The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess where I stand on it is... know the whole truth about what? This started as a Russian attempt to steal the vote ... to Trump was obviously involved in discussions with the Russians to steal the vote ... to we need a recount in all of the rust belt states because of the Russians ... to call James Bond - trump liked that movie with the Russians. And yes I do smell a rat.

For the record I was not a 'lock her up' type and apparently neither was trump as he said she was a good person after the election. I just thought she had a terrible track record with multiple cases of what I'll call mis-management.

I guess where I stand on it is... know the whole truth about what?

To be clear:

1. Exactly what actions did the Russians take to interfere in our election? What was the full extent of their involvement?
2. Was there any collusion with Trump campaign aides in relation to or in furtherance of these actions?
3. What was said in the multiple conversations between Trump aides and Russian officials?
4. Was any laundered Russian money transferred to Trump or his campaign?
5. Did Trump actively try to hamper the Justice Department investigation into all of this?

I think that's a good start. Are you interested in finding out the truth regarding these questions? Or do you believe, like Trump, that it's just a "witch hunt" and a waste of time and resources? Would you believe it or even care about it if the truth to these questions showed laws were broken by Trump and/or his campaign?

Interestingly, the latest leak is that Jared tried to set up a back door channel to communicate with the Russians without the U.S. intelligence agencies being able to listen in. Mind you, this is before Trump has even been sworn in. If true, this raises lots of questions. Why would they need a "back door" channel of communication with the Russians? Could be there is an innocent explanation. But given that the Russians interfered in our election specifically to get Trump elected, it could also be that there were nefarious intentions and that's why they needed to ensure a secure communications channel. I, for one, would like to know if this is true and what the explanation is.

For the record I was not a 'lock her up' type and apparently neither was trump as he said she was a good person after the election. I just thought she had a terrible track record with multiple cases of what I'll call mis-management.

You are right in that Trump never followed through with it (of course, since he had no real power to do so). But he certainly used it as a dog whistle in the campaign to get his supporters riled up. And it worked like a charm for that. Glad to hear you weren't in that camp, although I expect a few other posters in this thread were.

Last edited:
Is my 'Rant' different from yours? Sorry, I fail to see what you mean here sir, yeah, others are more elliquite in spelling and thoughts than I, your rants are just as tiresome as mine, I'm just here to stir your pot dude! And you barely have one to pi$$ in!!!! BrawHahaha! can you deal with it? Not a personal attack bud, I've had waaaay better foes in my life, you can just deal with what has been dealt to your hand, carry on with what makes you happy :rocker:

I guess I need to edit this Rich, have I ever attacked you? As you have me, I know that is up for grabs in many folks minds in how they want to see/ interpret it...

I really get angry with someone who thinks like you do, I truly try to understand, I really do, then, I just get sick in my nether areas and want to throw up! I'm not a victim, never played one, Ever!! A bit of humility might make you and myself see things in a different light, I'm open!

Ha!!! NOT!!!

You have nothing in your eyes!!

Last edited:
I'm just here to stir your pot dude! And you barely have one to pi$$ in!!!! BrawHahaha! can you deal with it? Not a personal attack bud,

Stuwee,

Please turn it down because I (OP) can't deal with it. If you have something intelligent to add to the conversation, please do. If not, please don't. And yes, it is clearly a personal attack.

Thank you for your consideration.

Gordon

Scum, I don't speak Aussie, sorry!

Gordon, you and Rich and your other minions are bullies on this subject, either stand by you and what you would like to hear or be ousted, don't give me that "say something intelligent crap", I may not be smart and speak/type well, that sir is a personal attack to me!

I have lost all respect for you and yours, hideously disrespectful of others who don't share your views...

Settle down Stuwee

People with different opinions or world views, on this forum, are not your enemy or the enemy of America.

Don't be aggressive and carry on like they are.

Treat people with a bit of respect they will mostly respond in kind.

Your behavior has brought about the disrespect, not because you have a different opinion.

We all have far more in common than not.

Like mutual love for music and Martin Logan speakers

Remember that.

Last edited:
I have lost all respect for you and yours, hideously disrespectful of others who don't share your views...

This is well beyond "different views". Why are you so angry?

It's a very unhealthy emotion.

Strange behavior in the time of Trump. What happened to conviviality, collegiality, cooperation. It used to be that when we discussed different viewpoints, we sometimes came up with new solutions that were good for all. Now we seem to be driven so far apart by distrust and hate that we forget the original reason we came together. There's got to be a better way than this.

Alan

Not a lot of unconditional support on this forum for 45 (distrust, hate, etc.) except for one individual.

Nationwide, I tend to agree with you. We have become a very divided country and I have no idea how we overcome this inability to communicate.

Not a lot of unconditional support on this forum for 45 (distrust, hate, etc.) except for one individual.

Nationwide, I tend to agree with you. We have become a very divided country and I have no idea how we overcome this inability to communicate.

And let's not forget this 'divided country' has been going on for a very long time. I'll put it at 16 years.

Please keep the comments friendly, guys.. Politics is very polarizing... we're all friends... some of us have strong opinions and we all should respect them... bigly. :)

Please keep the comments friendly, guys.. Politics is very polarizing... we're all friends... some of us have strong opinions and we all should respect them... bigly. :)

LOL. So Tom speaks and asks people to be respectful - and everyone goes silent. My that speaks volumes!!
:)

LOL. So Tom speaks and asks people to be respectful - and everyone goes silent. My that speaks volumes!!
:)

No not really.

The arguments had largely run their course, and Trump has been largely quiet, (Paris protocol aside - but that was expected).

I am kind of surprised about Tom's intervention. For what its worth, apart from one contributor's drunken comments (well it appears so), this has been a really good polite forum considering the subject matter.

A bit of heated debate at times is good as long as it doesn't involve personal abuse and threats.

Last edited:
No not really.

The arguments had largely run their course, and Trump has been largely quiet, (Paris protocol aside - but that was expected).

I am kind of surprised about Tom's intervention. For what its worth, apart from one contributor's drunken comments (well it appears so), this has been a really good polite forum considering the subject matter.

A bit of heated debate at times is good as long as it doesn't involve personal abuse and threats.

Very FUNNY!!!! Pass me the brandy!!! :) I'm sure things will light up on Thursday..... when Comey takes the stage....

It will be interesting to see what comes of the arrest of "Reality Winner" on Saturday for the NSA leak of documents.

Where do you come up with a name like Reality Winner? Well maybe a game show contestant.

How could you take someone seriously enough to give them Top Secret clearance when they ( I am making an assumption here) changed their name to Reality Winner? I realize that is being judgmental and she does use a different name (Sara Winner) on FaceBook but holy cow.

Would a parent really name their child Reality Winner?

Last edited:
This is well beyond "different views". Why are you so angry?

It's a very unhealthy emotion.

I'll give two reasons Gordon, first...One of my closest friends and co-worker was killed along with his lovely wife Saturday, may 20th on his way to work, a hit and run by a drunk high and probably both Mexican National, who has fled across out very porous border. He has been ID'd through DNA and fingerprints because he's been through our 'system' before. His family is obviously harboring him in Sonora, MX like they all do.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/2017/T...ocate-him/id-3094f0f5e2d54178a2dcb6645d0c15e9

My buddy Dave's mother is well into her '80's and has to bury her son next week.

Then another friend was brutally stabbed and killed by her boyfriend while their 1 year old child was in the next room, didn't get much news, it happens all the time down here!! He also fled across the border, gone! And why am I pi$$ed off??? This is all just run-of the mill crap down here everyday BS, you'll see soon enough when you get down here!

I still fail to see how anyone can stand by and allow this to happen in the name of our country's founding Fathers vision, I am out again...I don't really care what Rich, you or others have to say about this, my head is obviously up my arse on this matter, so who cares??

You don't like me, that's ok, I've been bullied most of my life, water on a ducks back! have a nice one!

I'll give two reasons Gordon, first...One of my closest friends and co-worker was killed along with his lovely wife Saturday, may 20th on his way to work, a hit and run by a drunk high and probably both Mexican National, who has fled across out very porous border. He has been ID'd through DNA and fingerprints because he's been through our 'system' before. His family is obviously harboring him in Sonora, MX like they all do.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/2017/T...ocate-him/id-3094f0f5e2d54178a2dcb6645d0c15e9

My buddy Dave's mother is well into her '80's and has to bury her son next week.

Then another friend was brutally stabbed and killed by her boyfriend while their 1 year old child was in the next room, didn't get much news, it happens all the time down here!! He also fled across the border, gone! And why am I pi$$ed off??? This is all just run-of the mill crap down here everyday BS, you'll see soon enough when you get down here!

I still fail to see how anyone can stand by and allow this to happen in the name of our country's founding Fathers vision, I am out again...I don't really care what Rich, you or others have to say about this, my head is obviously up my arse on this matter, so who cares??

You don't like me, that's ok, I've been bullied most of my life, water on a ducks back! have a nice one!

Well Stuwee.... let me say this.... Those are some terrible stories.... Everyone has different experiences.... different perspective based on where they live. Sometimes I think that our regions are very different and independent in their own way - with their own problems.... that others do not experience. That is why the internet is a wonderful thing. People get to express those experiences good or bad... Experiences such as what you have had would make anyone jaded. I lived 15 minutes outside of Detroit in a 'happy' suburb most of my life.... Got tired of angry people - and fled to Ann Arbor..... A great move on ...my wife's part!! haha.... She made the call on that one... and I am grateful for it.... I also work by the highest Muslim population in the US - in Dearborn Mi. Everyone has good and bad experiences with people..... whether they be white, black, muslim, Hispanic, Mexican etc..... Try to move on from some of your bad experiences -- it will put you to an early grave.... seriously.....

To bring this back to Trump.... This is what some folks don't get.... When he talked about outsourcing jobs - and doing something about that.... talked about getting our jobs back from China.... and trying to create a level playing field.... That rang really true ... Guess where? The rust belt - where he won the election... When I say I have heard candidates say 'we are going to close those tax loop holes that allow companies to send jobs overseas.....' since the FIRST George Bush??? - Well that is an accurate statement. However, in our Rust Belt area - we see that as just 'words from a politician' for 30 freaking years!!! So, why would an anomaly like Trump win? That's exactly the reason.... 30 years of Politician after Politician..... Rich says something on the order of him shooting off his foot with intelligence and the media....and not having any political experience.... DING!!! Ring the bell ... that again is why he won.... People didn't want the polished - 30 year word-smithing politician. They were willing to take a risk with a guy who wanted to get things done..... Not compromise a bill away to nothing. All of us have said the media here gives their version of the news - yet in the same breath quote it as if it were gospel.... Whose gospel? Their gospel.... Go listen to John Lennon's 'Gimme Some Truth'......

Last edited:
I'll give two reasons Gordon,

Stu,

I'm very sorry for your recent losses. I certainly understand why you are "on edge" at this time.

It's not that I don't like you, it's just that you seem to have a difficult time discussing this issue, in a reasonable, respectful manner, with folks that disagree with you. Two very different things.

Again, sorry for your recent traumas.

Gordon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back