The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I feel like I am in need of a set of wheels, but the only two options I have are between a Pinto and a Yugo. The Pinto has a broken windshield and flat tires, and Rich- the used car salesman, is trying to talk me into the Yugo. Only the Yugo has floral seat covers as the result of a dog having piddled all over them, but while it hides the stain, it can't cover the stench!.

LMAO Kevin, you summed it up perfectly !!!

I actually think I may go to the polls this November wearing a gas mask !

Honestly, I feel like I am in need of a set of wheels, but the only two options I have are between a Pinto and a Yugo. The Pinto has a broken windshield and flat tires, and Rich- the used car salesman, is trying to talk me into the Yugo. Only the Yugo has floral seat covers as the result of a dog having piddled all over them, but while it hides the stain, it can't cover the stench!.

You know, there is a third option. It's on the back lot (the one most customers shy away from). Check it out:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...rian-ticket-third-party-2016-column/85306178/

No way man, not going to look in the back lot. I'm not going to get suckered in by that "cash for clunkers" crap.

I don't know guys. Go back years and look at our political threads- and I mean for years...'It's broke'...'nothing works'....'we gotta vote these idiots out of office'... The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result

So one more post I guess since nobody actually says what they LIKE about the candidate they choose. I think everyone would like Trump more if he acted more like an adult and everyone would like Hillary more if she didn't have a history or appearance of multiple scandals/corruption/Wall Street affiliation (thanks Bern) . Seems like our choice is a successful businessman who acts immature or a woman with multiple instances of possible corruption and scandal. What a choice. This is why nobody here says anything positive about their candidate. There are a lot of negatives

Quote of the thread!!!! :bowdown:

This week was a bad one for Donald too. Between his school fleecing people, the donation he lied about making to the veterans, telling the press off, and showing his thin skin again by taking the time to attack Stephen Hawking, he is on a roll. I'd say not only is the window smashed and the tires flat, but I think the engine has seized up as well. It still wouldn't surprise me if the GOP did something drastic at the national convention and sold this car off as scrap, but who knows?

Donald is saying point blank that he wants to drastically cut into the first amendment rights and attack the free press. A free press is one of the building blocks that the founding fathers did want. The way he is acting, if he were elected he would go after anyone who said anything negative against him with a vengeance. I'd love more fact checking and verification for all news networks, but what he is proposing would turn the media into his personal propaganda machine. This guy scares me horribly!

How ironic dare I say.

Trump denounces Judge Curiel, who is presiding over the Trump University lawsuit, because he is of Mexican descent. He, of course, is a US citizen and was born in Indiana I believe.

This morning on "Meet the Press", Chuck Dodd asked Mitch McConnel about the comment and he, along with other prominent Republicans, felt that DT's position (bias) on this issue is undefensible.

Todd asked why Mitch was supporting DT. He replied that DT won the primary and that this coming presidential election is all about winning for the party of Lincoln.

How can he possibly say this when Lincoln ran and won to eliminate "racism" and DT's comment, was totally racist. :devil:

What am I missing here?

GG

I remember after the last election when the republicans made a big deal of "widening their tent" and doing more to attract women and minority voters. With the growing minority share of the population, it is self-evident that they have to do this if they want to win presidential elections. And they had a pretty good start this primary season, with several minority-friendly candidates.

But the fact is that a substantial core of the republican voter base are racist, sexist, and xenophobic. Those people flocked to Trump and now the standard-bearer for the party represents exactly the type of mentality and image they had hoped to avoid. To moderates, Trump comes off as a rude, boorish, bully. To women and minorities, he comes off even worse. Ryan and McConnel are tying themselves in knots trying to pretend to support Trump while they are busy dis-avowing everything he says. Not that the dems don't have their own issues. But short of Hillary getting indicted for her email server or Bernie running as an independent, I don't see any way Trump can win this election.

Wow, and it just gets worse.

“This is the most un-American thing from a politician since Joe McCarthy,” Mr. Graham said. “If anybody was looking for an off-ramp, this is probably it,” he added. “There’ll come a time when the love of country will trump hatred of Hillary.”
Senator Lindsey Graham

When your party leaders are calling out your public statements as racist, and the only people defending you are people on your payroll or the likes of Chris Christie and Pat Buchanan, and you are in a tight race that may hinge on your ability to attract moderates and minorities, what do you do? Well, apparently if you are Donald Trump, you double down on your racist rhetoric and instruct your henchmen to turn the tables and call your own party leaders out as racist! I wish I was kidding but this is exactly what he is doing.

I think all true conservatives have to listen to Graham and seriously consider his statement: does your love for your country take precedence over your distaste for Hillary Clinton? Because that very well may be what this election comes down to.

Wow, and it just gets worse.

Senator Lindsey Graham

When your party leaders are calling out your public statements as racist, and the only people defending you are people on your payroll or the likes of Chris Christie and Pat Buchanan, and you are in a tight race that may hinge on your ability to attract moderates and minorities, what do you do? Well, apparently if you are Donald Trump, you double down on your racist rhetoric and instruct your henchmen to turn the tables and call your own party leaders out as racist! I wish I was kidding but this is exactly what he is doing.

I think all true conservatives have to listen to Graham and seriously consider his statement: does your love for your country take precedence over your distaste for Hillary Clinton? Because that very well may be what this election comes down to.

It "appears" Chris Christie got in bed with Trump to pay off his election debt. He had $200,000 in campaign debt, and Trump showed up for a fund raising dinner that cleared him of that debt.

Paul Ryan said, unequivocally, that Trump is a racist. And that's just for the Judge.

And not to short change the black community from his racist comments, he also said, last week I believe, after he spotted an African - American in the audience at one of his rallies.

"Look at my African American over here". :eek1:

PS: You really need to see the video to understand how bad / distasteful / disrespectful this really was. Check it out.

Last edited:

For me Rich, there is one acceptable outcome to this coming election. An absolute landslide, one sided victory (electoral and popular vote) for HC.

FWIW I know a bunch of people who typically don't vote but are registering just to vote against Trump.

Hey, you should post that in timm's "positive Hillary/Donald" thread. One of the few positives that can be said for Trump: he is encouraging a whole generation of apathetic voters to go out and vote (against him). That and "he speaks his mind" seem to be about the only positive things that anyone can say about him. Unfortunately, what's on his mind is generally racist, misogynistic, and boorish, so that second one isn't looking so positive these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back