The Positive Hillary/Donald Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What poll has been conducted and released following the conclusion of the GOP convention?

Ipsos/Reuters

My bad that is the trend, but it didn't include the last day of the convention, so we need to wait a few more days to see the official after it is all over numbers.

I'm not sure how much faith I place in polls anyways. Hillary could be way ahead. I don't think Trump could be way ahead, but he could certainly be doing better than polls suggest. Polls rely on past voting behavior in an effort to poll so many democrats, so many republicans and so many independents. Trump might be difficult to poll, because he 'may' bring out people to vote that have never voted in the past, and so the sampling currently being done may be off because it's relying on past voter behavior.

People in general, but especially those who remain undecided, are very fickle. It doesn't take much to change their minds. If I recall, Romney was either a couple of points ahead or at least tied with Obama in the final weeks prior to the 2012 election. A large east coast Hurricane may have been all it took to flip things a couple of points in Obama's favor.

Most of the projections I read for Obama were right on the money and they nailed which states would go which way very accurately.

It was the conservative in the bubble predictions that said Romney would win by a landslide.

Most of the projections I read for Obama were right on the money and they nailed which states would go which way very accurately.

It was the conservative in the bubble predictions that said Romney would win by a landslide.

I laughed my ass off when the FOX "News" team wouldn't accept that Romney lost.

Karl Rove's finest moment.

I loved it when KR asked those in charge of predictions for Fox (after the drama of going through numerous hallways shown on live TV to arrive at "the room") what their degree of certainty was. If I recall correctly, they said 99%. :rocker:

As they say in the commercial, "priceless".

While Trump did lose big with the Latinos after the RNC, it appears that he did see a bump after all. It's not as big as the one Romney got, but still a bump. With the DNC Hillary should also see a bump. I will be very curious to see how that goes and how it is picked apart.

I hate to say it but it may actually come down to the presidential debates and how they are moderated.

If Trump can't motivate himself to prepare for these debates Hillary could shred him and make him look like an idiot. However Trump is a much better showman and it appears a lot of people don't care if he talks like an idiot. So Trump may grand stand and look powerful next to Hillary.

I think the first presidential debate will set the tone for the election.

I laughed my ass off when the FOX "News" team wouldn't accept that Romney lost.

Yes, that was funny. Reminded me of the meltdown at MSNBC during the 2014 midterm elections. When Al Sharpton said the republicans were winning some seats, but it wouldn't be a wave election. An hour later, after the republicans won the governorship in Illinois, Chris Matthews lost the thrill up his leg for Obama, and finally admitted the guy wasn't willing to work with the republicans. Good times.

Yes, that was funny. Reminded me of the meltdown at MSNBC during the 2014 midterm elections. When Al Sharpton said the republicans were winning some seats, but it wouldn't be a wave election. An hour later, after the republicans won the governorship in Illinois, Chris Matthews lost the thrill up his leg for Obama, and finally admitted the guy wasn't willing to work with the republicans. Good times.

Yeah, it's hard for both sides to admit defeat.

I watched his speech last night, and don't recall him saying anything I took as offensive to Great Britain, but I was also fiddling with my guitar so I thought I might have missed something. I guess this is the part of the speech you are referencing.

"America is more than just a land mass between two oceans, America is an ideal. A simple, yet powerful ideal. Freedom matters. For much of human history government power has been the unavoidable constant in life. Government decrees and the people obey, but not here. We have no king or queen, we have no dictator, we the people constrain government. Our nation is exceptional because it was built on the five most beautiful and powerful words in the English language, “I want to be free.” ".

I am not that big of a fan of Ted Cruz in general, so I have no reason to defend him, but I think you are misinterpreting what he was saying. I took it to mean pretty much that here in the US, government serves and works for the citizens, not the other way around. He wasn't referencing Britain specifically with his use of "King and Queen", just as he wasn't singling out any country with the term dictator, he was using those terms broadly to describe any government that gives power to the leaders at the expense of the people. This makes the argument for a smaller, not larger government. The only time he really referenced Britain, from the transcript I just skimmed over, was in referencing the freedom they gained with Brexit. Besides, the royals of Britain may have a small degree of influence, but as far as I know, their power today is only symbolic.

Good grief, I'm agreeing with Kevin twice in the same thread! Good post.
Personally, I don't like Cruz, he reminds of a smarmy used car salesman. His refusal to support Trump, due to Trump's verbal abuse towards his wife, was the first time I had any kind of positive reaction to him.

Although some would say he needs little help in this regard.

I think you may well be right.

I agree with you guys regarding the debates..... However, Hillary 'shredding' anyone in a debate I think is laughable....Maybe you guys were confused with her husband? She is not a good speaker.... And now CNN has Trump up by 5 points nationally.... So, the so called 'non-bounce' - not sure where that comes from.... Of course, after the DNC - Hillary will bounce back... But, what this means is - game on.... My feel for this is Trump is gaining momentum.... Now, this DNC piece... it was supposed to be a drop kick - but it ends up being an appearance of more 'back room deals.... same old politics'....etc... I think if you looked at polls 3-4 months ago .... I believe Hillary was fairing much better.

I am so hopeless right now, Trump has stuck his big foot in his mouth yet again! Jez dude, listen to what people are saying and quit this crap, the Hill a Beast is going to win if you keep this up, God help us if that happens.

Let's switch gears for a moment, the media, mainly the leftest leaning Clinton News Network is on a roll lately with Chris Cuomo at the helm, he is a journalist?? The dude never lets and republican speak, he Talks Over, Interrupts for minutes after asking a question, the interviewee is usually respectful and keeps quiet while he rants on, I hate that Bastid MF!! He has only 1 point....HIS! I lived in NY while his father was govenor, loved that man!! Very intelligent speaker and really cared about what was best for NY and the country, I bet he is spinnin' in his grave hearing what an idiot his son has become...Sad!

What I think will happen is this.

1. Hillary will win "this" election, but the trends that got people upset and created a climate for Trump will continue.
2. Hillary will not be re-elected. There is too much tension and too many people hurting. No president can change that. I'm just hoping in 4 years that the GOP or 3rd party if it can mount a viable campaign can field a candidate that has better self control and can act like an adult.

Last edited:
Back