The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with a lot of your sentiments, timm. But I’ll just speak to the attorney/client privilege thing. I have no problem with someone asserting it if it is indeed applicable and I would agree that often it is the correct thing to do, even if you “did nothing wrong and have nothing to hide.” My problem is when it is misused to avoid topics you just don’t want to discuss. I don’t have any way of knowing whether that’s the case here or not. But it’s definitely a bad look for Jr. to assert the privilege in this instance, since the questions were about a call between Jr. and Sr. about how to respond to the public disclosure of his meeting with the Russians. Such a conversation has the appearance of elements of obstruction written all over it. So clamming up about that conversation looks really bad.

At least he and Melania remembered Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. Maybe they got the date wrong, but they remembered.

I don't know which is worse, incompetence over something like this, or doing it intentionally as a media grab. It's a LOSE:LOSE either way.

Last edited:
At House Intel meeting yesterday, 46Jr. testified (behind closed doors) about the Russian clusterf..k and refused to answer questions, based on client / attorney privilege, regarding conversations he had with 46 on this issue because "attorneys were in the room".

Keeps getting better everyday. :p
Gordon, you keep referring to "46". Are you thinking (perish the thought) of 45 devil's spawn becoming 46?

So the Secret congressional pay-out fund (that's Gordon and Rich's tax dollars

Hi timm,

It's everyone's tax dollars. Looking forward to the big "reveal" regarding who used the "get out of jail" fund without suffering the consequences.

Best,

Gordon

I heard a segment on the news today that when Paul Manafort was searched they removed 36 laptops. Yikes, I have trouble finding things on one laptop.

I hope they found the explanation key, as you would have to have some system to know what each was used for.

Hi timm,

It's everyone's tax dollars. Looking forward to the big "reveal" regarding who used the "get out of jail" fund without suffering the consequences.

Best,

Gordon

Haha. I know Brother Gordon. We are in this together.

At least he and Melania remembered Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. Maybe they got the date wrong, but they remembered.

I don't know which is worse, incompetence over something like this, or doing it intentionally as a media grab. It's a LOSE:LOSE either way.
They got Dec 7 wrong??? I was saying just today - kids don't know this date. I was born 20 years later and know it. By the way where were you today - 37 years ago? One of the saddest days of my life really.

They got Dec 7 wrong??? I was saying just today - kids don't know this date. I was born 20 years later and know it. By the way where were you today - 37 years ago? One of the saddest days of my life really.

Sorry, Melania Tweeted about it being November 7th and Trump misquoted President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Dec 8th speech. They didn't both get the date wrong. I think the issue is just that they don't care enough to be careful. Trump will "wing it" and hope it is close but not care if he got it right. Melania at least deleted her tweet when she found out it was wrong. They just don't seem to care or take anything seriously.

If it matters, in 1980 I was a freshman in HS. December 8, 1980 was a Monday, so I was probably in school. At the time I wasn't into music much and didn't watch the news so John Lennon's death wouldn't have registered with me. It wasn't for another year or two that I started to get into music. I mostly liked RUSH, Def Leppard, AC/DC, back then.

The first news event that I remember exactly where I was when I found out about it was when the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded in 1986. I was working in the cafeteria of my college dorm checking off names as kids went in to eat.

Last edited:
Holy $hit!!! We did it. Deep red, solidly conservative Alabama elected a democrat to the U.S. Senate! I honestly never believed it would happen. Don’t give us too much credit though. Over half a million people still voted for the racist, misogynist, Bible-thumping Roy Moore. Doug Jones only won by a little over 10,000 votes [edit: looks like the final tally was a 20,000 vote margin] with a total of more than 1.2 million votes cast. So 49% of the state still had no problem with Moore. That’s rather sickening.

Here’s the interesting thing. There were over 22,000 write-in votes. I guarantee every one of those were republicans who simply couldn’t hold their nose (and morals) and vote for Moore. Had they done so, it would have swayed the election the other way. So kudos to those conservatives with a conscience.

This race will have national implications. Moore was supported by Trump and Bannon, but not by McConnell and the Washington establishment. That’s a win for the establishment in the fight for the soul of the Republican Party, which will have serious repercussions in the 2018 midterm elections. And in the meantime, the Republican majority in the senate is razor thin. The chances of the dems taking back the Senate in 2018 just went up tremendously.

Last edited:
In Alabama this was quite an event, but only because Roy Moore is a contemptible person. Any less tarnished GOP candidate would have won. There were defections from moderate republicans, a lot of republicans stayed home and didn't vote and democrats voted in force. I don't expect a repeat in 6 years, but that is 6 years.

Add to that Trump's enforcement of him, and Trump's recent comments about professional women sleeping their way to the top and Trump's approval ratings are almost as low as they've ever been.

I don't think Trump will attempt re-election, but I hope he does.

trumpapprovalrating.jpg

Last edited:
In Alabama this was quite an event, but only because Roy Moore is a contemptible person. Any less tarnished GOP candidate would have won. There were defections from moderate republicans, a lot of republicans stayed home and didn't vote and democrats voted in force. I don't expect a repeat in 6 years, but that is 6 years.

One of the Republican operatives in the state said it best. To paraphrase: “we could have picked any random republican out of the phone book and won this race by a large margin, but we got stuck with the one candidate who couldn’t manage to win in deep red Alabama.”

Oh, and unfortunately it’s not six years. This was a special election to fill the remainder of A.G. Jeff Sessions’ seat, so he will be up for re-election in 2020.

I am disgusted that the vote was as close as it was. Just shows how indoctrinated evangelicals are in the concept of party before country. We constantly ask how we end up with such slime balls in government. Well, here you go. We elect them because people can’t think for themselves and make reasonable value judgments instead of just party line voting.

Whew!! Thought it was going to be a repeat of the Detroit mayoral race.

Maybe there is hope.

At least we could wake up this morning with a feeling of hope. It's been so long, it's almost something new.

Bob Corker said some positive things about this election and how the Senate will be happy not to deal with someone like him and what he would bring with him.

Then of course he got attacked by Trump supporters who still don't realize that we are in the middle of what will likely go down as the worst presidency in recent history if not all of history.

Maybe there is hope.

Maybe. Then again I recently read an interesting article that explained how humanity has peaked and is now on the decline.

Sadly when people are angry and don't trust any reputable source of information they are VERY easily manipulated.

Holy $hit!!! We did it. Deep red, solidly conservative Alabama elected a democrat to the U.S. Senate! I honestly never believed it would happen. Don’t give us too much credit though. Over half a million people still voted for the racist, misogynist, Bible-thumping Roy Moore. Doug Jones only won by a little over 10,000 votes with a total of more than 1.2 million votes cast. So 49% of the state still had no problem with Moore. That’s rather sickening.

Here’s the interesting thing. There were over 22,000 write-in votes. I guarantee every one of those were republicans who simply couldn’t hold their nose (and morals) and vote for Moore. Had they done so, it would have swayed the election the other way. So kudos to those conservatives with a conscience.

This race will have national implications. Moore was supported by Trump and Bannon, but not by McConnell and the Washington establishment. That’s a win for the establishment in the fight for the soul of the Republican Party, which will have serious repercussions in the 2018 midterm elections. And in the meantime, the Republican majority in the senate is razor thin. The chances of the dems taking back the Senate in 2018 just went up tremendously.

Congrats!! Time for a recount... must have been China hackers changing the vote ... I'm gonna have a 'cry in' or better yet lets go riot and break stuff!!! Just kidding.

Maybe there is hope.

Whoa whoa whoa!! The D?? Is it global consensus that the fix was in when Kwame got re-elected ? I always thought so - he was down by 5 points on the eve of the election. But I had never heard anyone speak of it.

Congrats!! Time for a recount... must have been China hackers changing the vote ... I'm gonna have a 'cry in' or better yet lets go riot and break stuff!!! Just kidding.

You joke, but Moore hasn’t conceded the race and is asking for a recount. The State said no problem, as long as he is willing to pay for it (because it is outside of the margin that would automatically trigger a recount).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back