The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody commented on this morning's Tweet, "Trump Thumps CNN". Many in the Press feel it could incite real physical action against them for just doing their job.

I just saw your second post, timm. In regards to "moving forward," I am concerned that the greatest threat to our democracy moving forward is the polarization of politics created by this move to the extremes of both parties and the acrimonious nature of current political discourse. You used to see politicians, especially in the Senate, reach across the aisle and pass bipartisan legislation for the good of the country. Heck, some of the most important environmental legislation in our lifetimes was passed under the Nixon administration! You just don't see that today. Positions have hardened and the party in control refuses to compromise.

I think both both parties are to blame, but I would say a majority of blame for the current dysfunction is due to the rise of the Tea Party and their no compromise / take no prisoners attitude. No doubt the media has played a role as well.

Just look look at the underlying process of the Senate's Obamacare replacement and compare it to how Obamacare was originally passed. There is no comparison. This is the most dysfunctional, highly partisan Senate we have perhaps ever had. And the damage is done because the precedent is set. When (not if, but when) the democrats take back control of the Senate, they will treat the republicans the same way and even worse. And the partisanship and hatred will continue to escalate. That's how civil wars start. I'm very concerned for our country moving forward.

I agree rich. It is just so frustrating to see adults acting like children given such an important role. And yes. Trump acts like an idiot and distracts from any work that should be done. His message could be on point if he polished it up a bit and stopped going overboard to 'get back' at whomever. It's almost like the Dems say 'watch this .... let's bring up Comey and he'll go off on some rant and continue to deligitimize (is that a word??) himself'. Nobody wants to get along plain and simple. I don't know if it is because the parties have swung too far right or left. But whatever it is. It has to be blown up. My concern is that the distractions, childish games could put us as a nation at risk.

Has anybody commented on this morning's Tweet, "Trump Thumps CNN". Many in the Press feel it could incite real physical action against them for just doing their job.

I was considering it but the video, and what it indicates regarding 45's mental stability, says it all.

I was considering it but the video, and what it indicates regarding 45's mental stability, says it all.

Two additional things:

1. retweeting a photoshopped video of a staged WWF "fight" in an effort to attack a news organization as "fake news" takes irony to new levels. Of course, this is the same person claiming ABC, CBS, MSNBC, Washington Post, and NY Times are fake news, while promoting Breitbart, the National Enquirer, and Infowars as reputable.

2. the originator of the video is a reddit troll with a long history of racist and anti-Semitic postings. Republishing content from such a person is a pretty good indication of Trump's character. Ego "trumps" everything with this guy. I'm not sure we have had a world leader with these levels of ego, narcissism, and poor judgement in our lifetimes.

re:45 Jr. Isn't this finally an indisputable "smoking gun"? Shouldn't that approach by the Russians have been reported to the FBI? What about Crown Prince Jared? Did he just forget again? There's no way he doesn't remember that meeting. He's out and out lied again.

Ps: There was another person in the room. Truly amazing. Do they think we're that stupid or are they that stupid?

Do they think we're that stupid or are they that stupid?

Arrogance and disrespect for the law. Apparently Kushner has recently amended and added one hundred or so names on his contact / disclosure list. :ROFL:

Another crash and burn for 45 and the Republicans.

Sorry to say both my Senators were two of the main folks involved with trying to draft / pass this bill.

Sadly Gordon, while true, the way you put it, it's just the 'Republicans' that crashed and burned. No, the Country suffers........ The truth is Obamacare is not the answer and while 'Trump Care' is probably not as well all we do is continue to have the moronic left and right continue to act and behave like they do so nothing gets done.

Perhaps buy going back and starting 'fresh' something good will happen ??? I'll believe it when I see it...........

Agreed my friend. Should have clarified. But you must admit that the "bravado" and promises made over the last seven years was way over the top.

So much for controlling the Presidency and both houses of Congress.

Regarding the best interest of the Country, I think we are fu*ked.

I'll be retired and in New Mexico in a month or so and consider my self very lucky and fortunate. My main concern moving forward is enjoying the rest of my life and avoiding / trying to black out the absolute abysmal, disgusting, abhorrent dysfunctionality of our elected officials in the federal government.

Agreed my friend. Should have clarified. But you must admit that the "bravado" and promises made over the last seven years was way over the top.

I agree with that, it made me switch sides.

So much for controlling the Presidency and both houses of Congress.

Regarding the best interest of the Country, I think we are fu*ked.

Agree with that as well sir Gordon, however, you never saw the backlash of violence from conservitives and even moderates when Obam Bam was pres, as we have seen with the liberal nut jobs lately, I'm not putting you or anyone else on this thread in that stuff, just sayin'!!

I'll be retired and in New Mexico in a month or so and consider my self very lucky and fortunate. My main concern moving forward is enjoying the rest of my life and avoiding / trying to black out the absolute abysmal, disgusting, abhorrent dysfunctionality of our elected officials in the federal government.

Haha! Just wait till you see what's in store for you in New Mexico buddy, you will be shocked..peace and love bro, get a weapon and learn how to use it!!

I'm of this site again for a long time, I've never felt so unwelcomed by a bunch of elitest's on forum except for Audio Karma, Bye Bye!!

Stuwee!!!!

Haha. I know where you are coming from but if I were you I would just back off the political threads. It gets you upset - and that's not worth it. I got my 20.7s during the Trump admin. Coincidence? Lol. Ok. I'm jerking everyone around.

I don't know Stuwee. I've read many of his posts and away from politics, he's okay. He and I are certainly diametrically opposed politically, but he has a right to his opinions and to voice them. What I just don't understand about Stuwee and his ilk is they sure can dish it out but they just can't take it. Somebody please explain.

I don't know Stuwee. I've read many of his posts and away from politics, he's okay. He and I are certainly diametrically opposed politically, but he has a right to his opinions and to voice them. What I just don't understand about Stuwee and his ilk is they sure can dish it out but they just can't take it. Somebody please explain.

Hmm. I will try. But not speaking for him in any way. Some people feel a certain way - want to express it - and move on. Continually having your thoughts rebuked is frustrating - like talking to a wall regardless of how you may have expressed those thoughts. Some have patience to make the argument on rebuttal - others not. I think that explains it. :) It's like the subjective / objective listening debates.

Haha! Just wait till you see what's in store for you in New Mexico buddy, you will be shocked..peace and love bro, get a weapon and learn how to use it!!

I'm of this site again for a long time, I've never felt so unwelcomed by a bunch of elitest's on forum except for Audio Karma, Bye Bye!!

Great, veiled hints of violence, that's all we need on this forum.

Does anyone else find that comment a bit creepy?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back