Possibly switching to ML

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landonsdad

Reaction score
My name is Rick and the MT50 is on my short list of new centers. My mains are 20+ years old and I was using a Polk $200 center that did not hold up with my mains. The other center is the B&W Centre CM2 S2. I realize I am comparing a $800 center to a $1400 center, but I am able to get them for the same price, since the BW is a customer return.

I also found a a pair of Motion 40's for a good price, but I am not sure they are better than my floor R&L's. The main reason I am going this direction is I need wall mounted speakers and like the Motion 4's.

I hope to get some serious answers, but I do realize this is comparable to asking questions about Ford on a Chevy forum.

I am not sold on the idea that all speakers have to be same brand and model line, but should match well. I have read and been told by a B&W rep, that calibrating a speaker makes them more equal.

Hey Rick - I recently upgraded my fronts to the Ethos line, but I have had Motions for quite some time. I love them. My whole setup was the Motion series a year ago. Martin Logan makes very, very good speakers. I love the subwoofers too

Thanks, I had almost forgotten this post. I have purchased the 50 XT. I figure the center is the most important speaker in a 5.1 or 5.1.4.

Can I mix other non XT motions with this center? My future plan is to get Motions 4's now for surrounds and then maybe 35XT or Motion 15 or 16 for fronts in a year or as at closeout pricing. Still trying to find difference there 15/16.

I would then have the main 5 Martin Logan speakers for theatre. My sub is a Def Tech Supercube I. Can I add an

I would then configure my large towers in this system for 2.0 or 2.1 music.

Latest posts

Back