Custom Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jon and Vangelis - The Best of Jon and Vangelis

I bought the LP version of this recently and it's also a truly great record. It's interesting to listen to the same album on CD and then LP, same "music", very different experience!
    My Home Theater (including full equipment list, pictures, and room build gallery): Home Theater web page

Thanks Mr. TomDac for recommending this very good recording. I have placed an Amazon internet purchase order for The best of Jon and Vangelis. I look forward to listening to this album. The 80's were my favorite music decade.
    Last edited by RAH; 05-05-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSPHOTO View Post
    I played my version from Best of yesterday and it is also 11:50 in length. Again, if you like Jon Anderson's vocals combined with more new age type music check out these two discs below.
    I listened to Kitaro's Dream album as you suggested. It was a very pleasant listening experience. The highlights for me were the 3 tracks that Jon Anderson lends his vocal to. My favorite was the last track "Island of Life." Audio quality was 4/5 in my opinion.
    My Home Theater (including full equipment list, pictures, and room build gallery): Home Theater web page

Quote Originally Posted by invenio View Post
    I listened to Kitaro's Dream album as you suggested. It was a very pleasant listening experience. The highlights for me were the 3 tracks that Jon Anderson lends his vocal to. My favorite was the last track "Island of Life." Audio quality was 4/5 in my opinion.
    Glad you liked and would agree with your assessment that the JA tracks were the highlights of the album.

Mr. TomDac i finally after a long waiting period listened to Best of Jon and Vangelis.
    I was not at all disappointed. The music is excellent. Like they say in the West for wine
    that it is a good or very good year. Similarly i say 1984 was a very good year for music since
    many outstanding albums were created in this year. Though my CD is not a digitally
    re-mastered edition if such a edition exists. For a AAD recording made in 1984 the
    dynamics are good. On my system I have to turn up the volume to enjoy completely
    the excellent music. The quality of the recording is very good, just slightly less
    dynamic than most recent CD's in the market place.
    Once again, thanks Mr. TomDac for a very enjoyable album.
    Last edited by RAH; 06-09-2012 at 05:32 PM.