The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not my friend. Being a bit conservative.

Big question now. Assuming the projected result is accurate, will the Don appear on TV, graciously concede the election, and offer congratulations to HRC?

I think I know the answer.

Probably not my friend. Being a bit conservative.

Big question now. Assuming the projected result is accurate, will the Don appear on TV, graciously concede the election, and offer congratulations to HRC?

I think I know the answer.

I expect the Don will come off as a weirder, crazier version of Karl Rove from the last election.

So now Trump says SNL should be cancelled for rigging the election because of their parodies of the debates.

Another reason someone with his fragile ego has no business being president. He would shut down our right of free speech whenever he didn't like what was being said.

Mark,

Did he really say that?

Gordon

The exact quote is the following:

"Watched 'Saturday Night Live' hit job on me. Time to retire the boring and unfunny show. Alec Baldwin portrayal stinks. Media rigging election!"

What is probably scarier is that he has continued on his rant about the election being rigged. I'm really not sure what he is trying to do unless he thinks we should have riots after the election is over.

That said, political parody has been part of SNL going way way way back from their roots with National Lampoon, and TV shows typically get retired because of ratings, not because a politician decides he doesn't like their brand of humor. He has made other comments about shutting down certain news papers who critiqued him as well. Freedom of Press and Freedom of Speech are two cornerstones of this country, and SNL has made fun of Bill Clinton, GWB, Obama etc... It is what they do.

Last edited:
I found it strange how it seemed as though suddenly no one was causing riots at the Trump rallies anymore, they just one day appeared to end. I guess they are no longer being paid to purposely cause disruptions. Robert Creamer, who is close to the Clinton campaign, has stepped down as the head of Democracy Partners after his organization is heard on video discussing how they paid protestors to purposely incite violence at Trump rallies. Another democratic operative was fired for his part.

The media ran stories of the violence at Trump rallies all day long, it made front page news on newspapers and was the lead story on many news broadcasts for weeks. But I am hardly seeing any coverage of this story? We really no longer have a media, we only have another arm of the democratic party.

Robert Creamer is no small fish. He visited the White House quite often and apparently had dozens of visits with Obama himself. Isn't it against the law to incite riots? Wouldn't inciting violence at a political event be especially troubling? The media sure seemed to think so when they were blaming Trump for the trouble. Wouldn't you think this would call for a criminal investigation? You know it would if it were a republican organization caught on video about how they purposely incited riots at Hillary campaign events.

I found it strange how it seemed as though suddenly no one was causing riots at the Trump rallies anymore, they just one day appeared to end. I guess they are no longer being paid to purposely cause disruptions. Robert Creamer, who is close to the Clinton campaign, has stepped down as the head of Democracy Partners after his organization is heard on video discussing how they paid protestors to purposely incite violence at Trump rallies. Another democratic operative was fired for his part.

The media ran stories of the violence at Trump rallies all day long, it made front page news on newspapers and was the lead story on many news broadcasts for weeks. But I am hardly seeing any coverage of this story? We really no longer have a media, we only have another arm of the democratic party.

Robert Creamer is no small fish. He visited the White House quite often and apparently had dozens of visits with Obama himself. Isn't it against the law to incite riots? Wouldn't inciting violence at a political event be especially troubling? The media sure seemed to think so when they were blaming Trump for the trouble. Wouldn't you think this would call for a criminal investigation? You know it would if it were a republican organization caught on video about how they purposely incited riots at Hillary campaign events.

I agree that this is a black eye for the Democratic Party. They had no business doing what they did! I hope that there is enough media coverage to help stop this type of thing in the future!

I see that Trump's hotel/condo tower in Toronto just went belly-up, and a lot of people are saying that they were stiffed.

I see that Trump's hotel/condo tower in Toronto just went belly-up, and a lot of people are saying that they were stiffed.

And his partner in the deal was a Russian oligarch, but of course, Donald has "nothing to do with Russia."

So some post election occurrences.

1) Settled case against Trump U out of court for $254M.
2) Trump Foundation admits tax fraud.
3) Business representatives from India (?) discuss expanding business with DT using Trump brand.
4) The ever evolving "blind trust" conflict of interest story. This will be a huge issue for him. He said "conflicts of interest laws" do not apply to POTUS. This is true but...........given his refusal to release his tax returns, how transparent will he be regarding the "cloud" (lack of full disclosure and subsequent trust) surrounding this issue.
5) Discussions with British politician regarding opposing off shore wind farms in Ireland. Pre election, he opposed because he apparently owns one golf course which would be visually impacted by the wind farms. Threatened to sue if government proposed action was not reversed.
6) Appointing "alt right" media executive who appears to be racist and xenophobic (encouraging / supporting white supremacist views) as "Chief Advisor to the President".
7) Requested UK appoint a certain individual as US Ambassodor.
8) Criticized SNL for recent appearances by Alex Baldwin.
9) Apparently reversing promise that he will appoint special prosecutor to prosecute HRC. He recently indicated that "he is not inclined" to pursue this action. A good thing.
10)Admitted today that he believes human activity affects the climate. Another good thing.

In the end, appears DT may make HRC look like a "poster child" regarding personal integrity and avoiding avoidable conflicts of interest and using her previous positions for personal gain.

And it's only been two weeks since the election folks.

Gordon

Last edited:
Thank God Hillary has a halo. DT could resign right now and you would be unhappy about that.

Get ready for the witch hunt. Get ready for the obstructionist democrats!! God. And the wheels go round and round. What a joke. Everybody get the F off of your soapbox. (Not meant at u brad...just a generalization. )

Oh I forgot. Apparently facts don't matter anymore. :cool:

And it's not a soapbox. Too bad you think that's what it is.

I'll try to refrain from posting in the future timm.

Best,

Gordon

Just saw this thread. Gordon you sound like a coastal liberal. It must be lonely in WY. If you're ever on the East Coast I'd be happy to buy you a drink just to support your bravery.

I'm still depressed. The DT future should really be interesting. Sleepy Carson running a Federal agency. That does make me laugh.

Alan

Oh I forgot. Apparently facts don't matter anymore. :cool:

And it's not a soapbox. Too bad you think that's what it is.

I'll try to refrain from posting in the future timm.

Best,

Gordon

You're the one that wanted the break Gordon. I guess you are rested. Continue with your 'rhetoric'. Let's wait for the recount!! Ahh one big happy family.

timm,

One of the independent candidates is starting the recall. Not the Dems.

Have a great holiday.

Best,

Gordon

timm,

One of the independent candidates is starting the recall. Not the Dems.

Have a great holiday.

Best,

Gordon

I just find it ironic that if the vote would have gone the other way that the accusations were Trumps deplorables were going to cause riots. The vote would not be accepted And the credibility of the election would be challenged. So here we are. No dem leadership anywhere. And mysteriously the recount is only of the rust belt states. But it is not for Hillary Clinton. Only for our democracy. This gets Jill stein a couple of things. More time to try and make a name for herself in the next election and a possible cabinet post by the clintons. All the while trying to undermine and destroy the faith of the people in the election process. I can't even imagine how this thread goes if trump was doing it.

I find it hypocritical that the people outraged st the possibility of Trumps people doing something like this would not be outraged today.

And this is no personal attack on anyone. But the hypocrisy of it all makes me a bit queasy

Last edited:
So some post election occurrences.

1) Settled case against Trump U out of court for $254M.
This was a civil fraud lawsuit. Did his settling it make the criminal racketeering lawsuit go away?

Gordon, cut the guy some slack :))).....it was $25M, not $254M.

Last edited:
Bernard,

Thanks for the correction.

timm, thanks for the response. Suffice to say, many people are "queasy" at the moment.

Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back