What's up with these NFL players disrespecting our National Anthem??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How could race relations over the past 8 years have improved, if the narrative that is constantly being driven is one of division?

I'm sure the efforts of the "tea party" and Donald Trump to de-legitimize our first black president by questioning his citizenship and religious affiliation had nothing to do with that.

Is it really that big of a stretch to understand how electing our first black president would embolden racists on both sides? Just wait and see. If Hillary gets elected, I guarantee the mysogynists will come out of the woodwork. Then the feminists will retaliate. And so it goes. . .

I said it wasn't all his fault, only that he hasn't helped. When Al Sharpton is the one you are seeking for advice when it comes to racial relations, you are not serious about bringing the races together.

Kevin,

What evidence / facts do you have to prove that Sharpton is Obama's "go to" person for advice for race relations?

I assume it is quite compelling given your assertion that he is the "Number One" individual that our President consults with on this issue.

Best,

Gordon

I am a news junkie Gordon, so I have read plenty of articles over the years about Al Sharpton's relationship with Obama and the White House. I found this article in the Washing Post saying, "With Ferguson, Missouri on edge awaiting a grand jury ruling on the shooting of an unarmed black man, Sharpton will assume his role as protestor-in-chief in the coming days. In Washington, he has a direct line to President Obama's top advisors, most recently weighing in on Loretta Lynch as Obama's pick for Attorney General." https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/11/19/the-nine-lives-of-al-sharpton/

Al Sharpton himself said, "We are engaged in immediate conversations with the White House on deliberations over a successor whom we hope will continue in the general direction of Attorney General Holder." Does the president let just anyone have discussions over who should be the next Attorney General?

Politico, actually ran a story called, "How Al Sharpton became Obama’s go-to man on race." http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/08/al-sharpton-obama-race-110249

His visits to the White House are quite frequent and well documented. I hope you would agree that Al Sharpton is a very polarizing figure in the country, especially concerning racial matters. Even having just one meeting with him, is one too many. Has the man even apologized to all the people he has wrongly accused in public or has had a role in killing by agitating people? The Duke non-rapist? The policeman that shot Michael Brown? The people killed at Freddie's Fashion Mart? That's only a partial list. Is this really who you would have come into the White House to advise you on 'anything'?? Of course, if you were a community organizer I guess it would all make sense.

I'm sure the efforts of the "tea party" and Donald Trump to de-legitimize our first black president by questioning his citizenship and religious affiliation had nothing to do with that.

Is it really that big of a stretch to understand how electing our first black president would embolden racists on both sides? Just wait and see. If Hillary gets elected, I guarantee the mysogynists will come out of the woodwork. Then the feminists will retaliate. And so it goes. . .

We're still waiting for the 'first black' president Rich, my sources tell me he's half white .......................

And yet, you don't seem to be discusted at all by a white cop that would shoot a man in cold blood, a man who had committed no crime and had his hands up, apparently solely based on the color of his skin and her inherent fear of him. You even go so far as to almost justify it based on the protests that are occurring. You're rhetoric in this thread is over the top and beginning to show serious racist overtones. I suggest you dial it back a notch.

It is interesting that you yourself identify as a member of a minority group that has been violently persecuted and has had to fight hard and protest for the right to be accepted in society. The irony of your position on this issue is palpable.

Hello Rich, I feel I was not understood properly...when I said I was disgusted with 'These' people...I meant those protesting, which as any of us with eyes can see were from all races, most being peaceful. Then you have the handful of idiots, some white and most black, taking advantage of a situation. Destroying property, assaulting police and fellow protesters, Grrrrrr!

I don't give a crap if he had his hands up or not, he DID NOT follow the officers orders, walked back to his vehicle, against orders...he did something that upset her, it could have been a crazy look in his eye at her...not all threats are verbal my friend. And in the NC case, that man had a gun!! His wife saying over and over on her own recording "Keith, don't do it", "Keith get out of the car, Don't do it Keith". Is that what someone says to a man holding a book?? Com'on Rich, you are an attorney for crying out loud!!

Whether you like it or not, when a officer tells you to do something, you do it and say Yes Sir, or Yes Ma'am!! Especially the way things are now.

And Rich, regarding you last sentence, the LGBTQ community has done wonders to excel itself and it's beliefs in equal rights in a non violent way, in spite of the violence they have endured. I am deeply offended by your comment and, suggest you take it down a notch as well.

I believe in equal rights, not special rights. All lives matter, Period!! Until all members of society start acting like members of said society...well...that's why we have police right?

And again, these NFL players are waaaaay outta line, disrespect from role models fuels disrespect, Period! I expect more trouble from all sides. Respectfully, Craig

Craig, what concerns me to no end is the stinking media and all their sensational journalism which IMO has gotten way out of hand on most fronts.

Latest posts

Back