New Old Owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjathon

Reaction score
Greetings,

My wife and I just retired to sunny FL. While preparing for the move I found our long forgotten ML Aerius speakers that I bought my wife for Chrisrmas in 1995. A friend took me to a high end audio store to hear them and they were amazing. Christmas day we hooked them up and they didn't sound good at all. I later found out that they were hooked up to $$$ stuff at the store and they told me that we would have to spend thousands in order to use them so they were never used.

If I hadn't found them first my wife probably would have Goodwilled them. Our grown kids came home to take whatever they wanted as we were downsizing and no one was interested in them. I did a little research which eventually led me to Peachtree and Martin Logan. We ended up buying the new Peachtree Nova 150 two channel receiver that is optimized for use with iPad or other iDevices. By using an iPad to stream music you avoid the expense of media and players.

The system is amazing and my wife is thrilled. After 20 years she finally gets to relive the magic that I experienced in that audio store every day. She can't get over how clean and detailed the sound is. Amazingly they sound great when you are facing them or when you are facing away from them.

What is so sweet is that we are not "audiophiles" and will not need to do any more research or further shopping. We should be set for many years.

It is wonderful to find out that those speakers that have been a white elephant for so long are now my wife's pride and joy.

Good job Martin Logan and Peachtree!

welcome and good to hear of a re-discovered love !

Back