Kudo's for Martin Logan's Customer support!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ML Goat

Reaction score
I got my new panel yesterday, got it in last night, works like a charm, much better. Ron took care of me, he was great! They have incredible customer service!

So before I got the new panel, audyssey set the left speaker at +2-3 and the one I replaced at +11. You could go up to it and the top 1/4 of the panel had no sound. NOW.. The left speaker is still around +6 and the new panel is at +1.2. An incredible improvement with the new panel. But.. it sounds brighter than the other panel. Is the new panel going to mellow out, or is the other panel going bad also? Ron at ML thinks I'm going to need to replace that one too. They didn't last very long. Only 3 yrs. Does anyone know what's going on?

Glad to hear ML customer service is still up to par. But a panel going bad in 3 years? That's concerning. Panels "should" last 15-20 years or more. What speaker model do you have? I would certainly keep an eye on your other panel for signs of deterioration.

They are Electromotion ESL's. Got them in 2013. The other one is going too. They are going to replace that one also. Weird. They still look brand new. I wonder if they had a bad run of certain panels.. Its not too bad to swap the panel out,so I'm not worried about that. Just a long as they work :)

I have to second the kudos. ML recently did some work for me on a sub that was out of warranty (just barely but still out) and they did it as if the sub was still under warranty. Adam at ML was great to deal with and I couldn't be happier with the service.

I was talking with someone in the Audio Video Interiors room at AXPONA about the new Renaissance (where they were being demo'ed), and I was told that the "new" panels don't have to be replaced--they should last a "lifetime" (their words). I don't know if that is only for the Renaissance, or all recent products, or...? The topic came about as I was discussing my antique Sequel IIs with them.

That would be surprising. Not that it's not possible. It will be interesting to know whether that is true for all panels going forward or only specific panels. How long has this been true?

That would be surprising. Not that it's not possible. It will be interesting to know whether that is true for all panels going forward or only specific panels. How long has this been true?

Yeah, I would take that with a big grain of salt until ML states it publicly. If this were true, one would expect ML's marketing department to be shouting it from the rooftops.

I agree with Rich and with that being said the environment in which ones stats reside determines 'lifetime' IMO.

Back