ML Neolith - what a beast!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine them with a set of Dan D Agostino's Reference Mono blocks .. I heard many big Mac amplifiers when demoing the CLX and found them blahhh , you could survive but you would not get fat on them ! Problem is there are limited 1000 watt amps that are available ! You are not driving these with a SET or a 50 watt SS. Then again you dont put Sears tires on a Bugatti!

Joey V... Glad to see you still have the Hi-Fi bug... IIRC you went MIA while in Med School...is that correct?

I'm selling my Prodigy because I am moving to a new (smaller) house. Keeping the rest for now. Man I love the Neolith, but if I don't have room for Prodigy I certainly don't have room for those beasts!

All the best to you my friend!
James

Hey James,

Good to see you around my friend!

Yes, I went MIA after med school and well into residency, took a hiatus. Went back into audio - but no ML for now for some reason. I wanted to give the Expressions and Rennaisance a try... but have not been able to get a good demo yet.

Right now, my system is:

Emm Labs Dac2x with Emm Labs TSDX transport into Cary SLP-05 Preamp into Boulder 2060 amplifier through Audioquest WEL Signature speaker wire into BW 802D3 speakers.

I also have a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica 3 speakers in teh family room but it is pending the electronics.

i still have 1 room to outfit with a system, so I'm not sure if I go Wilson or ML with that one.

I just heard the new Yvette driven by D'Agostino monos and was highly impressed.. Its a smaller three way that is the first speaker totally designed by David Wilson's son.

I just heard the new Yvette driven by D'Agostino monos and was highly impressed.. Its a smaller three way that is the first speaker totally designed by David Wilson's son.

Ah, the sophia 3 replacement.

I have watched the videos, I would definitely be open to owning that or the Sabrina.

Sabrina can be had for < 10K used... I think that would give a chunk of the Yvette without the bill.

Were you at Paragon? That's about 2 miles from me.

It blows the Sophia away.. Its quite amazing for a three way ... I know this, I could live with them..

Ah, the sophia 3 replacement.

I have watched the videos, I would definitely be open to owning that or the Sabrina.

Sabrina can be had for < 10K used... I think that would give a chunk of the Yvette without the bill.

I saw a remaining Summit X new in box for $7999 and I thought about it briefly, but today my wife and I ordered some new furniture for two rooms to go with the new hardwood flooring we just had installed. Next week we are having some Marble cut to surround our fireplace. I could have purchased a pair of Neoliths instead, but having a happy wife has benefits that a pair of Neoliths as good as they are could never bring me.

Were you at Paragon? That's about 2 miles from me.

Yes I was and it was nice !

I saw a remaining Summit X new in box for $7999 and I thought about it briefly, but today my wife and I ordered some new furniture for two rooms to go with the new hardwood flooring we just had installed. Next week we are having some Marble cut to surround our fireplace. I could have purchased a pair of Neoliths instead, but having a happy wife has benefits that a pair of Neoliths as good as they are could never bring me.

Are you using GOLD leafed Marble as I can buy one hell of a lot of marble for $80k ...

The problem is, the Neoliths will bring you joy long after your wife has forgotten about some little slab of marble.

The problem is, the Neoliths will bring you joy long after your wife has forgotten about some little slab of marble.

Sorry, if the impression I gave was that the marble alone would cover the cost of a pair of Neoliths.

The reality is that my home isn't large enough for speakers like that, and if you added up the flooring, having my stairway redone, the marble and furniture we just ordered all combined it would reach the cost of a pair of Neoliths.

If my home were such that I would spend that much on just marble for a fireplace than I would probably already have a pair :)

Back