Retired!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Today is my first official day of retirement!!!

Been having work dreams most of the weekend.... Hope that doesn't happen often. Gonna take some time off doing NOTHING before I decide what to do... Kerry is still working, of course and he is totally jealous! ha. Love it!

Happy Listening, everyone.

Congratulations Tom. Good luck with the doing NOTHING, most people I know that are highly motivated can't do nothing. I am about 99% retired now and seem to have more to do than previously.
Enjoy your new found time with Kerry.
Maybe dinner on the table when he gets home, meet him at the door with his pipe, slippers and an adult beverage. :)

In the past week... I have been trying to figure out how to do this....But, it is because I am not enjoying what I do like I used to.... So, there are options.... My issue is the whole health care thing... not that I have health issues... just paying for it..... Tom - what did you do with health care - if you don't mind me asking? No worries if it is too personal... Thanks Tim.

Congratulations!

After working three weeks with 80+ hours/week I'm very happy for you and a bit jealous :cool:

Congratulations!

I'm not sure that I will ever completely retire, but I will take longer and longer breaks and reduce my hours per week over time.

Congratulations, Tom! Retirement is awesome! People always ask me what I do with my time and how I keep from getting bored. I'm like, you know all that stuff you do evenings and weekends and when you're on vacation? Yeah, that's what I do every day. Enjoy!

Congrats Big Guy ! keep healthy and keep busy !

Congrats Tom! Many of us are living vicariously through you (except for swapping out ML's for KEF's <g>).

Alan

Very cool Tom.... Up until recently, I actually liked my job.... well it seems to have been in a downward spiral for some time now as far as the 'fun factor' goes.... There was a day when I would not think of retirement..... and right now... I could chuck it all and eat raman noodles.... That seems to be the case for many it seems...

Thought I might bump this thread considering it is Sunday night. So Tom. What are you doing tomorrow?? :)

Back