The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally Gordon I think they both lie. Then again, I don't think there is a politation that doesn't.

I was surprised that he even mentioned Manafort but, nothing Manafort was found guilty of has anything to do with Trump. It is all from years ago.

Regardless of what Trump or Cohen have allegedly said, I would have thought if Cohen actually had solid proof that Trump guilty of a Campaign violation he would not have gotten 3-5 years.

The anti Trump want to take him down so bad they would sell their soul for the proof. Just my opinion though

And many Trump supporters would sell out their soul and their country to protect him.

Last edited:
Personally Gordon I think they both lie. Then again, I don't think there is a politation that doesn't.

I was surprised that he even mentioned Manafort but, nothing Manafort was found guilty of has anything to do with Trump. It is all from years ago.

Regardless of what Trump or Cohen have allegedly said, I would have thought if Cohen actually had solid proof that Trump guilty of a Campaign violation he would not have gotten 3-5 years.

The anti Trump want to take him down so bad they would sell their soul for the proof. Just my opinion though

Hi Brad,

First off, I appreciate your civility. A couple of comments.

Politicians lying. I'm not that cynical YET but I'm getting closer. Not all lie but the President is a Gold Medal winner in this event. WAPO and others (factcheck.org, etc.) have found over 4,000 lies or misleading statements to date since he was elected. I personally know of no other Federal elected official (in my memory) that comes anywhere close to this amount.

Manafort. He was convicted of two cases of fraud that occurred in the last couple of years.

Cohen. I don't think he's done yet and his sentence may be revised (lowered) depending on further testimony.

Best,

Gordon

I think the key here is that Trump is not draining the swamp and has instead filled the White house with some of the most deceitful people ever to step foot in that building.

If these are the type of people he is comfortable with it reflects on Trump personally. His staff have been a revolving door of inept people who he claims are fantastic when he brings them about and then claims that everyone knows they are horrible people when they leave or he kicks them out.

He is making history, but in an infamous way.

If Trump goes down and Pence takes over, social freedoms and woman's rights could take a larger step backwards, but I don't think he would engage in trade wars that are hurting our country in a bad way already, or embarrass the country like Trump does.

I do hope that Congress changes hands in November just to put the brakes on what is happening right now. Our country is being destroyed.

Last edited:
I think the key here is that Trump is not draining the swamp and has instead filled the White house with some of the most deceitful people ever to step foot in that building.

If these are the type of people he is comfortable with it reflects on Trump personally. His staff have been a revolving door of inept people who he claims are fantastic when he brings them about and then claims that everyone knows they are horrible people when they leave or he kicks them out.

He is making history, but in an infamous way.

If Trump goes down and Pence takes over, social freedoms and woman's rights could take a larger step backwards, but I don't think he would engage in trade wars that are hurting our country in a bad way already, or embarrass the country like Trump does.

I do hope that Congress changes hands in November just to put the brakes on what is happening right now. Our country is being destroyed.

IMO Pence doesn't have nearly enough time to make that happen

I was sorry to hear about McCain today. He was one of the last GOP members who behaved rationally and respectably. I didn't always agree with him, but I always respected him. He will be missed.

+1 re: John McCain. He was a thorny maverick, but also a gentleman of the first order. I will always remember his rebuke of that woman at a campaign event when she called Obama a Muslim.

Hopefully some senator or congressman will step up and fill the void.

Once more the orange one demonstrates his lack of class. A tiny twitter comment on McCain and not keeping the flag at half mast. If those candy ass Republicans don't respond to his behavior, this country is toast!!!

I'm more scared of what this country is devolving into. We are turning our noises up at remaining civilized. The way some talk we should return to the days of Sparta and survival of the fittest or most powerful.

Once more the orange one demonstrates his lack of class. A tiny twitter comment on McCain and not keeping the flag at half mast.

agreed 100%

If those candy ass Republicans don't respond to his behavior, this country is toast!!!

sorry buddy, you only got this one 50% correct, you forgot to include the 'candy assed' Democrats !

Once more the orange one demonstrates his lack of class. A tiny twitter comment on McCain and not keeping the flag at half mast.

oh.......and one more thing that you probably don't know, the American Flag code, have you ever read it ? Read it and report back ......

twitch54, agreed about quite a few Democrats. Did follow your suggestion and read the code. He didn't even allow the minimum 1 day and the next for members of Congress. Yes he appears to have lots of flexibility over the rules, but there's no mention of petty bullshit.

Alan

twitch54, agreed about quite a few Democrats. Did follow your suggestion and read the code. He didn't even allow the minimum 1 day and the next for members of Congress. Yes he appears to have lots of flexibility over the rules, but there's no mention of petty bullshit.

Alan

Alan, my point was that the dumb assed main stream media (mostly liberal) doesn't even know this. I suspect Gordon got all riled up because of this. Regardless, I do believe Trump behaves like a Jackass most of the time..........

Where was all the indignation about comments made by the main stream media against John McCain over many years of his service to the country?

I am disappointed, again, that the President couldn't just take the high road and let it go. I personally believe there is more between Trump and McCain then we know about but, that doesn't excuse the presidents comments and actions.

twitch54, agreed about quite a few Democrats. Did follow your suggestion and read the code. He didn't even allow the minimum 1 day and the next for members of Congress.

Alan

now Alan.......go back read it again, this time put on your glasses ! 'the day of and the day after' , he died on the 25th (day of) flag was raised to full staff at midnight the next day !

as for the BS media (CNN as example) see there article and you will notice they did not make mention of the flag protocol, just 'Chuckies' cry out ! (which would be respectful no doubt)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/27/politics/white-house-flag-john-mccain-tribute/index.html

I am disappointed, again, that the President couldn't just take the high road and let it go. I personally believe there is more between Trump and McCain then we know about but, that doesn't excuse the presidents comments and actions.

agreed Brad .......

McGahn today, who knows what tomorrow. What a man, he can't even say "YOU'RE Fired" to someone's face.

So now Trump is saying that there will be violence if the GOP loses the House in this election....

Is he saying his supporters are really that unglued, or is he going to incite his followers even further to make this happen?

Isn't the whole idea of threatening people with violence if an election doesn't go his way also a threat to our democracy and this country?

Another goofy statement from DT. Though he may just be taking a page from the Dems and Hillary's campaign playbook.

So discount and deflect?

What you are saying is that Trump can say anything he wants and get a pass. I hope the voters feel differently in November.

If Trump is impeached and thrown out of office, will you consider it a conspiracy of the MSM and the Deep State ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back