Dynamo 700w walking

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tasdisr

Reaction score
I just purchased a Dynamo 700w as an upgrade from my Polk sub. It is used in conjunction with a Yamaha YSP-5600 soundbar.
It sounds great both with music and movies but when playing movies the sub tends to "walk". I have been looking at the SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
to replace the standard feet on the 700 in the hope of stopping the "walk"

Is there anything that I should look at or try before doing this?

Thanks
Frank

Hola. You are playing the sub with too much level. Bring the level a little bit less, and there you go. Down firing makes this wonderful sub to produce a very good deep bass. Typical adjustment is the level around 10 to 11 O´clock (the knob pointing between 4 to five volume number scale).

Here is a video from ML where shows a little understanding the ML subs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzCIMufCQLk

Happy listening!

Hola. You are playing the sub with too much level. Bring the level a little bit less, and there you go. Down firing makes this wonderful sub to produce a very good deep bass. Typical adjustment is the level around 10 to 11 O´clock (the knob pointing between 4 to five volume number scale).

Here is a video from ML where shows a little understanding the ML subs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzCIMufCQLk

Happy listening!

Thanks for the information and video link. The video looks interesting and I want to watch it a couple of times to take it all in. I will try turning the level down to what you suggest as I initially had it set at the halfway level.

On the other hand, what type of floor do you have? Your Dynamo came with special spikes that will clean up the muddy bass and also prevents the ¨walking¨. If your floor is wood, you could scratch it. Just put 50cnts coins right at the center of each spike. Enjoy your sound! Happy listening!

On the other hand, what type of floor do you have? Your Dynamo came with special spikes that will clean up the muddy bass and also prevents the ¨walking¨. If your floor is wood, you could scratch it. Just put 50cnts coins right at the center of each spike. Enjoy your sound! Happy listening!

I do have wood floors so the wife has nixed the use of spikes even with the coins. A poster on another forum suggested putting the sub on a trimmed down anti fatigue mat as it does the same thing as a SubDude-II Subwoofer Acoustic Isolation Platform or using the SVS Soundpath Sub Isolation system. Both of these ideas run about $50.00 so I have an anti fatigue mat
that I can trim down and try.

Ok. When you do the spiking to your sub, what you are doing is to channels the low frequency energy to a four dead points, allowing to prevent the low frequency to resonate along with the wood floor. Doing it, will clean up the bass notes, and you will listen better each bass musical note. If your sub is still walking, you have too much level. Follow the video recommendation about the volume set knob (pointing to number four).

Ok. When you do the spiking to your sub, what you are doing is to channels the low frequency energy to a four dead points, allowing to prevent the low frequency to resonate along with the wood floor. Doing it, will clean up the bass notes, and you will listen better each bass musical note. If your sub is still walking, you have too much level. Follow the video recommendation about the volume set knob (pointing to number four).

Roberto, thank you for your help with this. The spikes even with coins will not pass the wife's inspection! I have lowered the sound level on the sub to about the four position as shown in the video. Since I have the mat, I may just trim four squares to set under the feet of the sub to see if that helps.

Back