Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
As many of you know, I love Radiohead... Not a huge fan of all their albums; Kid A and Amnesiac for example.. just "meh" to me.

Anyway, was back in Wisconsin for the last few days and their new album "A Moon Shaped Pool" was released, so I jumped on iTunes and downloaded it so I could listen on the plane ride back to California.

It's Haunting. Sad. Mezmerizing. Chilling.. Most of all, beautiful. Wow. Brought me almost to tears on several tracks. The instrument that is Thom Yorke's voice always amazes and moves me.

They continue to redefine and reinvent themselves and explore new things. This is very trippy, shoegazing, etheral and trance-inducing with slight tastes of other Radiohead albums, but very different from all of them. I am just blown away... cannot stop listening to it.

Very cool. I'm also a fan of a lot of their stuff, so I'll have to pick this up.

Tom,

Listened to 30 second snippets on Amazon.

Sounds a bit like Talk Talk. Atmospheric, floating vocals, etc.

True?

Gordon

Hello there Tom, you and I have the same taste in music it seems, I missed out on the sound bites to hear, I'm going back and forth about buying the Lp or the CD, both pretty pricey for pre orders, as a major analog fiend I think $70 for the LP will blow me away on the Thorens!! It seems there is a white vinyl version and a black one. I usually don't care for colored vinyl (most sound crappy) and, I haven't bought a new LP release in years, hope it works out, peace bro!! Craig

Please, please buy Map of the World ~ "An inch equals a thousand miles" before they are all gone, thank me later

I'm listening to it right now on Tidal myself Tom. I loved KOL and think that OK Computer was a masterpiece. This one is right up there. They have redefined themselves again. Love it!

I'm listening to it right now on Tidal myself Tom. I loved KOL and think that OK Computer was a masterpiece. This one is right up there. They have redefined themselves again. Love it!

Yeah.. really amazing. In Rainbows is still my favorite, but this and OK Computer are tied for 2nd

Latest posts

Back