Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: The DON / redux

Super User

I guess where I stand on it is... know the whole truth about what? This started as a Russian attempt to steal the vote ... to Trump was obviously involved in discussions with the Russians to steal the vote ... to we need a recount in all of the rust belt states because of the Russians ... to call James Bond - trump liked that movie with the Russians. And yes I do smell a rat.

For the record I was not a 'lock her up' type and apparently neither was trump as he said she was a good person after the election. I just thought she had a terrible track record with multiple cases of what I'll call mis-management.

Quote Originally Posted by timm View Post
    I guess where I stand on it is... know the whole truth about what?
    To be clear:

1. Exactly what actions did the Russians take to interfere in our election? What was the full extent of their involvement?
    2. Was there any collusion with Trump campaign aides in relation to or in furtherance of these actions?
    3. What was said in the multiple conversations between Trump aides and Russian officials?
    4. Was any laundered Russian money transferred to Trump or his campaign?
    5. Did Trump actively try to hamper the Justice Department investigation into all of this?

I think that's a good start. Are you interested in finding out the truth regarding these questions? Or do you believe, like Trump, that it's just a "witch hunt" and a waste of time and resources? Would you believe it or even care about it if the truth to these questions showed laws were broken by Trump and/or his campaign?

Interestingly, the latest leak is that Jared tried to set up a back door channel to communicate with the Russians without the U.S. intelligence agencies being able to listen in. Mind you, this is before Trump has even been sworn in. If true, this raises lots of questions. Why would they need a "back door" channel of communication with the Russians? Could be there is an innocent explanation. But given that the Russians interfered in our election specifically to get Trump elected, it could also be that there were nefarious intentions and that's why they needed to ensure a secure communications channel. I, for one, would like to know if this is true and what the explanation is.

Quote Originally Posted by timm View Post
    For the record I was not a 'lock her up' type and apparently neither was trump as he said she was a good person after the election. I just thought she had a terrible track record with multiple cases of what I'll call mis-management.
    You are right in that Trump never followed through with it (of course, since he had no real power to do so). But he certainly used it as a dog whistle in the campaign to get his supporters riled up. And it worked like a charm for that. Glad to hear you weren't in that camp, although I expect a few other posters in this thread were.
    Last edited by Rich; 05-27-2017 at 11:36 AM.
    Rich

This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.