Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 602

Thread: The DON / redux

  1. #586
    Super User Brad225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, Fl
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    [QUOTE=Rich;183533]In other news:

    According to the NYT, President Trump said this to the Russian delegation visiting the White House:

    Rich I agree with you about the President. I have never said he was anything less than some of the idiotic comments he makes about other people. He appears to have no filtering between the thought process and his mouth.

    Again, I only had a choice between 2 candidates for voting.

    If you choose to have 100% faith in Snopes and CNBC that is your choice. There are way to many other sources that confirm my feelings. I hope I am wrong.
     

  2. #587
    Super User Brad225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, Fl
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroNoob View Post
    Uranium is only really used for fission nuclear reactors which the rest the world is moving away from. Modern day nuclear weapons uses plutonium fission and and hydrogen fusion (thermonuclear). Uranium also isn't that rare or dangerous naturally. I ordered some from Amazon before.

    The emphasis of your statement being "dangerous naturally". You don't think the Russians would do anything evil do you?

    I will sleep better tonight knowing it is not dangerous naturally.

  3. #588
    Super User Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad225 View Post
    If you choose to have 100% faith in Snopes and CNBC that is your choice. There are way to many other sources that confirm my feelings. I hope I am wrong.
    You neglected to answer the pertinent question. Where is the logic in paying huge bribes to one out of seven individuals who had veto power over the decision? I mean, for crying out loud, the Secretary of Defense had veto power, but he didn't share your grave concerns about the deal. I'm not saying there wasn't a brazen attempt to get in the Clinton's favor. I don't have enough knowledge on it to speak to that. I am saying that logic doesn't support the kind of quid pro quo that you are implying with regards to the purchase of the Canadian mining company.
    Rich

    This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

  4. #589
    Super User Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    Hey Brad, in relation to your question on why nobody is blaming Weiner for Trump's election, you might enjoy this article published today: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...anthony-weiner

    Or perhaps this one: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/politi...ton/index.html
    Last edited by Rich; 05-19-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    Rich

    This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

  5. #590
    Super User Brad225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, Fl
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Hey Brad, in relation to your question on why nobody is blaming Weiner for Trump's election, you might enjoy this article published today: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...anthony-weiner

    Or perhaps this one: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/politi...ton/index.html
    Thanks Rich, though I will say the DailyBeast and CNN are, for me, very left wing publications. You might as well put your faith in Huffington Post for main stream exposure.
    CNN is not the highly watched network it once was.

    Sorry I didn't make my comment clear. I am surprised that the Clinton campaign and all of the Gorge Soros funded groups that are having a melt down that Trump is not the legitimate President aren't protesting and rioting wanting to string Weiner up.

    How can they not take issue verbally that somehow the emails were on Anthony's computer. One would thing that he didn't have access to them but certainly Huma did.


    In relation to your saying there is no logic to the AMRZ deal. How many times do our senators and congressmen defy logic with their actions.

    I hope your are correct on this but, until I find more information we will both have our own opinion on it.

  6. #591
    Super User Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    Y'all notice how Trump's aides get on T.V. and explain away his statements, and the explanation is completely different than what he said and makes no logical sense? Hard to believe the latest round of explanations regarding his statement telling the Russians the pressure was off because he fired Comey, after last week when they all stated he fired Comey because of the memo and then Trump gets on T.V. and says he intended to do it regardless of the memo and then cites the Russia controversy. They literally blew all their credibility on the first leak and have none left to counter the subsequent leaks. What a comedy of errors!
    Rich

    This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

  7. #592
    Super User Brad225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, Fl
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Some days its as though they wrote all of the options on pieces of paper. They then put them in a hat and pull one out for the talking point for the next 8-12 hours.

  8. #593
    Super User RCHeliGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Y'all notice how Trump's aides get on T.V. and explain away his statements, and the explanation is completely different than what he said and makes no logical sense? Hard to believe the latest round of explanations regarding his statement telling the Russians the pressure was off because he fired Comey, after last week when they all stated he fired Comey because of the memo and then Trump gets on T.V. and says he intended to do it regardless of the memo and then cites the Russia controversy. They literally blew all their credibility on the first leak and have none left to counter the subsequent leaks. What a comedy of errors!
    This is why we have a spokesman hiding in the bushes not wanting to talk to the press. Trump can get away with saying anything, BUT from anyone else not so much.
    Mark
    JRiver Media Server 21 on Windows 10 -> (Async USB) -> OPPO 105D -> Emotiva XPA-2 gen 2 -> Martin Logan Ethos -> my ears

  9. #594
    Super User Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RCHeliGuy View Post
    This is why we have a spokesman hiding in the bushes not wanting to talk to the press. Trump can get away with saying anything, BUT from anyone else not so much.
    Yeah, Spicer's in a no-win situation. From the beginning, he's been tasked with backing up all the provably false statements of the narcissist-in-chief. And when you get up on a podium in front of all the press and say things like "his inauguration crowd was the biggest ever," when actual photo comparisons clearly show otherwise, then the press isn't going to give you any leeway on anything else. I think the way Trump and his team have dealt with the press and with the intelligence agencies really shows how politically inept they are. Those are two categories of organizations that you really don't want on your bad side as a politician. A lot of the recent fallout is a direct result of that policy. You pi$$ off the intelligence agencies, they're going to leak stuff. You pi$$ off the press, they're going to time the public release of those leaks to inflict maximal damage.
    Rich

    This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

  10. #595
    Senior Member stuwee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Puuuuleees Rich, really the inauguration crowd $hit again?? That's because most of his supporters where at work, working hard, unlike the liberal free loaders with nothing else to do but support the new leader back then, (Bam Bam) that will keep them in food stamps, cash assistance and a general free ride...Really sick of this crap, ya'll lost, your party is in shambles, all you have is a sick media fueled by CNN, Chris Cuomo, Brassille and others, eyes bugged out. Struggling to take the real issues like terrorism and the economy on instead of grasping at straws with Flynn and others, struggling to hear their own voice over their disfunctional children in the next room. And how they can make themselves feel justified for their $hit reporting and backing who BTFreakingWay??
    Cogito Ergo Zoom!
    20 goes into 80, a hellava lot more than 80 goes into 20 ~ The late, great, Sophie Tucker
    Thorens 125 TD MK II /SME 3009 II /Shure V15 special tracking, Teac V8000S, Denon DN 790R cassette, Teac A-3340 RtR decks, Onix CD-2
    Sumo Electra Plus > SAE A1001 > Summits

  11. #596
    Member Scumurculum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    East Coast of the Antipodes
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stuwee View Post
    Puuuuleees Rich, really the inauguration crowd $hit again?? That's because most of his supporters where at work, working hard, unlike the liberal free loaders with nothing else to do but support the new leader back then, (Bam Bam) that will keep them in food stamps, cash assistance and a general free ride...Really sick of this crap, ya'll lost, your party is in shambles, all you have is a sick media fueled by CNN, Chris Cuomo, Brassille and others, eyes bugged out. Struggling to take the real issues like terrorism and the economy on instead of grasping at straws with Flynn and others, struggling to hear their own voice over their disfunctional children in the next room. And how they can make themselves feel justified for their $hit reporting and backing who BTFreakingWay??
    Ahh I was waiting for you to pop up.

    Your exquisite cognitive dissonance has not disappointed.

    So was it the largest inauguration crowd? As the president and his cadre said.

    Or was it not the largest crowd ever? Because, as you say, the hard working, downtrodden, salt of the earth, morally superior, Trump supporters were too busy at their employ.

    This of course means that the Yellow Muppet lied.

    So which is it?
    Last edited by Scumurculum; 05-24-2017 at 04:57 AM.

  12. #597
    Super User Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stuwee View Post
    Puuuuleees Rich, really the inauguration crowd $hit again?? That's because most of his supporters where at work, working hard, unlike the liberal free loaders with nothing else to do but support the new leader back then, (Bam Bam) that will keep them in food stamps, cash assistance and a general free ride...Really sick of this crap, ya'll lost, your party is in shambles, all you have is a sick media fueled by CNN, Chris Cuomo, Brassille and others, eyes bugged out. Struggling to take the real issues like terrorism and the economy on instead of grasping at straws with Flynn and others, struggling to hear their own voice over their disfunctional children in the next room. And how they can make themselves feel justified for their $hit reporting and backing who BTFreakingWay??
    As usual, Stuwee, your incoherent rant completely (intentionally?) misses the point. I could care less about whose inauguration crowd sizes were larger. My point was that Trump's team eviscerated their own credibility when they made a point to vociferously argue that his was the largest ever, despite clear evidence to the contrary. When you sacrifice your credibility over basically meaningless issues, you have none left to draw on when the issue is more serious. That is exactly what has happened with Trump's administration. They have squandered so much credibility by being dishonest over meaningless things, that no one (not even serious republicans) believes them now that the issues are much more serious. I'll never be able to comprehend the ability of some people to stick their heads in the sand in the face of such obvious dishonesty as you seem to do. I hope you're not too disappointed when Trump resigns in disgrace over the obstruction of justice charges in a few months. I'm sure you will just view it as a big liberal conspiracy.
    Rich

    This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

  13. #598
    Super User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    As usual, Stuwee, your incoherent rant completely (intentionally?) misses the point. I could care less about whose inauguration crowd sizes were larger. My point was that Trump's team eviscerated their own credibility when they made a point to vociferously argue that his was the largest ever, despite clear evidence to the contrary. When you sacrifice your credibility over basically meaningless issues, you have none left to draw on when the issue is more serious. That is exactly what has happened with Trump's administration. They have squandered so much credibility by being dishonest over meaningless things, that no one (not even serious republicans) believes them now that the issues are much more serious. I'll never be able to comprehend the ability of some people to stick their heads in the sand in the face of such obvious dishonesty as you seem to do. I hope you're not too disappointed when Trump resigns in disgrace over the obstruction of justice charges in a few months. I'm sure you will just view it as a big liberal conspiracy.
    You are right... they are 'basically meaningless issues'... that the media decided they needed to report on!!! Haha.... and that doesn't make up for the response.... it should have been a 'who cares....' response... and they could have said something similar like .... 'most of my supporters are working - and lets face it - We lost DC by something like 92% - 8%??? -- I mean if the locality is essentially 90+% Dems - you really can't expect travelers to make up the difference ... but I digress....

    There is a lot of negative spin going on - and that is what the admin is trying to fight - in a not so great fashion.... I saw an article that was headlined by CNN ... something to the tune of .... 'Hillary email server issue bigger that originally thought...' ... So , I start reading it - figuring they found something else out .... when no - all it was - was an article talking about how they did a survey and believe the email had a lot to do with people's vote ....

    I am waiting for this whole Russia thing to kind of disappear like a lot of things have..... and then we will start again ... with something else.... I am fine with the news .... just not interested in news agency's 'opinion' of the news.... and continued inference, suggestion, innuendo, surmise, out-right guesses -- but when posed and said in the right frame --- seems to be facts vs someone's fiction.

  14. #599
    Super User Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    Timm, I agree with a lot that you say. Part of the price Trump has paid for having no political experience is a complete inability to effectively massage his public relations. Like I said earlier, if you immediately alienate both the press and the intelligence agencies upon assuming office, you are going to have a hard time. Of course, he could have also saved himself some pain and humiliation by not letting his ego get in the way and arguing that everything he does is the best ever, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. He seems so consumed with creating the perception that he is "winning" that he has lost sight of which battles matter.

    If you are waiting for the whole Russia thing to disappear, you may be waiting awhile. It seems to me that Trump was trying just a little too hard to make all this go away for there not to be anything shady behind it. The whole "where there's is smoke, there is fire" concept. Seems to be an awful lot of smoke here. But it may take years for it all to come out. I expect Trump will face obstruction charges before that, given his apparent pattern of behavior trying to influence Comey.
    Rich

    This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

  15. #600
    Super User Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    So now we are up to four different high-level Trump campaign aides who had multiple meetings with Russian officials in the months leading up to the election (the same election that our own security services have concluded the Russians interfered with in order to help Trump win), and all four of these aides "accidentally" forgot to mention anything about these meetings on their security clearance forms.

    Does no one on the conservative side smell a rat here? Come on, if this was Hillary's aides, you would be foaming at the mouth and screaming lock her up. It will be a long time before we know the whole truth (if we ever do), but this is looking more and more like collusion and coverup.
    Rich

    This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •