Are we seeing the

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
beginning of a civil war nationally and internationally?

Having been present at the 68 riots in Detroit, I have great fear that we are about to have a repeat of that tragic, violent summer in this country.

Not going to assign blame (way too complex to identify to one thing IMHO) but its seems we have the "perfect storm" given the rash of fatal encounters between the police and the public over the past two years and crazy people who have access to military style firearms and want some type of retribution for those encounters.

Unfortunately, the world has become a crazy, fuc...ng place where no one appears to be safe anymore.

Gordon

Agreed Gordon, we are living in some very strange times .........

Actually, in general people in the US are safer today than they have been in a long time. Firearm homicides are at levels not seen in fifty years, and violent crime in general is down to levels not seen since the early seventies. The 24/7 media circus and "if it bleeds, it leads" style of news coverage make it seem worse than it is. There are tensions and hot spots, but that has always been true. We are nowhere near the levels of division that would result in civil war.

Comforting, sort of. And yes, the media is one of the players.

I think this pot has been boiling for two years now and frankly, I'm surprised that the lid hasn't come off yet.

Latest posts

Back