New Member From Extra Sunny and HOT Central Florida!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chops

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a mint pair of old SL3's that I just got in this past weekend. I've got them dialed in for the most part, but still tweaking their position a little. So far, so good! I look forward to hanging around and contributing to the community!

p1935569260-5.jpg

They are beautiful. I have had my ML's for 5 years and I still play with positioning. This morning I think I finally landed them in their final perfect locations. (Now it's time to upgrade to newer and bigger ML's.)

One question - what is your turntable sitting on?

Welcome!

bikerneil

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome!

The turntable is sitting on a 18" x 18" marble slab with one set of hockey pucks (just for additional height) and two sets of rubber/cork isolation pads. Works surprisingly well, but there's definitely room for improvement.

A pic from a few weeks ago when I was still using the stock 2M Red cartridge...
p1986279635-5.jpg

Welcome from one analog guy to another, it's nice to see that you have your Logans properly positioned out into the room !

Welcome. The SL3 look awesome. Great system.

Have fun listening to music.

Thank you! I'm having fun listening to all sorts of music, even this late at night with the family asleep. However, listening at whisper levels.

Welcome from one analog guy to another, it's nice to see that you have your Logans properly positioned out into the room !

Thanks Dave! My vinyl collection has been slowly growing over the past few years, gaining maybe a total of 20 albums within that time frame. This year on the other hand, just last month alone I purchased 61 albums! And that's not even including all of the latest remastered Phil Collins albums. :rocker:

As for positioning the SL3, they are 46" out from the wall, just about as far as they can go in this room. I have them angled so that the panels are nearly 90 degrees perpendicular to the floor, and toed out just a touch past the 1/3 mark on the panels. I've done my homework in the past couple of days of having these. Then again, I have owned Magnepan's in the past, and built stands to not only raise them roughly 6" off the floor, but also 90 degrees perpendicular to the floor as well. Not to mention several open baffle designs, so already know about getting the speakers out from the front wall as much as possible. You gotta let them babies breathe! :D

Welcome to MLO chops! Bless you for having Talk Talk 'Colour of Spring' on the stand!! Scary good on the SL3's eh??

Welcome to MLO chops! Bless you for having Talk Talk 'Colour of Spring' on the stand!! Scary good on the SL3's eh??

Hello stuwee, thank you! Yes, that album sounds extremely good on these old SL3's. And speaking of the SL3's, I used that serial code thingie here on the forums and found out that these speakers were built in Jan 1998. They look and sound great for being over 18 years old.

Latest posts

Back