Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: News from Munich High-End, Two New Masterpiece Series Electrostatic Speakers

Enjoy!

As for the scotch, I don't know what to suggest other than to get a liquor safe.

If they are delivering, I wonder how long before the 13A's and 11A's are on the Martin Logan website.

I assume they want to clear out as much old stock as possible before discounting them.

Mark
    JRiver Media Server 21 on Windows 10 -> (Async USB) -> OPPO 105D -> Emotiva XPA-2 gen 2 -> Martin Logan Ethos -> my ears

What finish did you get? Also, how far from front wall are they positioned?

Can't wait to see pics!
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.
    Click here to see my entire sytem. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

I went with the dark cherry color and placed them 11" from the wall. Somewhere earlier in this thread it was recommended 1 cone width so that's what I did. I have also tried moving them back to 7" and still sounded good.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  50.5 KB

I should also add the room has been in process with plans to be done this fall but when your dealer calls and says how about ML's latest and greatest next week...you don't say no.

I still need to do the grounding rod outside (just showed up), the TV needs to get replaced and the lighting is on the list too.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  51.1 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  105.5 KB
    Last edited by Kabookiep; 05-28-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Sweet! I presume you manually dialed in the BF210, pending ML's downloadable sub settings for the Expression. Can't wait until a local dealer gets the Expression (Renaissance too) for demo.
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.

Shawn had to get the file from ML directly since it wasn't posted on the website yet.
    Last edited by Kabookiep; 05-28-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Awesome. Congratulations on your acquisition.
    Marantz 8300 SACD / Squeezebox Touch --> Audiolab M-DAC --> Copland CTA-305 --> Classé CA-101 --> MartinLogan Vista / Behringer DEQ2496 --> Whise Profunder sub

Click here to see my system

The ML website now has the BF 210/212 downloadable filters for the new Renaissance 15A and Expression 13A... http://www.martinlogan.com/balancedf...s-firmware.php, with two options for each (full range or bass control set at -10dB). Lots of tweaking options with ARC DSP for the mains, plus PBK and filter options if adding BF sub(s).

I'd love to see ML offer a YouTube video (or white paper) with details about how they measure and create the BF filters!

Congratulation Kabooklep, I'm going to meet with one of Shawn's clients this weekend to hear his CLX's. Then hopefully to Di Vinci and hear the 13A and 15A speakers. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad225 View Post
    Congratulation Kabooklep, I'm going to meet with one of Shawn's clients this weekend to hear his CLX's. Then hopefully to Di Vinci and hear the 13A and 15A speakers. Looking forward to it.
    Not quite sure what you are looking for? Do you like the electrostatic sound or just tweaking what you have? I don't see any sub woofers in your past or present systems obviously that is by choice by why? Also tube amps are curious with impedance going so low on higher frequencies.
    Music Rm #503: CLX Art DC / 2-212's / Bricasti M12/28's / Aurender N10 / Nordost: O2 Loom / V2 Pwr Spk & Subs, QX4, QV2, QK1, QB8, Sort Fut, Lift & TC Kones, QKore 6, Earth Grd, Acoustical Panels Media Rm #504: 13A's Balsalt Blk /Descent i's / Vanquish / Focus / Parasound 3-A23 & 31 / 65" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM60 / Nordost V2/T2/H2 Pwr & IC, H2 HDMI & Net, QK1, QV2, QB8 & QX2 / Entreq SM / SBooster / Sony 4K Blu-ray

I stand corrected I now see subs NICE!
    Music Rm #503: CLX Art DC / 2-212's / Bricasti M12/28's / Aurender N10 / Nordost: O2 Loom / V2 Pwr Spk & Subs, QX4, QV2, QK1, QB8, Sort Fut, Lift & TC Kones, QKore 6, Earth Grd, Acoustical Panels Media Rm #504: 13A's Balsalt Blk /Descent i's / Vanquish / Focus / Parasound 3-A23 & 31 / 65" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM60 / Nordost V2/T2/H2 Pwr & IC, H2 HDMI & Net, QK1, QV2, QB8 & QX2 / Entreq SM / SBooster / Sony 4K Blu-ray

Kabookiep congratulations on the purchase of works of art for the eyes and for the ears.

Hope you have great fun listening to music!

Quote Originally Posted by GW1800 View Post
    Not quite sure what you are looking for? Do you like the electrostatic sound or just tweaking what you have? I don't see any sub woofers in your past or present systems obviously that is by choice by why? Also tube amps are curious with impedance going so low on higher frequencies.
    Hi GW1800. I didn't realize you are the kind soul offering a listening session. Thank You.
    I love the sound of my CLSIIz's, but I guess it is a matter of can there be an improvement in the sound. If so then I will more than likely take the plunge to CLX's.
    I have heard them twice in the pass with the same manufacturers electronics and it didn't impress me. There were also no subs in either dealer demo.

i will be texting with Shawn this morning about the time frame this weekend.

I am sending you a PM with contact information.

The ML website now has full specs, pics, and manual for the Expression ESL 13A... http://www.martinlogan.com/expression-esl-13a/specs.php

Interesting that it has the same Audio Control settings and 300 Hz crossover as the Renaissance.