New greetings from Melbourne

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KostasP.

Reaction score
Hello from Melbourne,

I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my brand new CLXs and hopefully this will eventuate over the next two weeks. Even though I have extensive experience with panel speakers, I would like, at his early stage, to know whether they (like my QUADs) benefit from leaving them powered on for a few hours before playing any music, especially after being brand new. There seems to be no emphatic answer to this issue in the ML manual, other than the speakers cutting off, after five minutes of no signal.

By the way, feel free to offer any other quintessential empirical knowledge, pertinent to maximising the potential of the CLXs.

Thanking you in advance, Kostas.

HI there, and welcome from the Gold Coast.

Always great to have another Aussie member.

As for the power - the speakers certainly cut out after a time of no signal. When the upstream components are left on, I notice no difference from when the speakers are immediately powered up, or if they have been on for some time. No difference at all. ML said some time ago that the bias voltage reaches equilibrium within a few seconds. There is nothing further that leaving them powerd for longer can do.

Enjoy your new CLXes.

Thank you amey01 for your welcome. Since there is no perceived benefit, do you switch them on and off, according to need? Cheers.

Thank you amey01 for your welcome. Since there is no perceived benefit, do you switch them on and off, according to need? Cheers.

There is no need to do that - they'll switch themselves on and off according to need.

That said, I have young kids, so don't get to listen as often as I used to. I switch everything off at the wall for sometimes weeks on end these days :) But I leave everything on if I think I'll be listening in the next few days.

Welcome from one resident of cricket playing \ loving nation to another resident of cricket playing \ loving nation, that is, Australia.

BTW the CLX are great loudspeakers in my opinion. You made a excellent decision to buy them even if the price is steep or on the expensive side.

Have great fun listening to music!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the fold ! Winter weather set in yet ? enjoy your new Logans !

Thank you twich54, for the welcome. Winter has indeed set in but it is the weather within us that is more important. Spring and autumn are my "inner" seasons!

PS: I just received news that the CLXes have landed! Cheers.

Back