Reciever recommendations

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry9800

Reaction score
Hello ML owners,

I am a big newb when it comes to home theater. I just bought the ML motif center (not motif x), klipsch 400w subwoofer ( R-12SW), and planning to buy the the ML electromotion 8" floor standing speakers. Also, I have 2 in ceiling speakers from klipsch (R-1650-C) for my patio, those speakers are 8ohm impedance and 140w. I would like to have 2 zones. For now, i'm just doing a 3.1 sound setup but will add 2 rear speakers later.

What receiver would work with these speakers? I would like to keep it as budget as possible, under $2000 closer to the $1000 range if possible. I'm also wanting the receiver to have a wifi capability so that i can sync music via wireless or through bluetooth, and also have pandora access or any other online services.

I would appreciate any input. Thanks guys!

I prefer Denon AVRs. I think the Electromotions you are looking at are rated at 4 ohms. The higher-end Denon receivers are rated for a 4 ohm load, and that is what I recommend getting.

Onkyo, Pioneer, and Yamaha also make good AVRs but I have no experience with those.

I prefer Denon AVRs. I think the Electromotions you are looking at are rated at 4 ohms. The higher-end Denon receivers are rated for a 4 ohm load, and that is what I recommend getting.

Onkyo, Pioneer, and Yamaha also make good AVRs but I have no experience with those.

I have two Yamaha AVR's. My current is a Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay.

Both have worked flawlessly. The current Yamaha model has all the features you listed and supports Atmos at $599

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BY7YUKI

That said I've also had good personal experiences with products from both Denon (a CD player) and Onkyo (an Integrated Amp) and wouldn't try to turn you away from either brand.

Last edited:
Conclusion:

Please if possible listen to receivers from all the above companies (Denon, Pioneer, Yamaha and Anthem) and then let your ears pick the right one for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would a denon x3200 suffice for these speakers?

That model is rated at 105W/channel into 8 ohms. For the Electromotion ESLs something closer to 200W would be ideal.

But that model checks all the boxes you wanted, and it's within your budget and any more power would increase your cost.

Back