The Positive Hillary/Donald Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who said anything about letting myself go? I am 5'11 and weight about 184, I can still run circles around most guys half my age. But at one point I was into amateur bodybuilding, I just don't have that body anymore.

Gym classes have all but disappeared? My daughter has gym every other day, showering is optional, but they still have gym clothes to change in and out of for the class. What is really absurd is that liberals are already pushing for hospitals to stop sexing babies as they are born, you need to wait until the little one can tell you for themselves what gender they feel they are. http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/...ment_unnecessary_and_potentially_harmful.html

Last edited:
Who said anything about letting myself go? I am 5'11 and weight about 184, I can still run circles around most guys half my age. But at one point I was into amateur bodybuilding, I just don't have that body anymore.

Gym classes have all but disappeared? My daughter has gym every other day, showering is optional, but they still have gym clothes to change in and out of for the class. What is really absurd is that liberals are already pushing for hospitals to stop sexing babies as they are born, you need to wait until the little one can tell you for themselves what gender they feel they are. http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/...ment_unnecessary_and_potentially_harmful.html

OK, my bad! Right now I'm 6'0" at 170lbs. I'm hoping to build up to about 175, but it's harder to put on muscle mass these days. I used to be 185 when I was in peak waterskiing condition.

That last part is just LOL funny. Are you sure that is for real? I think someone is extrapolating and making a click bait article. BTW don't assume all "liberals" believe in micro aggression and a pile of this other nonsense.

OK, my bad! Right now I'm 6'0" at 170lbs. I'm hoping to build up to about 175, but it's harder to put on muscle mass these days. I used to be 185 when I was in peak waterskiing condition.

That last part is just LOL funny. Are you sure that is for real? I think someone is extrapolating and making a click bait article. BTW don't assume all "liberals" believe in micro aggression and a pile of this other nonsense.

Yes, I am pretty sure the article is real. I had already seen a television interview with parents who were not labeling their infants as boy or girl, and that was what I was searching for when I came up with that article. Here is a link to what they call gender neutral parenting. Sweden is actually a country where that is becoming fairly common. http://www.parents.com/parenting/gender-neutral-parenting/

Honestly, what we feel would be extreme today, is tomorrows reality. Again, I have nothing against transgenders, the body is a complex thing, and we still don't know how genetics, hormones and environment interplay to create us as different individuals. I do think they are born with a mind that tells them they are opposite of what their body parts say they should be, as opposed to a choice they have about it. I don't know what the solution should be, I just don't think the federal government should suddenly change things without a healthy debate and an offering of different solutions. There are often times unintended consequences to such actions that are taken too quickly and not well thought out.

At one time I was about 195 on a very small boned frame, and it was all muscle from about 12 years of constant training and consuming many calories. I have a very short torso and long skinny legs. My chest and arms are naturally big, but I always had a hard time adding anything to my legs, even though I concentrated most of my effort on them. It's hard to have correct form doing heavy squats with long legs, and as a result, my knees got bad towards the end of my lifting days and a few years there after, but don't cause a problem now. I did start lifting again a few months ago, now that my daughter has grown older and I have more time I hope to keep it up. I really got tired of picking up something and straining that just a bit more than a decade ago I would have hoisted up without a problem. Age is a bitch.

Last edited:
LOL Kevin .......48 years old......you're still a kid. I remember being that age and my uncle told me 'growing old isn't for sissies' ....... 15 years later I now know what he means !

Omg. What has this thread turned into. Haha.

And I thought us Canadians were screwed given our recent election candidates. Good luck boys n girls. If Trump gets in I hope he doesn't make Canada pay for the north wall; it may well bankrupt us up here.

And I thought us Canadians were screwed given our recent election candidates. Good luck boys n girls. If Trump gets in I hope he doesn't make Canada pay for the north wall; it may well bankrupt us up here.

no worries Hillary and Bubba will be waltzing back into '1600 Pennsylvania' next January.

Sorry. Maybe we need to call this 'The Controversial Thread'. Trump...Hillary...Transgender. Is it me - or did this 'I identify as....' Start with the white chick that identified as black and held some position for the NAACP? Everyone found that ludicrous. I mean....I think??

Let's spin the wheel....next topic: Reparations - the reason they are needed in 2016.....GO!!

Let's spin the wheel....next topic: Reparations - the reason they are needed in 2016.....GO!!
Absolutely they are needed. All you Yanks owe us Rebs big time for burning Atlanta and depriving us of our rightful means of economic production! (Or is that not the reparations you were referring to?) ;)

Geritol anyone ...........

LOL! I'm not ready to call myself old yet. As timm mentions it takes more effort to stay in shape as you get older, but as long as you are careful it can be done. Granted I spend more time sore and my body doesn't recover as quickly so I have to be more careful not to get injured, but life is good!

Hillary pretty well has this election in the bag. I'm curious if she will take Bernie as a running mate. I think it would help seal the victory and help get the youth vote out.

This is an interesting look at the future.

We are on track to have 50% unemployment by 2033 due to automation. This article looks at two possible outcomes.

Outcome #1 Utopia. Universal Income is created and people who don't want to work don't and find other ways to spend their time, others work because they want to.
Outcome #2 Dystopia. The wealth continues to consolidate into the hands of the few and our species diverges.

I seriously doubt Outcome #1 will happen. I suspect that it will be some of #2 and a bit of #1 and other things we haven't thought of yet.

https://medium.com/@richardnewton/o...ld-or-brave-new-world-d46736732db0#.u3hawzfzs

Hillary pretty well has this election in the bag. I'm curious if she will take Bernie as a running mate. I think it would help seal the victory and help get the youth vote out.

No election is "in the bag" this early in the season! Be wary of overconfidence. Lots of time for all kinds of things to happen between now and November.

As for Sanders, I see very little chance of her selecting him, although I agree that it would consolidate the party. But his refusal to exit gracefully and in a timely manner and the contentiousness of the primary battle are going to be big sticking points. His advanced age doesn't help him either. I expect she will look toward a younger progressive who is well liked, such as Elizabeth Warren. This election season is about to get very interesting. I'm really hoping Trump picks Palin to keep things lively, though I know it's not likely to happen.

No election is "in the bag" this early in the season! Be wary of overconfidence. Lots of time for all kinds of things to happen between now and November.

As for Sanders, I see very little chance of her selecting him, although I agree that it would consolidate the party. But his refusal to exit gracefully and in a timely manner and the contentiousness of the primary battle are going to be big sticking points. His advanced age doesn't help him either. I expect she will look toward a younger progressive who is well liked, such as Elizabeth Warren. This election season is about to get very interesting. I'm really hoping Trump picks Palin to keep things lively, though I know it's not likely to happen.

Wow! The video I saw of Palin talking Trump up was completely disjointed. She couldn't seem to create a complete sentence or complete a train of thought.

I think you are right about Bernie. Hillary probably wouldn't want to deal with Bernie pushing her in the direction he wants to go. He seems like someone who would be relentless.

This is looking like a perfect storm. Bernie energized the young and got them registered to vote. Trump has been pushing many people to register but just to vote but against him. The GOP is in disarray and GOP politicians in Congress are trying to distance themselves from Trump. I heard this described as the shrimp vote where a voter cuts off the head and votes for a different president but then votes along party lines for senators and representatives.

Sorry. Maybe we need to call this 'The Controversial Thread'. Trump...Hillary...Transgender. Is it me - or did this 'I identify as....' Start with the white chick that identified as black and held some position for the NAACP? Everyone found that ludicrous. I mean....I think??

You forgot one topic on this thread.....muscles!

well... I think it is obvious... nobody has much to say positive about the current situation.... I mean negative is easy.... It doesn't take much!! The initial intent of the thread was to TRY to look for positives.... because quite frankly the negative threads are a downer to me....

Mark -50% unemployment by 2033? In the Western world? Sounds like a civil war to me.... not utopia....

Mark -50% unemployment by 2033? In the Western world? Sounds like a civil war to me.... not utopia....

All the trends are pointing in that direction. Eventually it will be closer to 80-90 unemployed. The question is how our culture, economy, government etc.. will adjust to handle this.

China has 20% unemployment already. Remember how Foxconn let 60,000 workers go because of automation and a pile of other companies were looking to do the same?

Star Trek shows the utopian version where there is no starvation, no disease and people compete to be able to do important tasks because they are motivated not because they need to in order to survive.

All the trends are pointing in that direction. Eventually it will be closer to 80-90 unemployed. The question is .............

Star Trek shows the utopian version where there is no starvation, no disease and people compete to be able to do important tasks because they are motivated not because they need to in order to survive.

ahhhhhh ......... Zager & Evans "In the year 2525", something tells me Mark you're not old enough to remember that song !

All the trends are pointing in that direction. Eventually it will be closer to 80-90 unemployed. The question is how our culture, economy, government etc.. will adjust to handle this.

China has 20% unemployment already. Remember how Foxconn let 60,000 workers go because of automation and a pile of other companies were looking to do the same?

Hmm.. people will adapt is my opinion... This is like saying that if unemployment is on the rise... then it will just continue to rise.... and will get to 100%.....That doesn't happen .. it levels off.... People will find new forms of employement..... Like.... Building a wall for instance.... :)

Latest posts

Back