The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Democrats wanted someone that was flexible and would work with then. Now they may have one and they make fun of him. Will they ever be satisfied?

Repealing Obamacare is officially dead for the year.

Maybe they will actually prepare next time.

That said this is going to be very hard to pass. Moderate GOP members want some coverage, but when they get more coverage, others aren't happy. It will be very hard for them to get a majority behind anything.

I think dismissing Priebus is the delineation of a the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Trump has turned his back on "his" party and from this point on we can expect that the GOP will not only stop supporting him, but be more openly denouncing him.

I believe that the senior GOP leaders are preparing for a Pence presidency in the near term and will be doing everything they can to expedite Trump's departure from DC.

Holy crap, that is a record!

Scaramucci is fired!

yourefired.jpg

Am I the only one who can see that the Trump presidency is over?

He is acting very guilty trying to find ways to pardon himself and his family, or get rid of the people investigating him. This speaks pretty loudly.

He has no game. By that I mean he can't think one move ahead and is playing politics against relative grand masters. He was considering pulling a fast one on Congress while they were on recess but couldn't keep his trap shut for this to remain an option.

He as no support. He fired Priebus who was his lifeline to the party. He is now directly attacking Congress making enemies of any remaining allies he might have had left.

I see a dead man walking who has no way to save himself or any friends to help avert what is coming.

Agreed. The main reason the reps have turned their nose to this point (and put up with the narcissistic, insecure 45) is to have their "agenda" become law.

With the ACA repeal failure and the tax reform effort likely to fail, the rep agenda isn't going to be realized.

We'll see how much longer the reps can continue to turn their nose on 45's sh#t storm.

Big cracks are starting to occur and at some point, the reps who want to get reelected (except for the die hard enclaves including Wyoming) will start jumping ship.

Like I said the other day, F---ing Amazing. Anthony the Mooch got fired even before his official starting date. Does any one know if he got the approval to sell his "fund of funds" business to the Chinese. That would mean he earned $90+million for a few days of embarrassment .

I think it will be even more entertaining before its all over. Relating to the Trump administration that is.

And on another entertaining note. House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte and the Republican Judiciary Committee sent a letter today to the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General calling for the appointment of a second special counsel to look into all matters related to the 2016 election. Focusing on actions taken by the Obama Administration, aka Loretta Lynch, Hillary Clinton and James Comey.

Another concern is that Robert Muller was given to narrow in scope relating to the elections.

It is going to get uglier in DC, if that is possible, before things improve.

I never thought I would quote myself.

So none of you have anything to say about your potential criminals?

Forgetting yours, mine and ours...

I don't like Pence or agree with many things he stands for, but he has integrity and is a mature adult. I could respect him as president.

At this point we have a lame duck president who only cares about himself and the sooner we can purge Trump from DC the better.

The irony is that I hear Trump supporters talking about how he has balls and how they still like him. The problem with that is that Trump is a complete coward. He blames everyone else for his mistakes and takes no responsibility for anything. He grew up rich and spoiled and believes that he can get away with anything because he has up to this point. He acts like a kid with a magnifying glass burning ants when he feels invincible hiding behind his money and power. The moment he feels vulnerable he lashes out like a child.

Look at last week. He has been throwing a twitter tantrum about Sessions recusing himself from the Russian investigation because Sessions would have had the power to fire Mueller. Then he was looking at firing Sessions so he could appoint anyone else who would fire Mueller for him. The Senate told him, that if he fires Sessions, they will not confirm a replacement this year. This means Trump still can't fire Mueller. Now of course Trump is attacking the Senate like a scared child.

This is not the man who should be leading this country.

Expect to see some major twitter action about leaks. This morning's WP story about The Don taking charge of Don Jr's response to the "adoption" meeting can only come from people very close(or formerly very close) to him. It took place on Air Force 1 on the way home from the G-20 meeting. The WP claims they have triple verification. That can only come from people who were on the plane.

So you are saying nothing from the past matters?

It issue is more that no matter what happened with with people not in power or no longer in power, it has very little impact on our future. If nothing is found, some people will still believe they are evil incarnate, and if they found something it still won't have any impact on our lives going forward. If there are people who feel very strongly about the outcome of that investigation, I would suggest that they get a life. GWB and Cheney authorized torture and numerous other things that there were real grounds for law suits. They took innocent US citizens, shipped them off, locked them up and tortured them without due process, etc.. etc.. I feel bad for these people who lost a big chunk of their lives, but if they suddenly were investigated now it wouldn't impact the future or have any affect on me personally. No matter what you think about suspected terrorists, these were completely innocent US citizens who just happened to be the wrong ethnicity.

Trump is causing damage to our country right now. He has diminished us on the world stage, alienated our allies, and made a mockery of the presidency. This is pressing, this is impacting us now in a real way. This is important.

I don't like Pence or agree with many things he stands for, but he has integrity and is a mature adult. I could respect him as president.

I never met the man so I'm curious, what don't you like ?

I never met the man so I'm curious, what don't you like ?

He always says he is a Christian first and a Republican second. Many many many times.

He has prosecuted rape victims for having an abortion and pretty much believes that women should stay home barefoot and pregnant. Under federal law, the only exceptions for which abortion can be performed with federal funds is in case of rape or incest. So Pence attempted to change the definition of rape to include only what he described as "forcible rape."

Gov. Pence signed a measure “prohibiting women from obtaining an abortion because of the race, gender, or disability of the fetus.” Indiana is the second state in the nation to implement such laws. While in Washington, Pence pushed for defunding Planned Parenthood and as governor slashed funding of clinics that provided STD testing, which led to an outbreak of HIV, Mother Jones reports.

He believes in "fixing" gay people and is not for gay rights. In 2015 he signed into law Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which would have allowed businesses to refuse service to gay patrons based on their religious beliefs.

He believes in the war on drugs and doesn't want legalized pot.

Under Governor Pence, Indiana has diverted $53 million in the past two years from public school to funding vouchers for private schools, including religious schools, and to charter school programs. He was the first governor to try to repeal Common Core. Pence earned an F on the official NEA legislative report card in eight of his 12 years as a member of Congress.

Pence denied that smoking could kill you.

The bottom line is that on social issues he is just about a polar opposite of how I feel.

Last edited:
Good info Mark, thanks .

Nothing wrong with being a Christian, sounds as though he's off the deep end.

Good info Mark, thanks .

Nothing wrong with being a Christian, sounds as though he's off the deep end.

Usually when someone repeatedly stresses that they are Christian like he does they are defining themselves as the religious right.

That was what I was getting at. I have nothing against people having a religion, but when they define themselves by their religion before anything else typically they have a very parochial view.

So you are saying nothing from the past matters?

Seriously, I think you need to obsess about irrelevancies. Clinton (who I didn't like much either) is not in power. Trump is.

To make you feel better, if she was in power, I would have been ok with further investigations into her.

But she is not

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back