New Member - Carlsbad, California, USA

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerneil

Reaction score
I'm a new member and live in Southern California.

I am currently recovering from a back injury so I have lots and lots of time (too much) to enjoy my system and to study all the posts and threads on this site. It has been incredibly helpful to me as I upgrade my system.

I love my ML Source speakers but I am in the process of upgrading to Montis and can't wait for the upgrade. I am trying to figure out how to sneak them in the house without the wife noticing - if you have ideas on how to do this, please let me know...

bikerneil

Neil,

Welcome aboard ! as for sneaking the Montis speakers in .......... Good Luck !!

Welcome Neil! I love the Carlsbad area (stayed many times in Del Mar).

The people on this site have developed a technique for getting Martin Logan's monsters into a living room, past non-approving spouses: buy the wife something expensive that she desires. That way, instead of your having to sneak in the stuff she will help you carry it in!

Welcome Neil.

I sold a pair of CLSIIA's to a guy that lived a few miles from me. He didn't have a truck to move them so he asked if I could deliver them. He then asked if I could deliver them at 7:30 AM on a Saturday morning so his wife would be sleeping and not know he bought them.

I thought that was a long shot for his wife to not notice until we moved the first CLS into his listening room. The room was about 30x50 with 2 sets of Infinity IRS-V speakers. No less than 15 pairs of mono block amps on the floor to say nothing of a 15' rack of equipment waiting its turn.

One of the side walls had what looked like a continuous set of shelves with vinyl on them. It must have been 40'x10'.

I quickly realized all he needed to do was get them in the room and he would be safe.

Good luck with the Montis.

Welcome Neil! I love the Carlsbad area (stayed many times in Del Mar).

The people on this site have developed a technique for getting Martin Logan's monsters into a living room, past non-approving spouses: buy the wife something expensive that she desires. That way, instead of your having to sneak in the stuff she will help you carry it in!

^^^^^^^^ Yes! That! :)

To be fair my stereo is not even close to one of my bigger toys.

Last edited:
I figured out how to physically sneak them in the house, now working on plan to sneak them thru the monthly Visa card bill.....

bikerneil

I figured out how to physically sneak them in the house, now working on plan to sneak them thru the monthly Visa card bill.....

bikerneil

In our 13 years of marriage, my wife and I have never shared a credit card or a checking account, by her choice. That keeps things simple :)

Welcome to MLO Neil!! Does she like them? I think most women love the look of ML speakers, and then when they hear them, they say "Thank You, God, these are a pleasure to have!!"...note, I said MOST!

My partner is a man, and he could care less about stereo stuff, he didn't bat an eye when I spent $6,000 for Summits, or that they had to be so far away from the back wall...he did Bitch about the big black thing that drives them out on the floor....Why?? Because the cables lengths are shorter...may as well be talkin' to a toaster :ROFL:

Enjoy those Montis!!

Welcome bikerneil. I was just in Carlsbad last Friday enjoying margarita flights with my wife at Las Olas! Fun town.

With regard to your addiction, I mean purchase, I can't help you much. Similar to RCHeliGuy, my wife and I maintain separate bank accounts, and we've never had a fight over money. I do occasionally downplay the price I may pay for an item (ok, almost always), but I always pay the bills on time.

Enjoy them though.

Back