The Positive Hillary/Donald Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Is this even possible? I thought since the other threads are just completely negative bashing one candidate or the other.... Maybe we could 'all just get along' and write positive things about the candidates without bashing ? This is a stretch I know... but worth a shot? If it fails... moderators are more than happy to close the thread.... or maybe no one will post?

Both of these candidates will get somewhere in the vicinity of 20 million votes or so... So, someone ... somewhere must see something 'good' in them right?

So... I will start.... I'll talk about 'The Don' first.... The wall.... Here is a positive.... It isn't about the wall...Lots of 'negatives' said about 'the wall' ... but it is about the 'intent' of the wall... That intent is to keep illegals out of the country and using benefits for citizens that pay for them via taxes.... The intent is to follow the laws put forth so that people do not just enter the country illegally..... I think the intent here is actually good.... How it is implemented - well that is anyone's guess... but good intent.... Trying to tighten up the border should help decrease the drug trafficking one would hope... All good, positive things.

I'll say something about The Bern as well.... This 'college for everyone' thing... at first I thought this was crazy or that it would just diminish the usefulness of a college degree in the workforce - because if everyone has one - what is the differentiator? But, then he said something that kind of clicked for me... He said 'Look, we take tax payers dollars and use them for all sorts of things... Military, making bombs, building bridges..... I'm just saying we reallocate and re-think how we use those taxes.'..... That is a feel good story to me... and more education is always a great thing I think.... You may not agree with it (and I still struggle with it because I really think people need to step up for themselves... but I would be happy if I were wrong about this)... I knew someone getting his masters in Accounting - and someone said 'do you know why he is doing it?'... my answer was 'to get a better job right?'.... The answer came back....'No, to get a better education.'.... I was young back then - but it really made me think about things a bit... There is value there - and it doesn't have to be just about a job or career...

Both of these ideas have some type of merit for the intent and what they strive to do.... You may not agree with them - that is fine....

Would it be possible to have a thread... that gives ideas of the candidates - and is there any possible way to keep it positive? Then you can go trash it in the other thread if you like... haha..... :)

Hi timm,

I can't read minds so I have no idea what DT's intent, regarding his wall comments, actually is. I think we all know the impact that his comments has caused. And personally, I think they've been pretty negative.

I applaud your effort but given what has occurred in the past (someone else can assign blame for the current environment), it's kinda like putting a dress on the pig.

Best,

Gordon

Last edited:
time, agreed about the wall thing, after all ......illegal is well....illegal...... get rid of 'em and DO NOT allow them in !!!

Last edited:
Dave,

All would agree with the basic concept / issue. The question is how you accomplish the goal.

From my view and others, DT's approach is akin to trying to kill a mosquito with a sledge hammer.

Gordon

Dave,

All would agree with the basic concept / issue. The question is how you accomplish the goal.

From my view and others, DT's approach is akin to trying to kill a mosquito with a sledge hammer.

Gordon

Ok. Gordon. That's how u feel. Let's hear something positive about Hillary.

timm,

Given the number of posts in the various threads, I'll second what Rich said elsewhere.

Do you honestly believe that deporting 11 million mexicans and building the wall is going to resolve the issue? See PS.

For a reality check, I had previously posed various questions regarding some DT specifics that no one answered. To repeat one of those questions, how is he going to accomplish this mass deportation and how is he going to get Mexico to build the wall?

Gordon

PS: Please reference Post No. 33 in the "Inspector Generals Report" thread for this question and the other 10 that I raised.

Last edited:
Dave,

agreed Gordon, a tough one for sure. Fundamentally Mexico is a F-up'd Nation for you don't see our neighbors to the North presenting us with the same problem. Would things even be worse if it weren't for the mfg jobs we created there........or did that scenario worsen the situation ???

Wow. I think u guys miss the point. I am asking you for what you find positive about the people you want to vote for. I'm not looking for debate on something I said above. I want to hear what positive things you can say about any of the candidates. When I ask for that - why do you respond with '...deportation of 11 million....' Say something positive about Clinton or trump ... Why is that a challenge. Lol.

Say something positive about Clinton or trump ... Why is that a challenge. Lol.

hmmmmmm, lets see, well the Clintons child (Chelsea) apparently has turned into a fine young lady

Trumps kids appear to be rather good looking ............

as for Donald and Hillary, timm I really am struggling to find anything good to say

hmmmmmm, lets see, well the Clintons child (Chelsea) apparently has turned into a fine young lady

Trumps kids appear to be rather good looking ............

as for Donald and Hillary, timm I really am struggling to find anything good to say

Haha. Hilarious Dave. This is what I was afraid of.

Here. Let me teach across the aisle. Hillary said she voted to bail out GM. I like that move.

Well, let's see.... Oh, I know. Hillary comes with Bill. And Bill's a fun guy. Come on, you know you all are secretly wanting to see what antics Bill gets up to as the first First Man of the White House. Heck, it could be a new reality show. You know you would watch it.

Well, let's see.... Oh, I know. Hillary comes with Bill. And Bill's a fun guy. Come on, you know you all are secretly wanting to see what antics Bill gets up to as the first First Man of the White House. Heck, it could be a new reality show. You know you would watch it.

You make a good point here!!:). It's funny though. The reason I brought this up is I hadn't heard any positives from many and figured we really need to think about that. So if all we have is negative things to say how u think that is really gonna work out. We have to work to find positive here. I found a couple for each candidate. What you got!

I posted in one of the other threads about why I felt Hillary was the better candidate, mostly due to her experience as a lawyer, First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State. But honestly, I don't care much for Hillary and never have, so the fact that she has a diversity of relevant experience is about the most positive thing I can say about her.

As for Trump, I really have nothing positive to say about him. I don't think he has ever done anything good or noteworthy, he's been ruthless as a businessman but only marginally successful at many of the business endeavors he's taken on. And I've felt he was a fairly despicable person since long before he became a reality-show celebrity. So sorry, but I got nothing positive to say about Trump.

Since Bill is still sometimes referred to as President Clinton, do you think he would taken exception to the two of them being introduced as, "The President and Mr. Clinton"? Or would they be introduced as, "The Presidents Clinton"? Weighty matters for the reality show to sort out.

Oh, BTW, about that wall: If Trump becomes President, I think Canada should build a wall south of our border to keep out illegal immigration by Americans trying to escape Trump! And Canada will get the US to pay for that wall!

Oh, BTW, about that wall: If Trump becomes President, I think Canada should build a wall south of our border to keep out illegal immigration by Americans trying to escape Trump! And Canada will get the US to pay for that wall!

I don't suppose that you saw the Southpark episode that was specifically about this. They put up a wall because they were worried that Americans would come up to rape them.

2ec8e9f3a.jpg

lead_large.jpg

Withhold their Canadian Club and Americans will pay for it.

Since Bill is still sometimes referred to as President Clinton, do you think he would taken exception to the two of them being introduced as, "The President and Mr. Clinton"? Or would they be introduced as, "The Presidents Clinton"? Weighty matters for the reality show to sort out.

So... I will start.... I'll talk about 'The Don' first.... The wall.... Here is a positive.... It isn't about the wall...Lots of 'negatives' said about 'the wall' ... but it is about the 'intent' of the wall... That intent is to keep illegals out of the country and using benefits for citizens that pay for them via taxes.... The intent is to follow the laws put forth so that people do not just enter the country illegally..... I think the intent here is actually good.... How it is implemented - well that is anyone's guess... but good intent.... Trying to tighten up the border should help decrease the drug trafficking one would hope... All good, positive things.

I'll say something about The Bern as well.... This 'college for everyone' thing... at first I thought this was crazy or that it would just diminish the usefulness of a college degree in the workforce - because if everyone has one - what is the differentiator? But, then he said something that kind of clicked for me... He said 'Look, we take tax payers dollars and use them for all sorts of things... Military, making bombs, building bridges..... I'm just saying we reallocate and re-think how we use those taxes.'..... That is a feel good story to me... and more education is always a great thing I think.... You may not agree with it (and I still struggle with it because I really think people need to step up for themselves... but I would be happy if I were wrong about this)... I knew someone getting his masters in Accounting - and someone said 'do you know why he is doing it?'... my answer was 'to get a better job right?'.... The answer came back....'No, to get a better education.'.... I was young back then - but it really made me think about things a bit... There is value there - and it doesn't have to be just about a job or career...

Both of these ideas have some type of merit for the intent and what they strive to do.... You may not agree with them - that is fine....

Dang, Timm -- I (mostly) agree with you regarding the above. Couple of thoughts (just thinking out loud):

1. How is it that we are so screwed up (as a Country) that we seem to have lost control of welfare payments? While I certainly support welfare for our citizens, I can readily understand those who feel we are being taken advantage of when people from another country come to the U. S. and immediately file claims for welfare support. I had not realized the extent of this problem, until I did a bit of research. It would seem that criteria ought to be applied to those in our Country illegally that would result in them being ineligible for welfare support. If applying on behalf of children born here, perhaps fix the immediate problem, but then deport the family including their children (so as not to "break up families"). This might discourage the family (and others) from coming into the U. S. illegally. I realize we would have to change our citizenship laws, of course. But I don't have a problem with a child born to illegal aliens not automatically receiving citizenship status.

Now, some will argue that illegal aliens pay taxes, an to some extent this is true. Yet, on balance, I think much more is paid out via welfare than they pay in taxes. BTW, whatever happened to the idea of charging those who hire illegal aliens?

2. Bernie Sanders and his free collage for all. Universities / colleges as a group are way out of control, and charge much, much more than appropriate to students for the "privilege" of attending their particular school. They really need a reality check. They have become overly imbued with their own self-importance. This is part of the "lifetime of servitude" or at least debt problem with which far too many students leave college. It simply should not be this way. Beyond what Sanders proposes, there should also be a way to mitigate, at least to some extent, the tremendous college debt that is currently weighing down past students (and our economy). Some students are at least partially implicated in their problem, to be sure, but I think at least some sort of limited "reset" button is appropriate here.

Oh, before I forget the positive part of this post: I am positive I don't want Donald Trump to be President of the United States.

Last edited:
Back