Electrostatic in-ear monitor headphones - Shure KSE 1500

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I figured all of us electrostatic fans would interested in learning more about Shure newest in-ear monitors, the Electrostatic KSE 1500.

As the video review in this linked thread goes in to great detail, they are indeed world class and competitive with the best over the ear Electrostatic headsets of all time.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/785377/shu...e1500-sound-isolating-electrostatic-earphones

I'm getting a set next year when my Smyth Realiser A16 arrives. That way I'll have full 3D positional audio via headphones and can enjoy Atmos music and movies anywhere I want.

I was also thinking that MartinLogan should license this model and re-brand it as ML headphones targeting their ESL customers. Would any of you buy a $3,500 ML-branded electrostatic IEM?

On a product definition roll here, so one more idea:

License the KSE 1500, but also license the Smyth Realiser tech and create a family of ideal ESL rooms featuring the various ML ESL models.
The Smyth Realiser let's you model rooms, but can also model a speaker system in a room.

So one could therefore 'listen' to an ideally set up pair of CLX's or Neolith's in an ideal room.

Last edited:
I'm getting a set next year when my Smyth Realiser A16 arrives. That way I'll have full 3D positional audio via headphones and can enjoy Atmos music and movies anywhere I want.

Very cool, Jonathan. Although I've not heard the Realiser, a couple of buddies have and say it's the bee's knees.

I was also thinking that MartinLogan should license this model and re-brand it as ML headphones targeting their ESL customers. Would any of you buy a $3,500 ML-branded electrostatic IEM?

ML were (a time ago) considering buying Stax so I heard...

My AKG 340 electroDynamic phones were what made me a 'stat man many years ago, they sell for about $500 properly restored, I miss mine and will be getting a set of these Shure's if I get a pair! Woof!!!

I could never stand listening through headphones. I have a set of AKG K701's that sound pretty good, but I work from home and have my ML's one room over from my office and have near field monitors hanging on the wall in front of me.

Back