floor spikes

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02GF74

Reaction score
The inserts are 1/4 unc thread, 20 tpi.

Spikes are had to find, mostly 6 or 8 mm.

So i made my own from 1 1/4 in socket (aka grub screws).
I dont have lathe so put in drill press and use angle grinder to make the spike.

Attachments

• CAM00492-1.jpg
    CAM00492-1.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 450
  • CAM00495-1.jpg
    CAM00495-1.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 397
Also note the pre-drilled holes for mounting 'downward slip-prevention' clips. ML eventually caught wind about their fatal slippage problem but chose to blow it off, dooming thousands and thousands of this generation ESLs to slip down and hang from the wires until they break off.

Also note the pre-drilled holes for mounting 'downward slip-prevention' clips. ML eventually caught wind about their fatal slippage problem but chose to blow it off, dooming thousands and thousands of this generation ESLs to slip down and hang from the wires until they break off.

I had figured that is what the holes were for, mine have slipped over the short time (circa 2 years ?) I've had them.

Yesterday I took of the panel side holders and repositioned them; I poked in blocks of firm foam between the metal grille for the bass unit and the grille and wooden panels; hopefully there is sufficient force to stop them sliding else next time it happens, I will need to make some proper supports.

Latest posts

Back