Summit X legs compatible with Renaissance, Expression, and Impression!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
FYI, for anybody upgrading from the Summit X to the Renaissance, Expression, or Impression, you can use the Summit X legs with those models to better adjust the rake angle.

I had purchased Summit X legs a few years ago directly from ML (for my legacy Summits). I don't know if they still sell them, but worth inquiring if interested. I'm using the 3° configuration with my Expressions, which raises the speaker ~2", and further improves the midrange and highs. It also softens the front LED light reflection. I presume ARC will correct any slight variation in the bass response, if any.

In the pic below, the left speaker has the default legs (5° rake), and the right speaker Summit X legs (3° rake).

I also tried some other permutations, including tallest option (also 5°), and the 1° option, but those destroyed the Feng Shui/WAF. :D

SummitXLegs.jpg

Last edited:
FYI, for anybody upgrading from the Summit X to the Renaissance, Expression, or Impression, you can use the Summit X legs with those models to better adjust the rake angle.

I had purchased Summit X legs a few years ago directly from ML (for my legacy Summits). I don't know if they still sell them, but worth inquiring if interested. I'm using the 3° configuration with my Expressions, which raises the speaker ~2", and further improves the midrange and highs. It also softens the front LED light reflection. I presume ARC will correct any slight variation in the bass response, if any.

In the pic below, the left speaker has the default legs (5° rake), and the right speaker Summit X legs (3° rake).

I also tried some other permutations, including tallest option (also 5°), and the 1° option, but those destroyed the Feng Shui/WAF. :D

View attachment 18725

Looking good Alan!! Glad to know that trick. Just listened to the Expression...

Bumping this old thread.

After upgrading to a 77" TV, I had to move my Expressions a bit further apart. At the same time we also replaced the heavy wool area rug with a thinner polyester/wool blend. Both of those changes resulted in the upper mids and highs becoming a bit too bright (?? TV screen and floor reflections). Playing around with toe-in helped, but, ultimately, reverting back to a 5° backward rake was the best solution. Using the 5° Summit X leg configuration (instead of the Expressions factory footers) also raised the stat panel another 2" higher, which further improved the soundstage.

I love the modular flexibility of the Summit X legs, and hope that ML will again offer that option in future models (even if only as an after-market accessory).

Back