Looking at first ML purchase

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landonsdad

Reaction score
The MT50 is on my short list of new centers. My mains are 20+ years old and I was using a Polk $200 center that did not hold up with my mains. The other center is the B&W Centre CM2 S2. I realize I am comparing a $800 center to a $1400 center, but I am able to get them for the same price, since the BW is a customer return.

I also found a a pair of Motion 40's for a good price, but I am not sure they are better than my floor R&L's. The main reason I am going this direction is I need wall mounted speakers and like the Motion 4's.

I hope to get some serious answers, but I do realize this is comparable to asking questions about Ford on a Chevy forum.

I am not sold on the idea that all speakers have to be same brand and model line, but should match well. I have read and been told by a B&W rep, that calibrating a speaker makes them more equal.

Hello lone ranger from Texas, you have to realize that once you go ML, there is no returning. And eventually, all your speakers will be Martin Logans!!! So you are putting the ML foundation of your audio system. If you can afford to step up to a full electrostatic centre, it will be even better since down the road, it will match models such as Theos, Ethos, etc. perfectly.

Take the plunge and do not fear. All the members here have done so and not regretted it.

The MT50 is on my short list of new centers. My mains are 20+ years old and I was using a Polk $200 center that did not hold up with my mains. The other center is the B&W Centre CM2 S2. I realize I am comparing a $800 center to a $1400 center, but I am able to get them for the same price, since the BW is a customer return.

I also found a a pair of Motion 40's for a good price, but I am not sure they are better than my floor R&L's. The main reason I am going this direction is I need wall mounted speakers and like the Motion 4's.

I hope to get some serious answers, but I do realize this is comparable to asking questions about Ford on a Chevy forum.

I am not sold on the idea that all speakers have to be same brand and model line, but should match well. I have read and been told by a B&W rep, that calibrating a speaker makes them more equal.

Talk to Shawn at Da Vinci maybe you two can connect on a set of Montis.

Back