Inspector General's Report / Hillary Clinton

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all those who wish to comment on the above, here's your thread.

LOL! The problem is that people are going to cherry pick from this report to find things that support their opinion.

On Hillary's side, it's obvious that the State Department did know about her email server and until her successor, no one in that position had actually used the state email server. So there was no precedent for her to break. She was in that position during a transition point.

Against Hillary, she never got permission to use her server, and the report says she should have kept paper copies of everything to file with them and he has instructed people to do things to impede the investigation. The last point is probably the only one that has any real teeth. Impeding an investigation always looks bad.

So we will continue to see people damning her and others who say this is no big deal split along party lines and neither side will budge.

In the end I believe she will continue to be like Teflon and nothing will stick. However once she is elected I expect that the Republicans in Congress will waste a pile of time trying to impeach her if not about this, something else.

you're probably right Mark, just like the time and $$ wasted on Obama's birthplace.

Yes. Our money. I don't view this as criminal. I just view it as stupid. But at the same token - if this is a security issue why was she even allowed an external connection. And that doesn't necessarily fall on her imho. Neither the secretary or the prez know jack about systems security.

Saying all of that - there is still the stupid factor - and you could say they are targeting her but my bet is that she got special privileges because of her position. Typical - but something a high ranking official should have avoided for reasons just like this. And given her history of investigations etc??? Come on.

LOL! The problem is that people are going to cherry pick from this report to find things that support their opinion.

On Hillary's side, it's obvious that the State Department did know about her email server and until her successor, no one in that position had actually used the state email server. So there was no precedent for her to break. She was in that position during a transition point.

Against Hillary, she never got permission to use her server, and the report says she should have kept paper copies of everything to file with them and he has instructed people to do things to impede the investigation. The last point is probably the only one that has any real teeth. Impeding an investigation always looks bad.

So we will continue to see people damning her and others who say this is no big deal split along party lines and neither side will budge.

In the end I believe she will continue to be like Teflon and nothing will stick. However once she is elected I expect that the Republicans in Congress will waste a pile of time trying to impeach her if not about this, something else.

Using a personal email account exclusively is a potent prescription for flouting the Federal Records Act and circumventing the Freedom of Information Act. And there can be little doubt that Clinton knew this full well Plus the fact she got hacked. The FBI would not pull in the Romanian guy if they didn't think he had something else besides his normal indiscretions they know he knows more that's why they pulled him it

Last edited:
To me, this is pretty simple.

If you are pro HC or have a bias towards her, you believe that it was an honest or stupid mistake with no ill intentions (acting in good faith) and no security breaches.

If you are anti HC or have a bias against her, you believe that it was intentional with nefarious intentions along with leakage of classified information to others who will use the info in some clandestine manner.

GG

If you are pro HC or have a bias towards her, you believe that it was an honest or stupid mistake with no ill intentions (acting in good faith) and no security breaches.

If you are anti HC or have a bias against her, you believe that it was intentional with nefarious intentions along with leakage of classified information to others who will use the info in some clandestine manner.

GG
i dont think we need another career politician in the Whitehouse. Especially one with Hillarys past. Just like i think Jeb Bush would have been a bad choice. We all know how well he did in the primaries. And what his dad did to this country. The country spoke and it's quite obvious how millions of people think. it cant be ignored. People are tired of the established politicians. That is why Trump is now the gop nominee. And yes i do think her hacked email will and has been used against us. China has benefited the most from her tenure. And I also think she thinks she thinks she is above all. Thats a lot of shes lol. And she thinks she is the anointed one. We need a strong leader Hillary is not. i dont think Hillary has the stamina to be potus. Also can anybody name one accomplishment she had as SOT.

Last edited:
Wadia,

Ultimately the voters will decide what we need. The rest is pure, subjective speculation.

We can agree to respectfully disagree. Yes?

Best,

Gordon

Wadia,

Ultimately the voters will decide what we need. The rest is pure, subjective speculation.

We can agree to respectfully disagree. Yes?

Best,

Gordon

Gordon. it's obvious that is what we are all doing. Would you agree? And to a certain extent the voters have already agreed. Hence DT is the gop nom after voting and putting 16 primary candidates down.

Wadia,

For me at least and from what I've seen so far, there is nothing about this race that is "obvious" or predictable (in the normal ways things have happened in the past) anymore.

I think the best (or worst) is yet to come.

Gordon

You mean like the last eight years? I don't think I've ever seen a presidential race that was obvious or predictable. if you can predict the presidential race you need to head to Vegas now.Look at Ronald Reagan 1980 as a great example.

GG

Absolutely!

All people are extremely biased about almost everything, mostly without realizing it. It's a very natural thing. Your mind will both try to create rules of thumb where none exist and filter everything you see to reconcile reality with your viewpoints.

GG

How can it be a "mistake" if several people brought up their own concerns of her using a personal email and server, and were then told that her system was, "reviewed and approved by Department legal staff and that the matter was not to be discussed any further"? If I am speeding down the road and have a passenger warning me that I am speeding, if I then get caught by the police, can I say honestly it was an innocent mistake? No, it's something that I did knowingly, even after getting warned. Of course, what this report stated is that there is no evidence that anyone even gave her approval for her system, and it appears as though she never even sought approval.

One could perhaps be more persuaded that this was something innocent if she hadn't lied the whole way through the process. I was watching "Morning Joe", and I think it was this morning's episode, and this segment pretty well explains her dishonesty. Also, they mention several liberal news organizations that have also written some pretty scathing reports about the IG's findings, so it hardly just republicans having problems with how she has handled this scandal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrz_s-5Vc2k

If one really believes that she did this "innocently", and she honestly couldn't handle having more than one device, how could she ever handle the duties of being the president? She can't handle having two electronic devices! But even that was a lie, because it was proven later that she actually had an iPhone, iPad, mini iPad and a Blackberry. Lies surround this everywhere you turn.

Last edited:
Kevin,

You are obviously not a supporter of HC. :cool:

That's fine with me. I totally respect your opinion and your personal decision / convictions.

That's why I posted "nefarious intentions" for the anti HC crowd. With all due respect, I think your post falls into that category.

Best,

Gordon

PS: Thanks again for your participation in this thread. For the most part, this forum (thanks mods) are actually able to discuss this with some decorum of respect and civility. Many have failed in this regard.

Last edited:
How can it be a "mistake" if several people brought up their own concerns of her using a personal email and server, and were then told that her system was, "reviewed and approved by Department legal staff and that the matter was not to be discussed any further"? If I am speeding down the road and have a passenger warning me that I am speeding, if I then get caught by the police, can I say honestly it was an innocent mistake? No, it's something that I did knowingly, even after getting warned. Of course, what this report stated is that there is no evidence that anyone even gave her approval for her system, and it appears as though she never even sought approval.

One could perhaps be more persuaded that this was something innocent if she hadn't lied the whole way through the process. I was watching "Morning Joe", and I think it was this morning's episode, and this segment pretty well explains her dishonesty. Also, they mention several liberal news organizations that have also written some pretty scathing reports about the IG's findings, so it hardly just republicans having problems with how she has handled this scandal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrz_s-5Vc2k

If one really believes that she did this "innocently", and she honestly couldn't handle having more than one device, how could she ever handle the duties of being the president? She can't handle having two electronic devices! But even that was a lie, because it was proven later that she actually had an iPhone, iPad, mini iPad and a Blackberry. Lies surround this everywhere you turn.
Well said Kevin i guess i just couldn't seem to get my point across. nobody wants to believe she lied. I agree if she cant work an iPad and multiple devices we are in serious trouble.

Last edited:
Kevin,

That's fine with me. I totally respect your opinion and your personal decision / convictions.

That's why I posted "nefarious intentions" for the anti HC crowd. With all due respect, I think your post falls into that category.

Best,

Gordon

PS: Thanks again for your participation in this thread. For the most part, this forum (thanks mods) are actually able to discuss this with some decorum of respect and civility. Many have failed in this regard.
I agree when talking about politics i sometimes have a problem keeping my emotions in check. I believe everyone on this thread loves this country. Thanks for starting it.
Sincerely,
Wadia150

Last edited:
Kevin,

I certainly don't trust her. If I am Steve Linick, the IG guy that wrote up the report, I think I would be looking up under my car for the next year before I opened any doors or turned the engine. :)

Kevin,

As I said, that's fine. Must say that your post implying that he needs to be careful about a car bomb is a bit dramatic to say the least. Dare I say, over the top "Trump like" hyperbole. :D

Actually, if I were Trump, I'd be very concerned about his safety given all the negative, disparaging comments he has made about various groups.

Best,

Gordon

I certainly don't trust her. If I am Steve Linick, the IG guy that wrote up the report, I think I would be looking up under my car for the next year before I opened any doors or turned the engine. :)
lmao! Well that will get some interesting replies. Oh just for the record so nobody has to tell me im not a supporter of crooked Hillary:rocker:

Last edited:
I said it "tongue in cheek", hence the smiley face. I don't trust her, but no, I don't think she'll have him killed. Maybe just maimed? I agree with Trump needing to be careful, Bernie supporters have proven to be quite a violent bunch.

Back