L.F. driver replacement for original Sequel?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube60

Reaction score
Greetings!
Hopefully I'll be getting my Sequels out of storage soon. Miss them. I'm planning on a long overdue panel replacement, but I'm wondering if anybody knows of a good replacement L.F. driver? I don't know the specs on the original drivers. The rubber surrounds separated from the cones years ago, but I reglued them and they've been fine so far, but I know time is catching up with them. I'd like to make new cabinets too, as I can't stand the original Nextel coating, and I'd like to take advantage of better materials.
Thanks in advance!

I had the original Sequels and replaced the woofers about 7 years ago from ML, I would think they still have them. I would call and ask the service department, I would not use another companies 10' driver to replace what you have now, ask what they would do!

I can't offer any help about the cabinets, maybe some nice veneer from a local woodshop? What about some cool automotive paint? With some flames and pin striping??

I had the original Sequels and replaced the woofers about 7 years ago from ML
I'll check with them for sure. I assumed they'd be unavailable. Thanks! As for cabinets, marine grade Baltic birch ply, and I'd update the styling. I never did like the 'flying buttress' design, even though that's an iconic style for the earlier generations of MLs. Sorry, no flames..... :haha1:

Back