Vanquish for surround duty

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm asking because I bought a new home a year ago and I cannot make Scripts or EFX's work in my new space. Before I spend the money and cut 14" holes in my ceiling, I would like some opinions of their performance..

Thanks, in advance!

Dan

Hola. You can do that with no problem. They will blend nicely,

You can use the Vanquish for center too. Because you have to aim them, you can use your walls as mirrors to reflect the sound or direct to your golden position. Bose use the reflection sound with great results...I am not saying that they are at the level of ML sound, no. But, you can get the benefit of this feature or not.

My 2 cents.

Happy listening!

I use vanquish in ceiling for my Doly Atmos configuration I also use edge and axis in the system. My personal preference is the edge in wall as the subs handle frequencies below 80 Hz thus the additional bass response in the vanquish is not needed. These are all timber matched with the panels and blend quite well.

GaryG

Thank you for the replies, they are much appreciated. I am looking at the Vanquish for a straight 5.1 setup... however, in 6 more months I would have been asking about the Edge for for rear surrounds to get back to the 7.1 setup that I had with my dedicated theater room and the 4 Script i's.. so I would have Vanquish/Edge combo for surround duty..

Dan

Back