MartinLogan Renaissance at AXPONA 2016

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is your entire surround sound system comprised of once you put these in place in the back?

Long answer: 36 total speakers using the Trinnov Altitude32-16 pre-pro. 32 separate channels in a 21.1.10 configuration. The speakers are al Martin Logan. 12 Vanquish In ceiling. 12 axis 6 edge in wall. All in ceiling and in wall speakers are powered by 6 Bryston 9B-SST2 amps that's 30 channels @ 150 watts per channel. Neolith in front 5 Theater 3 way custom center with Dbx drive rack 4800 external crossover CLX anniversaries for sides with pass labs XA 160.8 amps. Renaissance rears with pass labs XA 160.8 amps.

GaryG

Edit: oh and 8 Velodyne dd18 plus subs. Let the rocket roar.

Last edited:
Long answer: 36 total speakers using the Trinnov Altitude32-16 pre-pro. 32 separate channels in a 21.1.10 configuration. The speakers are al Martin Logan. 12 Vanquish In ceiling. 12 axis 6 edge in wall. All in ceiling and in wall speakers are powered by 6 Bryston 9B-SST2 amps that's 30 channels @ 150 watts per channel. Neolith in front 5 Theater 3 way custom center with Dbx drive rack 4800 external crossover CLX anniversaries for sides with pass labs XA 160.8 amps. Renaissance rears with pass labs XA 160.8 amps.

GaryG

Edit: oh and 8 Velodyne dd18 plus subs. Let the rocket roar.

Holy cow.

:eek::eek::eek:

I need a picture just to marvel at this awesomeness.

Just wow....

In addition to the several dozen speakers, the main system consists of:

Neolith as fronts, CLX as sides, and Renaissance as rears?!

Holy cow.

:eek::eek::eek:

I need a picture just to marvel at this awesomeness.

Just wow....

In addition to the several dozen speakers, the main system consists of:

Neolith as fronts, CLX as sides, and Renaissance as rears?!
From what I've read and heard is all the speakers should be the same! I can't see how this could possible sound right! To many variables!

glad they got there sir.
did you or Mike PBK them yet? that helps with integration but you don't yet have them in back position yet so not a big deal at the moment. also, there is a couple of adjustments on the back that will help that have some impact.
As to you, I don't experience big differences in power cables on the passive products like CLX, Neolith as it is only there to provide power to charge that panel which is steady state and not modulated by music.
Once you go powered like the Renaissance, I do find some differences can come up. Besides, fun to play. Keep enjoying sir.

Latest posts

Back