News from Munich High-End, Two New Masterpiece Series Electrostatic Speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cayman-

I understand your curiosity about MartinLogan's long term product road map. Unfortunately, I am not able to answer questions unless they are about a current product or one that has been announced through an official press release.

Regards,
Devin

I understand the limitations and appreciate your response.

It's just that I almost pulled the trigger on CLX when the Renaissance was announced and wanted to know if the CLXs will be updated with the new techs announced in the new Masterpiece line...

You sure will understand how disappointed I would be if I buy an eight year old speaker only to find out that the new iteration is out in a few months!

You sure will understand how disappointed I would be if I buy an eight year old speaker only to find out that the new iteration is out in a few months!
Your concern is a very valid one, but I understand ML's side as well.

I'm sure your dealer can help you out there. Negotiate a deal where you buy the speakers only if they guarantee full trade-in if the speaker is replaced within a year (or whatever you want (or can) negotiate). If a dealer wants to make a sale, I'm sure they'll stand by the product they are selling and satisfy your concerns.

Hello all, we just received notice from ML that our pair of the Expression 13a is on the way to the store! DaVinci Media is one of the first if not the first to get a pair of these great new speakers. Let us know if you'd like to stop by for an audition. We already have the Renaissance 15a's and they are one of the best if not the best speakers we have ever had in the store.

www.davincimedia.com
Milwaukee WI
414-479-1829

I think that the best reason for having opposing woofers would be that they could cancel out each other's backwave and thereby stop the woofer box from causing the panel to vibrate. That would have to improve the sound and I'd be surprised if ML didn't take this opportunity to get that done.

Proud owner of brand new ML Expression 13As!!!!!

They were delivered and installed last night. These are incredible! Married the twins up to a Parasound Integrated amp, ML 210 sub and connected it all together with a smattering of Nordost cables. Very impressed with the speakers but the biggest win was the room correction. WOW. My room is an audio nightmare: narrow deep room, big fluffy couches and a large walk through opening next to one of the speakers. That room correction turned the speakers from a really nice sound to ridiculous. Such a change.

Big thank you to Shawn Millin of DaVinci Media. I don't know how you did it but you turned Martin Logan's statement of "we hope to start shipping the new speakers this fall" into "how about next week". Bit of a gamble to buy these without actually seeing OR hearing them but I did hear and see the 15As and really wasn't concerned.

IMPORTANT NOTE! Be very careful when you turn these on! People will come over to listen and drink all of your scotch! I need to go to the liquor store today to restock....:ROFL:

Enjoy!

As for the scotch, I don't know what to suggest other than to get a liquor safe.

If they are delivering, I wonder how long before the 13A's and 11A's are on the Martin Logan website.

I assume they want to clear out as much old stock as possible before discounting them.

What finish did you get? Also, how far from front wall are they positioned?

Can't wait to see pics!

I went with the dark cherry color and placed them 11" from the wall. Somewhere earlier in this thread it was recommended 1 cone width so that's what I did. I have also tried moving them back to 7" and still sounded good. image.jpg

I should also add the room has been in process with plans to be done this fall but when your dealer calls and says how about ML's latest and greatest next week...you don't say no.

I still need to do the grounding rod outside (just showed up), the TV needs to get replaced and the lighting is on the list too.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! I presume you manually dialed in the BF210, pending ML's downloadable sub settings for the Expression. Can't wait until a local dealer gets the Expression (Renaissance too) for demo.

The ML website now has the BF 210/212 downloadable filters for the new Renaissance 15A and Expression 13A... http://www.martinlogan.com/balancedforce/custom-filters-firmware.php, with two options for each (full range or bass control set at -10dB). Lots of tweaking options with ARC DSP for the mains, plus PBK and filter options if adding BF sub(s).

I'd love to see ML offer a YouTube video (or white paper) with details about how they measure and create the BF filters!

Congratulation Kabooklep, I'm going to meet with one of Shawn's clients this weekend to hear his CLX's. Then hopefully to Di Vinci and hear the 13A and 15A speakers. Looking forward to it.

Congratulation Kabooklep, I'm going to meet with one of Shawn's clients this weekend to hear his CLX's. Then hopefully to Di Vinci and hear the 13A and 15A speakers. Looking forward to it.

Not quite sure what you are looking for? Do you like the electrostatic sound or just tweaking what you have? I don't see any sub woofers in your past or present systems obviously that is by choice by why? Also tube amps are curious with impedance going so low on higher frequencies.

I stand corrected I now see subs NICE!

Not quite sure what you are looking for? Do you like the electrostatic sound or just tweaking what you have? I don't see any sub woofers in your past or present systems obviously that is by choice by why? Also tube amps are curious with impedance going so low on higher frequencies.

Hi GW1800. I didn't realize you are the kind soul offering a listening session. Thank You.
I love the sound of my CLSIIz's, but I guess it is a matter of can there be an improvement in the sound. If so then I will more than likely take the plunge to CLX's.
I have heard them twice in the pass with the same manufacturers electronics and it didn't impress me. There were also no subs in either dealer demo.

i will be texting with Shawn this morning about the time frame this weekend.

I am sending you a PM with contact information.

Latest posts

Back