BalancedForce Sub Custom-filters and your ML Speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandeep

Reaction score
Guys,

Would like to know if guys who owns the BalancedForce are using the custom filter with their fronts for 2ch music listening setups?

http://www.martinlogan.com/balancedforce/custom-filters-firmware.php

I have tried both the Montis 0db and -10db profile. Using the 0db profile , the 212 seems taking care of the very low end. I can barely hear information if i switch off the montis and hear the sub.

With -10db profile loaded, i can hear lots of information, including certain frequency of female vocals (Sade - no ordinary love) and you can feel the sub 212 in the room and is working and make you known its presence. I have a question which i asked ML if, i will do any harm in the clarity of sound if i turn the Montis bass control to 0db while using the -10db profile in the 212? I guess, there will be overlapping of certain range of frequency between the 212 and montis sub, but on the other hand, i fear if there will be a mismatch of timings .

Information extracted from the page is quite helpful in the initial setup:
The woofer sections of MartinLogan speakers are equalized to extend the bass response of their low frequency drivers. This equalization causes power from your external amplifier to be delivered to the woofers. Turning the bass control on the speaker to minus 3dB or minus 10dB (and letting the subwoofer fill in) relieves the load on your external amplifier, delivers more power for the upper bass and midrange, and allows the speakers to play louder. MartinLogan BalancedForce custom filters allow you to experiment and determine which method works best for you—letting the speakers play low bass to their fullest capability or letting the external subwoofer fill in. There is no right answer regarding which option to use. As always, we recommend that you try both options and trust your ears.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back