ML Summits noise.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jemplayer

Reaction score
For all you other summit owners. I have been meaning to asking this for some time.

I have had the speakers for a few years now.

I notice that when the speakers are in standby mode there is still a very slight low frequency "white noise" hiss for lack of a better description, coming from the base drivers on both speakers.

Due to this I often just unplug them, when not in use.

Seems odd that they would not switch of completely!

Anyone experience this?

Summit noise

JemPlayer: My summits bass drivers make a very low hissing noise also but u have to have your ear right next to bass driver to hear it. I am assuming it's the amps that drive them! i never had any concern about it! How loud is your hissing noise and are both speakers the same? As long as the stat panel is off should be ok! Contected Martin Logan they will have your answer!

JemPlayer: My summits bass drivers make a very low hissing noise also but u have to have your ear right next to bass driver to hear it. I am assuming it's the amps that drive them! i never had any concern about it! How loud is your hissing noise and are both speakers the same? As long as the stat panel is off should be ok! Contected Martin Logan they will have your answer!

Thank you for that. Mine is the same, need to put your hear to the driver to hear it, occasionally when its dead quite you can hear them hiss slightly.

Still, seems odd that driver is engaged 24/7/365, seems this would cause premature wear on amps and drivers alike!

Hola Chicos...well, mine has a little noise, but I have to put my ear very close to the woofer. Its a normal operating hum, coming from the digital power supply of the amplifiers. If you have another kind of noise, what you have to do is, play a song, then turn off the amplifier. Then right away, disconnect the speaker cables at the Summits. Leave the power cord attached to the Summits. Having on the blue color LED at their back, is telling that the shut-off protection has not being activated yet, and all the speaker is on. Listen for the noise. If you still have the noise, use your phone recorder and do some recording of that noise. Send it to Martin Logan service dept. If the noise is not present, then the culprit usually is the discharging capacitors of the power supply of the amplifier. Not a problem.

Happy listening!
Roberto.

For all you other summit owners

the noise in summits is not normal .
i have the same problem and looking for repair i am going too open the rear panel at the moment

Back