Electromotion FX placement in Home Theater

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ankan

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the process of buying a pair of Electromotion FX surround and an Electromotion C2 center speakers, in order to complete my 5.1 HT system along with my Electromotion ESL.
As far as I can understand, the Electromotion FX surround speakers, are dipoles right ?
Dipole speakers have two drivers in each side, firing at opposite phases, one positive (in phase) and one negative (out of phase), in our case I believe these have to be the Folded Motion Tweeters if I am not mistaken.
According to Home Theater setup guides, dipole surround speakers in a 5.1 HT system, should be placed directly at the sides of the listener's ears and about 2 to 3 ft higher, with the positive - in phase - driver facing front.
My question is this, how do we find which of the drivers is the positive (in phase) ?
Is there a marking in the speaker or it has to do with the (+) speaker terminal ?
Any help will be highly appreciated...
Or perhaps they are labeled (right speaker and left speaker), so there will be no problem at all ?

Last edited:
Update:
After contacting Martin Logan, they said that there is no left or right speaker so, placement is not an issue regarding in-phase and out of phase drivers...

Latest posts

Back