Back Home

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magoo

Reaction score
My ML journey began a long time back, with initially a pair of Mosaic's, followed by a pair of Vantage's.....Which I enjoyed for several years before eventually deciding they were too big for my UK room, and moving on. A pair of rather excellent Harbeth P3ESR's took their place (I've never been one to do things by halves!), and for a good while I was a happy camper, until some Harbeth M30.1's came up on a UK forum at a good price. They gave the bass weight back the the P3's missed, but in my room at least it went too far, sounding bass heavy and a bit slow. Back to the P3's again, but the time with the M30's had shown up what the little boxes lacked. On the other hand, the lightness of foot of the P3's, the delicacy & the imaging quality would all be hard to give up..........So you start thinking, something with all that, and a bass performance that would add to the P3's without descending into soporific territory. you know where this is going right :)

I recently bought a Lyngdorf TDAI-2170, which has opened up a whole new horizon of room corrected sound, imaging is precise whichever speakers I've tried, and adding a subwoofer has given the Harbeths a new dimesion, but it's also hinted at what else could work in this room now.

So when an ex dem pair of Electromotion ESL's were spotted, it wasn't the hardest decision in the world to jump on them, delivery by Weds I hope, and I'm looking forward to rejoining the ML family ...... good to see a lot of familiar names still here :) Photos to follow!

Matt

Last edited:
Good to hear Matt ............welcome back !

Good to hear Matt ............welcome back !

In other news I got a call from the dealer today, apparently the ex dem pair actually sold a while ago, and my heart sank.....This dealer gets the gold adward though, they're sorting me out a brand new pair, and at the price I payed!! I'm amazed, I'm sure there must be some small print they could have wriggled out of the deal, but they now have my utmost respect. I thought I was getting some fine speakers at a great price, but to get your faith in humanity a little restored is an unexpected bonus :)

Only downside is a slight delay.....

Back