Hello

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mldoc

Reaction score
Hi --

I am a new member with old speakers building a new theatre system.

I plan on using a pair of Script i's for front left and right with a Theatre i center and a pair of Helos 10's in rear.
In the mix are two subs, a Sunfire and M&K, and Definitive Technology for sides.
Sounds crazy - hope it comes together!

Any advice welcome!!!

Hi --

I am a new member with old speakers building a new theatre system.

I plan on using a pair of Script i's for front left and right with a Theatre i center and a pair of Helos 10's in rear.
In the mix are two subs, a Sunfire and M&K, and Definitive Technology for sides.
Sounds crazy - hope it comes together!

Any advice welcome!!!

Welcome to MLO forum.

Please do tell us about the rest of your home theatre system.

What amplifiers using to drive 7.2 loudspeaker system?

Please do let us know the upper ceiling of budget earmarked for upgrade or purchase of audio system components?

Last edited by a moderator:
New owner of a pair of ML Aerious

Hi everybody,

Since app. 40 years I have been into HiFi, the last 30 years into sensible high end tube amplified HiFi.
My aim is to get the best possible sound without spending an arm and a leg :music:
Please let me introduce my system:

CD Player: Modified Arcam Alpha+ The player was modified with new OP-Amps, new caps and a discrete NOS-Board with a high quality clock app. one year ago. It is connected to the pre-amp via pure silver Audio Note chinch cables.

Analog record payer: System Dec IIS with a Helios Aurum tone arm and a Audioquest MC system. The audioquest system is a low output MC version and connected to the preamp with a passive pure silver step-up trafo from Audio Innovations (now Audio Note UK).

Pre amp: Edison One tube pre amp (designed by Audio Innovations). CD input is passive = ony component in the signal path is the potentiometer which is swapped with a step ladder attenuator build with Dale resistors. All coupling caps are Wonder Caps. Interconnects between pre and power amp is OFC Audio Note chinch cables.

Power Amp(s): 2 x Audio Innovations S800 stereo amps in bi-amping. The S800 power amp is a push-pull amp with EL34 tubes in pure Class A. Within the last year I changed all components in the power supply and in the signal path.

Until a few weeks ago I had a pair of wonderful LS - TDL Monitor Compact which I also upgraded with complete new cross overs (Mundorf components).
I have always been dreaming of hooking my tube amps up with a pair of ESLs. I realised this dream some weeks ago and I am sooo happy I took this step. My new second hand Aerius are just wonderful and I am looking forward to share my joy with you all and hope to receive some insider hints from some of you.
This weekend I upgraded the cross overs in the Aerius - I have posted the tweak and the result on the Tweak thread.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regard
Rino:bowdown:

Latest posts

Back