gen 2 -> Martin Logan Ethos -> my ears

Its not information sharing but rather state members. Even if its just a state .. If each member chooses to list his county its still a huge geographical area.. It at lest would allow member to contact each other.. With today's fast crime easy turn over I HIGHLY doubt someone is gonna come for a pair of 800 lb speakers and try and pawn them off when a simple car or Grow house pays faster on the street !

If so many are in fear why do so many list their equipment HERE for the WORLD to see.. Do you think for one second that you are not locatable (is that a word)with IP address.. and simple research, If you are wanted ANYONE can find you.
    Martin Logan... Odyssey...Krell KSA 100s...Krell KRC3 Pre Amp...Krell Connect Media server/DAC
    My system here

Quote Originally Posted by C.A.P View Post
    Its not information sharing but rather state members. Even if its just a state .. If each member chooses to list his county its still a huge geographical area.. It at lest would allow member to contact each other.. With today's fast crime easy turn over I HIGHLY doubt someone is gonna come for a pair of 800 lb speakers and try and pawn them off when a simple car or Grow house pays faster on the street !

If so many are in fear why do so many list their equipment HERE for the WORLD to see.. Do you think for one second that you are not locatable (is that a word)with IP address.. and simple research, If you are wanted ANYONE can find you.
    Unfortunately I'm more aware of that than I would like to be.
    I had a customer who ran an information services company. I could pick an area on the map and find only the households that met very specific filters.
    Past that we leave a trail doing just about anything.
    Mark