Summit positioning?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
I know that m/l recommends to use the inner third of the panel for setup, has anyone tried using the center portion of the panel, if so what did u think of the sound? Thanks

Lack of solid center imaging. Closed in. Compromise stage width and dimensionality.

I've done that, and it was certainly acceptable in my room. A lot depends on overall room acoustics and distance between speakers. Currently, my Summits are set up ("flashlight method") with the reflection midway between center and outer 3rd of the panel. Easy enough to experiment with your room and see what sounds best. SummitFlashlight.jpg

I like to use a combo of center image and tonality. My vistas have an emphasis on the highs, in my room anyway, and so I toe in only to the point where the center image or vocal becomes realistic in size.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have one recording that I've always used, regardless of the speaker...Pink Floyd's ~ "Wish you were here", Title track. David Gilmour should sound like he is on a 3 foot stool, dead center. You should hear his fret work on the left side move from the left back to almost center like a real guitar.

I'm not a musician but, I've heard enough live acoustic guitar to know what it should sound like. You can get the remastered 2011 Parlophone CD dirt cheap on-line, it's a stunner on the Summits.

You should also pay attention to the footers, the tilt of the panel is very room dependent, it's not like the Italians style of driving as they rip off the rear view mirror..."What is behind me is Not important", HeHe!

Back