The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really not sure about who would/will have rolled over for Putin easier.

When Hillary was Sec of State 20% of our enriched uranium/plutonium was turned over to the Russians. At that time Bill had speaking engagements in Moscow at twice his normal fee.

You hear virtually nothing of this. What do you think Russia would do with that much weapons grade material or who has it now.

You hear nothing about it because it is false right-wing propaganda. Do you do any research before throwing out things you heard on Fox News or saw on a Facebook meme and present them as fact? Because this claim is the very definition of "fake news." That uranium has never left America. Please read the following articles carefully:
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/16/trump-claims--falsely--that-clinton-gave-russia-20-of-us-uranium.html
http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

Curious on your thoughts on the repercussions of Comey's comments last June possibly reopening the investigation on Hillary.

The basis of it was because Anthony Weiner's laptop was found to have Hillary's missing email including some classified on it. I would think they could only get there via Huma Abedin.

The Hillary camp and media went after Comey and there was virtually no mention of Anthony and Huma. Shoot the messenger.

Re-opening the investigation was the right thing to do, in the presence of newly-discovered, potentially-relevant information. Announcing it publicly was the wrong way to do it. That's just not the way the FBI works. It was in contravention of their standard policies. Comey mishandled that, pure and simple, and if it did affect the election results, it was a mistake of significant magnitude.

Why does no one blame Anthony or Huma for Hillary's loss?

I heard plenty of people criticizing Weiner at the time. Not so much Huma, as people view her more as a victim of Weiner's misdeeds. Ultimately, the whole email scandal thing was Hillary's fault to begin with for using a private server. But that information was out. It was public, and the FBI had decided it wasn't worthy of criminal charges. The public had time to debate it. But it was Comey's announcement he was re-opening that investigation, so close to the election and without even knowing what was on the laptop, that swayed the outcome (at least in many people's minds). That is why Comey gets a large portion of the blame.

Rich,
The NRC approved the sale of 2 Uranium mines in Wyoming and Utah to the Russian company AMRZ. If you search on line you will find those two mines contain about 20% of the Uranium in the USA.

Look for the NY Times article stating that after the sale the Clinton foundation received 4 payments of $2.35 million and bill was paid $500,000 by a Russian banker to speak to a group there. Assuming the NY Times is not to much right-wing propaganda for you.

Last edited:
Rich,
The NRC approved the sale of 2 Uranium mines in Wyoming and Utah to the Russian company AMRZ. If you search on line you will find those two mines contain about 20% of the Uranium in the USA.

Look for the NY Times article stating that after the sale the Clinton foundation received 4 payments of $2.35 million and bill was paid $500,000 by a Russian banker to speak to a group there. Assuming the NY Times is not to much right-wing propaganda for you.

Uranium is only really used for fission nuclear reactors which the rest the world is moving away from. Modern day nuclear weapons uses plutonium fission and and hydrogen fusion (thermonuclear). Uranium also isn't that rare or dangerous naturally. I ordered some from Amazon before.

Rich,

Brad, that's the same deal referred to in the articles I posted. Did you read them? I read the NYT article. Here is a relevant quote from it: "Such is the power of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States. The committee comprises some of the most powerful members of the cabinet, including the attorney general, the secretaries of the Treasury, Defense, Homeland Security, Commerce and Energy, and the secretary of state. They are charged with reviewing any deal that could result in foreign control of an American business or asset deemed important to national security."

Please tell me what good it would do to give huge bribes to the Clintons if Hillary represented only one out of seven different cabinet positions who had to approve that deal? Really. It's a huge mental leap and makes no sense. For someone so demanding of actual proof, you are really stretching this one out.

In other news:

According to the NYT, President Trump said this to the Russian delegation visiting the White House:

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job. I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Are you kidding me? Is he trying to build a case for obstruction? Because he's doing a darn good job of it. You just can't make this stuff up.

In other news:

According to the NYT, President Trump said this to the Russian delegation visiting the White House:

Rich I agree with you about the President. I have never said he was anything less than some of the idiotic comments he makes about other people. He appears to have no filtering between the thought process and his mouth.

Again, I only had a choice between 2 candidates for voting.

If you choose to have 100% faith in Snopes and CNBC that is your choice. There are way to many other sources that confirm my feelings. I hope I am wrong.

Uranium is only really used for fission nuclear reactors which the rest the world is moving away from. Modern day nuclear weapons uses plutonium fission and and hydrogen fusion (thermonuclear). Uranium also isn't that rare or dangerous naturally. I ordered some from Amazon before.

The emphasis of your statement being "dangerous naturally". You don't think the Russians would do anything evil do you?

I will sleep better tonight knowing it is not dangerous naturally.

If you choose to have 100% faith in Snopes and CNBC that is your choice. There are way to many other sources that confirm my feelings. I hope I am wrong.

You neglected to answer the pertinent question. Where is the logic in paying huge bribes to one out of seven individuals who had veto power over the decision? I mean, for crying out loud, the Secretary of Defense had veto power, but he didn't share your grave concerns about the deal. I'm not saying there wasn't a brazen attempt to get in the Clinton's favor. I don't have enough knowledge on it to speak to that. I am saying that logic doesn't support the kind of quid pro quo that you are implying with regards to the purchase of the Canadian mining company.

Last edited:
Hey Brad, in relation to your question on why nobody is blaming Weiner for Trump's election, you might enjoy this article published today: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/19/why-we-should-feel-no-pity-for-anthony-weiner

Or perhaps this one: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/polit...comey-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/index.html

Thanks Rich, though I will say the DailyBeast and CNN are, for me, very left wing publications. You might as well put your faith in Huffington Post for main stream exposure.
CNN is not the highly watched network it once was.

Sorry I didn't make my comment clear. I am surprised that the Clinton campaign and all of the Gorge Soros funded groups that are having a melt down that Trump is not the legitimate President aren't protesting and rioting wanting to string Weiner up.

How can they not take issue verbally that somehow the emails were on Anthony's computer. One would thing that he didn't have access to them but certainly Huma did.

In relation to your saying there is no logic to the AMRZ deal. How many times do our senators and congressmen defy logic with their actions.

I hope your are correct on this but, until I find more information we will both have our own opinion on it.

Y'all notice how Trump's aides get on T.V. and explain away his statements, and the explanation is completely different than what he said and makes no logical sense? Hard to believe the latest round of explanations regarding his statement telling the Russians the pressure was off because he fired Comey, after last week when they all stated he fired Comey because of the memo and then Trump gets on T.V. and says he intended to do it regardless of the memo and then cites the Russia controversy. They literally blew all their credibility on the first leak and have none left to counter the subsequent leaks. What a comedy of errors!

Some days its as though they wrote all of the options on pieces of paper. They then put them in a hat and pull one out for the talking point for the next 8-12 hours.

Y'all notice how Trump's aides get on T.V. and explain away his statements, and the explanation is completely different than what he said and makes no logical sense? Hard to believe the latest round of explanations regarding his statement telling the Russians the pressure was off because he fired Comey, after last week when they all stated he fired Comey because of the memo and then Trump gets on T.V. and says he intended to do it regardless of the memo and then cites the Russia controversy. They literally blew all their credibility on the first leak and have none left to counter the subsequent leaks. What a comedy of errors!

This is why we have a spokesman hiding in the bushes not wanting to talk to the press. Trump can get away with saying anything, BUT from anyone else not so much.

This is why we have a spokesman hiding in the bushes not wanting to talk to the press. Trump can get away with saying anything, BUT from anyone else not so much.

Yeah, Spicer's in a no-win situation. From the beginning, he's been tasked with backing up all the provably false statements of the narcissist-in-chief. And when you get up on a podium in front of all the press and say things like "his inauguration crowd was the biggest ever," when actual photo comparisons clearly show otherwise, then the press isn't going to give you any leeway on anything else. I think the way Trump and his team have dealt with the press and with the intelligence agencies really shows how politically inept they are. Those are two categories of organizations that you really don't want on your bad side as a politician. A lot of the recent fallout is a direct result of that policy. You pi$$ off the intelligence agencies, they're going to leak stuff. You pi$$ off the press, they're going to time the public release of those leaks to inflict maximal damage.

Puuuuleees Rich, really the inauguration crowd $hit again?? That's because most of his supporters where at work, working hard, unlike the liberal free loaders with nothing else to do but support the new leader back then, (Bam Bam) that will keep them in food stamps, cash assistance and a general free ride...Really sick of this crap, ya'll lost, your party is in shambles, all you have is a sick media fueled by CNN, Chris Cuomo, Brassille and others, eyes bugged out. Struggling to take the real issues like terrorism and the economy on instead of grasping at straws with Flynn and others, struggling to hear their own voice over their disfunctional children in the next room. And how they can make themselves feel justified for their $hit reporting and backing who BTFreakingWay??

Puuuuleees Rich, really the inauguration crowd $hit again?? That's because most of his supporters where at work, working hard, unlike the liberal free loaders with nothing else to do but support the new leader back then, (Bam Bam) that will keep them in food stamps, cash assistance and a general free ride...Really sick of this crap, ya'll lost, your party is in shambles, all you have is a sick media fueled by CNN, Chris Cuomo, Brassille and others, eyes bugged out. Struggling to take the real issues like terrorism and the economy on instead of grasping at straws with Flynn and others, struggling to hear their own voice over their disfunctional children in the next room. And how they can make themselves feel justified for their $hit reporting and backing who BTFreakingWay??

Ahh I was waiting for you to pop up.

Your exquisite cognitive dissonance has not disappointed.

So was it the largest inauguration crowd? As the president and his cadre said.

Or was it not the largest crowd ever? Because, as you say, the hard working, downtrodden, salt of the earth, morally superior, Trump supporters were too busy at their employ.

This of course means that the Yellow Muppet lied.

So which is it?

Last edited:

As usual, Stuwee, your incoherent rant completely (intentionally?) misses the point. I could care less about whose inauguration crowd sizes were larger. My point was that Trump's team eviscerated their own credibility when they made a point to vociferously argue that his was the largest ever, despite clear evidence to the contrary. When you sacrifice your credibility over basically meaningless issues, you have none left to draw on when the issue is more serious. That is exactly what has happened with Trump's administration. They have squandered so much credibility by being dishonest over meaningless things, that no one (not even serious republicans) believes them now that the issues are much more serious. I'll never be able to comprehend the ability of some people to stick their heads in the sand in the face of such obvious dishonesty as you seem to do. I hope you're not too disappointed when Trump resigns in disgrace over the obstruction of justice charges in a few months. I'm sure you will just view it as a big liberal conspiracy.

As usual, Stuwee, your incoherent rant completely (intentionally?) misses the point. I could care less about whose inauguration crowd sizes were larger. My point was that Trump's team eviscerated their own credibility when they made a point to vociferously argue that his was the largest ever, despite clear evidence to the contrary. When you sacrifice your credibility over basically meaningless issues, you have none left to draw on when the issue is more serious. That is exactly what has happened with Trump's administration. They have squandered so much credibility by being dishonest over meaningless things, that no one (not even serious republicans) believes them now that the issues are much more serious. I'll never be able to comprehend the ability of some people to stick their heads in the sand in the face of such obvious dishonesty as you seem to do. I hope you're not too disappointed when Trump resigns in disgrace over the obstruction of justice charges in a few months. I'm sure you will just view it as a big liberal conspiracy.

You are right... they are 'basically meaningless issues'... that the media decided they needed to report on!!! Haha.... and that doesn't make up for the response.... it should have been a 'who cares....' response... and they could have said something similar like .... 'most of my supporters are working - and lets face it - We lost DC by something like 92% - 8%??? -- I mean if the locality is essentially 90+% Dems - you really can't expect travelers to make up the difference ... but I digress....

There is a lot of negative spin going on - and that is what the admin is trying to fight - in a not so great fashion.... I saw an article that was headlined by CNN ... something to the tune of .... 'Hillary email server issue bigger that originally thought...' ... So , I start reading it - figuring they found something else out .... when no - all it was - was an article talking about how they did a survey and believe the email had a lot to do with people's vote ....

I am waiting for this whole Russia thing to kind of disappear like a lot of things have..... and then we will start again ... with something else.... I am fine with the news .... just not interested in news agency's 'opinion' of the news.... and continued inference, suggestion, innuendo, surmise, out-right guesses -- but when posed and said in the right frame --- seems to be facts vs someone's fiction.

Timm, I agree with a lot that you say. Part of the price Trump has paid for having no political experience is a complete inability to effectively massage his public relations. Like I said earlier, if you immediately alienate both the press and the intelligence agencies upon assuming office, you are going to have a hard time. Of course, he could have also saved himself some pain and humiliation by not letting his ego get in the way and arguing that everything he does is the best ever, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. He seems so consumed with creating the perception that he is "winning" that he has lost sight of which battles matter.

If you are waiting for the whole Russia thing to disappear, you may be waiting awhile. It seems to me that Trump was trying just a little too hard to make all this go away for there not to be anything shady behind it. The whole "where there's is smoke, there is fire" concept. Seems to be an awful lot of smoke here. But it may take years for it all to come out. I expect Trump will face obstruction charges before that, given his apparent pattern of behavior trying to influence Comey.

So now we are up to four different high-level Trump campaign aides who had multiple meetings with Russian officials in the months leading up to the election (the same election that our own security services have concluded the Russians interfered with in order to help Trump win), and all four of these aides "accidentally" forgot to mention anything about these meetings on their security clearance forms.

Does no one on the conservative side smell a rat here? Come on, if this was Hillary's aides, you would be foaming at the mouth and screaming lock her up. It will be a long time before we know the whole truth (if we ever do), but this is looking more and more like collusion and coverup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back