ML Sequel Speakers - Minor Repair

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricDav

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just added a pair of ML Sequel Speakers to my audio system. They are in great shape, with one minor repair issue to deal with.

Please take a look at the following area (the problem area is in the lower image):

Split Screen Comparison.jpg

How should I go about repairing this section of my speaker that lies between the ESL Transducer and the woofer. I included the top image only for comparison. Is this simply a "tape it off and spray it" repair, or would it be a more complicated operation (for some unknown reason)?

Here's a pic of the overall system:

Both Speakers.jpg

Thanks everyone! My speakers sound wonderful!

-Eric Davis

Welcome Eric. It looks like the bottom perforated panel over the woofer has just slid down. Either that or the stat panel has raised up, which is not likely. Feel under the lower panel to see if it is flush with the cabinet bottom. If it is lower, you should be able to move it back up where it belongs.
You may need to screw a small flat piece of material to the bottom of the cabinet sticking out just far enough forward to let the perf panel rest on it.
Does that make sense?

If you don't feel either panel has moved then I would say mask and spray very carefully or a small artists brush stuck between the panels.

Right on Eric! Welcome to the forums, and btw, love that super fine Marantz 2270 in the wood case, I hope you use it as a pre-amp? That is how I ran my Sequels, That lovely 2270 was not made for the loads a Sequel ask for at normal to high listening levels.

I wish I never had sold mine, that wonderful 3 martini sound had it's place late at night with the right music, warm, wrap it's loving arms around you...<3

Is that a Thorens TT? :D, you rock sir!!

Back