News from Munich High-End, Two New Masterpiece Series Electrostatic Speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes!!! I was hoping there would be a scaled down version of the Renaissance!

Interesting. I would have to guess that they will be discontinuing the Summit X when they start selling these.

The numbers in the name reference the width of the ESL panels. The "A" designates the woofers are amplified.

Sorry I was being sarcastic, but thank you for the explanation. That makes Perfect sense.

15" wide Panel amplified
13" wide Panel amplified
11" wide Panel amplified

Unfortunately 15A looks like 15 amps to me and at first glance I assumed it would be maximum current drawn by the internal amplifier, however 1800W for a class D amp would be quite a bit :)

Are they all going to be the same height ?

Thanks again!

From a marketing perspective that makes for excellent product differentiation as they will look different side by side and size matters.

Also with their new "blade" diaphragm support they needed to widen them just to make them not appear diminutive compared with the previous lineup.

Last edited:
Great news Devin ! looking forward to seeing the pics when they are available !

Panel height:
Renaissance ESL 15A: 46-inches
Expression ESL 13A: 44-inches
Impression ESL 11A: 44-inches

Speaker height:
Renaissance ESL 15A: 69.8-inches
Expression ESL 13A: 61.5-inches
Impression ESL 11A: 60.75 inches

People should like that.

The 11A at a Montis price point would have a similar width panel,be a bit taller and I "assume" with better bass response. 275W vs. 200W class D amp and new DSP controls
The 13A at a Summit X price point would have a 2" wider panel, be a bit taller and I "assume" have better bass response 300W vs. 200W class D amp and new DSP controls

What's interesting is that the Summit X bottom end is currently at 24Hz and the 15A is 22Hz, so the 13A would need to be between 22-24Hz to be a "spec" improvement, but obviously the DSP processing for the room could make a noticeable improvement that doesn't show well on a simple +/- frequency curve.

Always fun to watch new product announcements :)

I presume dual 10" woofers for Expression and ? single 10" woofer for Impression.

A picture from Munchen.

Attachments

• ei.jpg
    ei.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,861
I bet they sound great, but that boxy look still isn't growing on me.

I like the rectangular look on the wide speaker (Renaissance) as compared to the angular box on my Summits. But on these, the boxes look too long and narrow to me.

I like the rectangular look on the wide speaker (Renaissance) as compared to the angular box on my Summits. But on these, the boxes look too long and narrow to me.

I think they will have more trouble getting past the WAF. The Montis and Summit X looked sexier in comparison. I have no doubt that they are shaped the way they are for good reason. It is unfortunate that appearance is such an important part of most speaker purchases. As it is I'd be happier and so would my wife if my speakers were invisible. I'd never get these past my wife at least in our current home.

I wander if the Ethos and Theos will be replaced by one speaker. And will it be of the Masterpiece class or Electromotion?

I think this becomes a win for folks like myself. I won't be able to get into any of these, but I suspect Ethos prices will come way down.

I really do like the looks of these though. I'm assuming this is the Montis, Ethos replacement?

I'm with Rich on this, but if he wanted to send me a pair as a gift, I would not turn them down! One can only dream.

Latest posts

Back