The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
And now, hopefully, here's Part II of 15 pages of very good discussion. I've learned a lot and wish to continue the previous thread.

As to those who have been participating in the previous DON thread, we hit a "bump" and it was closed.

Hopefully, Tom and Dave understand and will allow this "reboot".

I encourage all to participate in a respectful, constructive manner. :cool:

Gordon

The reason we hit a bump is because you brought in mental health issues about Donald Trump. Then you proceeded in private messages to talk about my mental health which means you were talking about millions of others mental health or physical health. Which is really disgusting because I have an autistic brother. And that crosses a big line that no human being should ever cross. Making fun of people's mental health or physical health is classless and disgusting Gordon. I understand what I did was wrong when I called you names but grow up man I never ever talked about your mental health which is a line I would never ever cross. Especially in this day and time. What you said was very disgusting even if it was in a private message. This is an audio forum not a political one. You obviously don't have a mental or physically challenged family member or you would've not of said the things you said to me in pm. Or maybe you would because that is the type of person you are. What if your friends on this forum have physical or mentally challenged family member. If they do I doubt seriously they will continue to be your friend knowing what you said to me. I took a screenshot of it I did not send to the moderators but if I did I think they would agree with me of how disgusting and classless you are for saying that to me. Do you have an autistic brother? Do you know how bad my brother was picked on and how cruel people can be. With your private message you reminded me how cruel humans can be and this is still going on to this day. And you had the gall to call me a bully. Again you actually called me out on being a BULLY!. I am appalled and disgusted at how classless you are with your private message. I don't think you know how
many friends I lost because they didn't understand autism they just called him retarted . They just made fun of his mental health like you made fun of mine. So I don't think there should be a redux on this topic because people like you cannot get their point across without bashing other people's mental or physical health even if it is in a pm. You didn't have the guts to call me out in public because you are gutless. So I'm not your dude or your friend and I'm sure you lost some today. I don't think you deserve a second chance with your friends if they were in this position. I am sorry for what I said but what I said is not even close to the disgusting thoughts that are stored in your mind. Just to let you know I could post this on this forum or anywhere else and I bet I would get a lot of people behind me. And I also have your picture so putting a face behind it wow!. But that would lower me to your standards. And yes I was wrong for what I did. But I would never ever go as low as what you said to me :(

Last edited:
Hookay, this is a redux thread, and not all of us agree on the Don but, we've had a pretty civil discussion for 15 pages. norway, I'm sorry for your brother, autism is a seriously misunderstood disease, as are many other metal illnesses.

I would like to see this thread go forward since I have enjoyed the banter and info, so may I ask that you just ignore it? I'm not a major poster here, only 190 posts since 2009, respect goes both ways...internet forums can be misused greatly, please ignore this thread, thanks!

Now to you GG, other Trump supporters and myself are not going to change your mind, and I don't want to, we'll see how this all shakes out this fall. Politics are so full of BS it is not even funny anymore however, for all his missteps, vulgar remarks...yada, yada, yada....the man speaks his mind and isn't afraid of anyone, I find that a very refreshing change from what we've had and could get from the other side, just my 2 cents again :D

....the man speaks his mind and isn't afraid of anyone, I find that a very refreshing change from what we've had and could get from the other side, just my 2 cents again :D

Stuwee, I'm not going to try to change your mind either. But I will respond to your thought quoted above. Trump does speak his mind, in a sense. At least he speaks whatever is floating around off the top of his head that he thinks people want to hear. It's pretty clear that he rarely puts any reasoned thought behind what he says. He just blurts out his opinion at that moment. So many times he or his handlers have to come back later and elaborate on, explain away, or just completely change his position on what he said because he didn't think about or fully understand the issue before he spoke. I don't find this sort of thing "refreshing" in a presidential candidate; I find it highly dangerous.

Also, while he isn't "afraid" of anyone, he also shows no respect for anyone. His ego and narcissism are at stratospheric levels. Another poor and potentially dangerous quality for a presidential candidate.

I really don't want to see the U.S. get into a war with Russia, China, or North Korea because our narcissistic president spoke his mind, offended them, and got in a war of words that led to actual war simply because he wasn't afraid of them.

Way to keep ur sh1t private, Norway. Publicly disrespecting another member on MLO just got you banned. Learn to ignore people on the internet, you'll be much happier. Bye.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited:
Hi stuwee,

Thanks for your participation.

Regarding DT, I find myself in agreement with Rich's observations on DJT.

I know people are drawn to "straight" talkers. In our dysfunctional world of politics, it does have it's merits and does offer a breath of fresh air.

However, the office of President requires, in my mind, someone who can "weigh" their words and actions against the potential worldwide short term / long term impacts those words and actions may have.

One of the latest zingers from the Don was his apparent opinion regarding Great Britain's PM. based on the PM's comments on DT's foreign policy statements. The last thing any President should do is make disparaging remarks that potentially alienate and compromise a long standing partner and US supporter in the worldwide foreign policy arena.

Gordon

One of the latest zingers from the Don was his apparent opinion regarding Great Britain's PM. based on the PM's comments on DT's foreign policy statements. The last thing any President should do is make disparaging remarks that potentially alienate and compromise a long standing partner and US supporter in the worldwide foreign policy arena.

This alone should disqualify him as a potential candidate for the job. We need a leader, not a self-absorbed narcissist pandering to the lowest common denominator. Say what you want about Hillary -- she's too liberal for the conservatives and too conservative for the progressives -- but she understands how to conduct diplomacy. And you don't read a news story virtually every day about her walking back from some off-the-cuff comment that she made.

Much was made of the Don's PM comments over here. One hi-fi forum had a very long thread as to whether we should let the Don in the country or not.

It's difficult to see the point in talking about Drumph. He is clearly a liar, a bigot and a racist, but that doesn't matter to his supporters who find it refreshing that he says anything he wants. He panders to their fears, instead of coming up with real solutions. Build a wall to keep the Mexicans out panders to those whose lives are miserable and have to blame someone rather than taking responsibility for their own circumstance. Kick out eleven million Muslims panders to those who think they are dangerous and equate Muslims with terrorists. Do we equate Christians with terrorists for the radical acts of a few? If we run out of money, we'll print more. Yep, he understands budgeting alright. But hey, it's refreshing to hear him speak. You're a loser if you were a prisoner of war, that's refreshing to hear also. How about promising to give money received, over six million, to veterans, but then keeping it? As a veteran, that makes me want to punch his lights out. I especially like that he uses simple words and small sentences to communicate with his supporters, like, mine's huge, or I'm the best, or you're ugly, etcetera.

Hm. I haven't got him sussed yet.

I remember physically being in front Trump Tower in NYC. And I know someone who worked there 25 years ago really quite well, with some associated Trump stories.

I accolade him some of my personal attention in media stories. At the end of the day he is someone who feels confident enough to rule, with a history to make his aspirations at least partially viable.

But considering the US voted Ronnie and Nancy into power... and trumped with Bam Bam who I genuinely liked and feel did well... I am really not sure. Hilary is cool, though. Maybe too wise for the position? Cheating hubby or not.

Last edited:
A question to the US guys please.

If Trump were to get into power, do you not think the rest of the cabinet / congress (whatever you call the government in its entirety) would keep him in line (at least somewhat)?

Adam,

There are many things he would like to do (or at least that's today's story) that Congress (Senate and House of Representatives) would need to approve.

The outcome of the election in those two chambers (and the individual majorities of each party) will have a great impact on his ability to push his agenda (whatever that may be) if he does get elected.

In other words, unknown at this point and to be determined.

Gordon

Hm. I haven't got him sussed yet.

I remember physically being in front Trump Tower in NYC. And I know someone who worked there 25 years ago really quite well, with some associated Trump stories.

I accolade him some of my personal attention in media stories. At the end of the day he is someone who feels confident enough to rule, with a history to make his aspirations at least partially viable.

But considering the US voted Ronnie and Nancy into power... and trumped with Bam Bam who I genuinely liked and feel did well... I am really not sure. Hilary is cool, though. Maybe too wise for the position? Cheating hubby or not.

OK, I'll bite. Who the heck is "Bam Bam"?

It's difficult to see the point in talking about Drumph. He is clearly a liar, a bigot and a racist, but that doesn't matter to his supporters who find it refreshing that he says anything he wants. He panders to their fears, instead of coming up with real solutions. Build a wall to keep the Mexicans out panders to those whose lives are miserable and have to blame someone rather than taking responsibility for their own circumstance. Kick out eleven million Muslims panders to those who think they are dangerous and equate Muslims with terrorists. Do we equate Christians with terrorists for the radical acts of a few? If we run out of money, we'll print more. Yep, he understands budgeting alright. But hey, it's refreshing to hear him speak. You're a loser if you were a prisoner of war, that's refreshing to hear also. How about promising to give money received, over six million, to veterans, but then keeping it? As a veteran, that makes me want to punch his lights out. I especially like that he uses simple words and small sentences to communicate with his supporters, like, mine's huge, or I'm the best, or you're ugly, etcetera.

And let us not forget his infamous line about "punishing" women...

For me, it's trying to understand what's going on in American politics and why he is being supported by so many people.

me too Gordon, I think Rich's response to Stuwee pretty much sums it up.

Trump has repeatedly referred to the idea of Global Warming as a hoax. Yet, in an application to build a sea wall for one of his golf courses in Ireland, he specifically cites the effects of global warming, including sea level rise, as the primary reason for needing to build the wall. Just another example of Trump saying one thing when it suits him politically and then saying the exact opposite when it suits his business interests. How anyone thinks they can trust this man because "he speaks his mind" is beyond me.

I think Bam Bam means Obama.

I'll take nik names for a thousand please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back