Summit back wave

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
My room is 11'4" wide by 23' deep by 8'h. And my summits are 56" from the front wall and 24" from the side wall and the back wave fires right into the corners do u feel this will create a problem? Should i dampen the corners? Any suggestions welcome, thanks

I have a bass trap in the corners with diffuser panels in front of it. Works very well to dampen and diffuse the rear wave. Highly suggest you try at least some well-made diffuser panels (e.g. GIK Acoustics or Realtraps). This will work perfectly for your situation and should add greater clarity, imaging, and soundstaging.

Rear wave

I have a bass trap in the corners with diffuser panels in front of it. Works very well to dampen and diffuse the rear wave. Highly suggest you try at least some well-made diffuser panels (e.g. GIK Acoustics or Realtraps). This will work perfectly for your situation and should add greater clarity, imaging, and soundstaging.

Can't use difuser's because of the electric 108" screen, how will bass traps help with the rear wave of my summits?

Can't use difuser's because of the electric 108" screen, how will bass traps help with the rear wave of my summits?

Bass traps are absorbers and will help reduce the intensity of the rear wave. But if you don't have space for diffusers, I don't expect you have room for absorption. The panels are the same dimension.

Hello i am rather unfamiliar with absorbers, but.
To make a long story short, when i removed my vertical shades (plastic 4 inch wide) the bass of my ML sequal 1 sounded completely different, actually more muddy.
The vertical shades (which were always were open to the sides and just behind the ML's) did absorb the lows.
I never really tested it, but according the mass and the length (about 100 inch) i think they absorbed arround 120hz but also 60hz.
Those plastic shades are cheap and takes not a lot of place, maybe experiment a bit.

Back